Memoirs of Magic: Full Game is Now Avaliable!

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
TheStrawberryOctopus

Re: Memoirs of Magic

Post by TheStrawberryOctopus »

PlayerLin wrote:Looks so interesting. Hope it won't take too longer. :P
Trust me, I would like to get the demo out too. Its hard to believe I nearly been working on this for two years!
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Finally and super-finally. I really worried and then almost-forgot about this great mod. The Throne room looks majestic and i'm glad to see this.

And believe me or not, my mod took 5 years to finish because of real life stuff and learning how to mod. So, you're not the only one!
Last edited by Captain J on Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
gwHero
Graphics Processor: Intel with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by gwHero »

Take your time TheStrawberryOctopus! Making a TC takes SO much time, we all know.
But I must admit, I'm very curious too! :) Memoires of Magic looks very promising.
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by Vostyok »

gwHero wrote:Take your time TheStrawberryOctopus! Making a TC takes SO much time, we all know...
Oh, I can agree with that !

Looking forward to this, by the way.
TheStrawberryOctopus

Hello, I am going to attempt to upload a bunch of mini vids every now and then to show off features and changes quickly instead of doing them in one big video. In this video, you can see the Pistol, Shotgun and Magnum animation changes, as well as the new Kick Back Property which allows you to Gun Jump!

You can also hear the official sound track which was provided by Dim Widdy, who can be located here!
https://twitter.com/Dim_Widdy
Vostyok wrote:Oh, I can agree with that !

Looking forward to this, by the way.
gwHero wrote:Take your time TheStrawberryOctopus! Making a TC takes SO much time, we all know.
But I must admit, I'm very curious too! :) Memoires of Magic looks very promising.
Thank you for the kind words; I am happy people have been patient with this project considering how long its taking!
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Hey, i do have full of patience. So i can wait like, aeons too! And finally we are hearing one of the official music, i see!

And that gun jump looks very helpful for platforming! So you can jump and repeat until you're out of ammo?
Naniyue

Post by Naniyue »

Guaranteed to be one of my favorite TCs ever!
Asenji

Post by Asenji »

Been following this for quite a while and I wanted to wish you luck on this TC. Patiently waiting for the wicked product isn't too bad for me either so do take your time and goodluck!
TheStrawberryOctopus

Here is another Mini MoM vid, this time fresh out of the oven; Skeleton Changes!

I have changed the skeletons main weapon from sword and shield to a bladed gun, which allows them to be used as projectile orientated enemies depending on the color of them. They is the Standard Skeleton, The Skeleton Gunner, and the Skeleton Slugger. This was heavily inspired by the cultists from Blood!

In this video, you can hear the Shop Music!
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Those Skeleton charge don't looks dangerous enough, but still gotta be careful. That looks ouchy enough! And my, that skeleton gunner/slugger looks very agile!

And what's next? Dynamite-throwing Skeleton? :laff: It sounds very good, tho!
TheStrawberryOctopus

Here is another Mini MoM vid, this time fresh out of the oven( Literally this time!) Fire Tome and Fire Mechanic Changes !

All Spell Tomes have a primary attack now, with all their spell casting moved to their secondary attack. What was originally one of the Mages old signature attacks is now the main attack for the fire tome; and with it, new fire mechanics to go with it!

The new fire system allows the cooking of food, the burning of certain props and a few other features. I also showed off the effects of the Holy Cross on the Food too!
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Certainly Hot, hot and Hot!
PlayerLin
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support
Location: XinZhuang, XinBei/New Taipei City(Former Taipei County), Taiwan.

Post by PlayerLin »

I wonder it those cooked/overcooked/holy blessed foods will has effects to player character...?
(I didn't see something changing in the video so I just want to ask...)
RUNSABER

Post by RUNSABER »

Extremely looking forward to playing this :] It reminds me of Wind Waker, and the mechanics that have been implemented are noteworthy!! Thank you! :mrgreen:
TheStrawberryOctopus

IMPORTANT: THE DEMO FOR THIS GAME WILL BE DROPPING ON THE 29th OF JANUARY 2018.

Note that date down on your calender!

Here is another Mini MoM vid, this time fresh out of the oven; Sorcery Changes!

The Undead mage has gone through many revisions with his signature weapon, but here is the very final version of what it will be; He utilizes Magical Orbs with elemental attributes on them which he can change on the fly. In addition to this, you get to see other effects that can be achieved with elemental attacks!

In this video you can see the Over world Area which connects all the maps together as well as the Music for the Area!
PlayerLin wrote:I wonder it those cooked/overcooked/holy blessed foods will has effects to player character...?
(I didn't see something changing in the video so I just want to ask...)
Burnt food gets your less food then uncooked food, cooked food gives your more health then uncooked food, and blessed food gives you the most health!

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”