Memoirs of Magic: Full Game is Now Avaliable!

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
phantombeta
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Memoirs of Magic: Demo is Now Avaliable!

Post by phantombeta »

TheStrawberryOctopus wrote:
Captain J wrote:Yo!! It's been too long there! Wonderful to see some update. Anyway kicking seems very risque to use if some enemy acts faster or fires projectile at you. Also you won't even pickup any credit when falling into the pit!

However it would do the trick when you're surrounded, tho!
I would post here more, but for some reason I can't seem to post images here like I used to?... have they removed the ability here to link to tumblr?
Nope. Read this.
TheStrawberryOctopus

Post by TheStrawberryOctopus »

phantombeta wrote:Nope. Read this.
Aah, I see now. I will keep that in mind from now on in regards to images!
TheStrawberryOctopus

Since I didnt have an imgur account, I was thinking maybe I should just link the images I have on tumblr to here. Its probably less resource intensive for the forums, too!

http://strawberryoctopusproductions.tum ... -of-screen

Another Map Done and Another Batch of Screen Shots!… Only a few more maps left, and I am done and dusted! This Map here is the Mount Arctic, which is an area filled with Snow, Ice and even a Miners Cabin Area!
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

At least you can upload some preview videos at Youtube. But i guess uploading tumblr blog article is fine! Looks really impressive that each maps has own colored fog suits with the atmosphere.
TheStrawberryOctopus

Another Level Done, but this time I can't show you plenty of Screen Shots for now as I want to keep most of this place a secret!

Instead, have a Video of one of the NPC's that appear in the Desert Area, Twilight Sands!

(Video Can be Located here! http://strawberryoctopusproductions.tum ... t-show-you )

A lil tidbit too. The NPC here is called Nasher, and he's named after a very inspirational some one who MAYBE Browses these forums. I wonder who I could possibly be talking about!
(No, seriously, if you were to get into a doom modding, he's one of the guys you should seriously look up to if you want to push this engine to its limits!)
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by Vostyok »

Lol. I wonder who this NASHer could be? Quite a conundrum.

Still keeping an eye on this myself, by the way. This project is one of the most unique I have seen in a good long while, and I get crazy N64 vibes off it for some reason.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Hmmmmmm that name sounds very familiar, alright! And my he is sure good at playing guitar while dancing! XD

I say yes, that's really good tribute for him. I'm glad he helped you in many way, if that's true!
TheStrawberryOctopus

Happy Holloween every, and In this video, we get a look at another of the Optional Dragon Bosses, Dracul!

I decided to upload this due to Halloween, and what better way to celebrate it with a Spooky Dragon!

It Should be noted, I am also getting close to the completion of this project. I am working on the final big map as we speak, and after that I just gotta do 3 smaller maps and quality testing!
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Ahh, already seen this awesome vid in youtube. I say the overall boss battle is really impressive, as i expected! However the whole battleground seems a bit dark to dodge his attack. Just my thought here!

And i'm still waiting here. Please keep up the good work and glad to hear that the completion is near!
TheStrawberryOctopus

Hello Again, its Been a Long Time since I made a Post!... But I am here to say, that...

Memoirs of Magic Will be Dropping Next Week. It will be released alongside a Release Trailer to officially announce it!

Until then, Allow me to Showcase the Cover Art for my game in the Drop Box Link Below!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bhiecdnzzruvb ... D.png?dl=0
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

Looking to forward to the release! Looking checking the videos out for this mod since announcement. Glad to see it release soon. :D
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

I just woke up and dear goodness, what a surprise! I never thought you would announce such good news in a right time. It's very indeed a special news. I was wondering about you and the Game's whereabouts as well. I even watched some of your old Videos for Pete's sake! Feels like i'm getting old really. But Making game indeed takes time, so no biggie. So, nonetheless, it's amazing to see you finally and i congratulate on the (Almost) Release of the Memoirs of Magic!

Well, if i'm right. Because Thread is still saying DEMO! I guess you're going to change the name of the Thread if it's released? Anyhoo, i also can't wait. It's been a pleasure to help you with the feedback and suggestion! Maybe i can help you much more when it's Released!
TheStrawberryOctopus

Captain J wrote:I just woke up and dear goodness, what a surprise! I never thought you would announce such good news in a right time. It's very indeed a special news. I was wondering about you and the Game's whereabouts as well. I even watched some of your old Videos for Pete's sake! Feels like i'm getting old really. But Making game indeed takes time, so no biggie. So, nonetheless, it's amazing to see you finally and i congratulate on the (Almost) Release of the Memoirs of Magic!

Well, if i'm right. Because Thread is still saying DEMO! I guess you're going to change the name of the Thread if it's released? Anyhoo, i also can't wait. It's been a pleasure to help you with the feedback and suggestion! Maybe i can help you much more when it's Released!
I will be changing it when the full game releases, yes!

And yeah, when the game comes out, I am going to need to know if they is anything else I can fix. So far, the only glitches I am aware of are the minor ones introduced via multiplayer (if a player dies and you enter another room, they become glitched until they die again. Unfortunately can not be fixed however!). They are probably more + some spelling mistakes I probably missed!

Also, I mostly post progress on my twitter now, for any of those interesting! https://twitter.com/StrawberryOctii
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Playing this mod with Multiplayer sounds like a lot of fun. And about the Glitch, have you told people about it? I'm sure they can help you with fixing the Glitch once you ask about it. Sadly i'm not really familiar with the Scripting, but i wish you good luck. It sounds promising.

And that's weird. Why i haven't followed you on Twitter? Anyway i followed you, and i'm not sure if you're also PsyRedtails? I think i remember some of the Characters from the Game and Tumblr, back in the days.
TheStrawberryOctopus

Its Finally Here!

Embark onto a Grand Adventure in the World of Magic and Save the Realm from the new Mysterious Evil Entity!

Download Link Below!:

https://strawberryoctii.itch.io/memoirs-of-magic

Tell me your thoughts and experiences, and notify me any bugs that may occur. I would love to hear what you all have to say!

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”