Memoirs of Magic: Full Game is Now Avaliable!

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
TheStrawberryOctopus

Re: Memoirs of Magic

Post by TheStrawberryOctopus »

Captain J wrote:Hooh now that's very powerful spells. Seems like it's almost like invincible!
They are not, but they have quite a bit. 500HP more then the Enemy Golems, in fact!
TheStrawberryOctopus

Hello Again, and Welcome to Week 17 of the Analysis Series!

Today we will be Covering the Air Tome And All its Spells!
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Although that spell don't have any offensive manoeuvre, but i must say this is most safe and life-saving tome to have!
TheStrawberryOctopus

Hello Again, and Welcome to Week 18 of the Analysis Series!

Today we will be Covering the Dark Tome And All its Spells!

Also, this is the last of the Weapon Analysis videos. I do have one more video planned however!
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

I'm really sure that morphis spell is based on hexen's morph item! And those pigs are sure hard to hit. And about the Vampiric Spell, it would be risky to use when almost out of health for sure.

Also about the Void spell, is it affects player as well?
TheStrawberryOctopus

Captain J wrote:I'm really sure that morphis spell is based on hexen's morph item! And those pigs are sure hard to hit. And about the Vampiric Spell, it would be risky to use when almost out of health for sure.

Also about the Void spell, is it affects player as well?
The Morphis spell is HEAVILY based off the porkulator, yes; However, on the note that the pigs are hard to hit, it instantly defeats any enemy that is hit with it. so those pigs won't be an issue afterwards!

The vampire spell as you noted is risky. In situations with many enemies, it can prove to be quite useful, as using into on a low tier enemy can prove to be very disadvantages!

The Void spell does not affect players; they are immune to the effects of the spell!
TheStrawberryOctopus

Sorry for not posting in awhile, I been trying to get maps done and ready for the demo, which is quite difficult as Mapping is not really my forte. I have been feeling tempted for quite awhile to ask for assistance with mapping, since if I had some one who had experience with making maps helping me, this mod would go a lot quicker; All that is left really is the maps, and if I had a talented mapper with me, I could probably get everything done by Six Months.

The only downside to this is I would need to have some one I can trust help me, since I wouldn't want assets and content to be leaked out.

On that topic, I should note that the Demo for this mod is PRETTY much coming out super soon; All I need to do is finish one more map and have the music completed for the maps and I am working on, and then people can finally play it.

Anyway, Sorry for being quiet, I am just really struggling with the mapping side of things atm. I hope I can overcome this issue one way or another!
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by Vostyok »

TheStrawberryOctopus wrote:Sorry for not posting in awhile, I been trying to get maps done and ready for the demo, which is quite difficult as Mapping is not really my forte. I have been feeling tempted for quite awhile to ask for assistance with mapping, since if I had some one who had experience with making maps helping me, this mod would go a lot quicker; All that is left really is the maps, and if I had a talented mapper with me, I could probably get everything done by Six Months.

The only downside to this is I would need to have some one I can trust help me, since I wouldn't want assets and content to be leaked out.

On that topic, I should note that the Demo for this mod is PRETTY much coming out super soon; All I need to do is finish one more map and have the music completed for the maps and I am working on, and then people can finally play it.

Anyway, Sorry for being quiet, I am just really struggling with the mapping side of things atm. I hope I can overcome this issue one way or another!

I wouldn't agonize over it if you can help it. I am in the same boat, and just had to realize - its not my strong suit. Stop trying to make it perfect, or as good as other people's work. Focus on what I am good at, and just make fun maps that suit the gameplay.

Good to ask for help. I wish I was better, as I would love to work on this :D
TheStrawberryOctopus

Vostyok wrote:I wouldn't agonize over it if you can help it. I am in the same boat, and just had to realize - its not my strong suit. Stop trying to make it perfect, or as good as other people's work. Focus on what I am good at, and just make fun maps that suit the gameplay.

Good to ask for help. I wish I was better, as I would love to work on this :D
Thank you for a the kind words. I actually sort of found my groove with this current map I am working on, so I am not so stressed out now. It doesn't help that I try and make every map 15 minutes long (My goal for the total game play length of this game is around 6 hours). I am feeling a lot better about the situation since I feel like I can crank out the non battle maps (Villages, etc) very quickly. I cant wait to release the demo to see what people actually think about my maps!
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Like Vostyok said, no need to be perfect nor need to give many years of effort onto this project and such. Because you can find out what's wrong or what kind of things you need to improve, and gain more and more efforts later on.

Anyway looking for a help? Although i can't and don't know how to make maps, but map/gameplay testing is my best specialty! Just tell me when ready!
TheStrawberryOctopus

Captain J wrote:Like Vostyok said, no need to be perfect nor need to give many years of effort onto this project and such. Because you can find out what's wrong or what kind of things you need to improve, and gain more and more efforts later on.

Anyway looking for a help? Although i can't and don't know how to make maps, but map/gameplay testing is my best specialty! Just tell me when ready!
I am actually going to use the opportunity of when the demo releases for me to do that, which should be soon. I am feeling alot more comfortable now, however!
TheStrawberryOctopus

Just a quick Update and a little note for you all; All the areas for the demo are complete. All I am waiting for now is the Music for the areas to be done, and then I can release the demo!

That being said, sorry for the dry spell of updates. Unfortunately this will be a common thing AFTER the demo is released too, but I hope you all understand!

Anyway, here is the new Title Screen for Memoirs of Magic!
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Whoa... Really? Is it really made out of doom scripts? It looks so fluid and awesome, i haven't seen any doom mod title screens just like this one!
TheStrawberryOctopus

Hello; its been awhile since I posted, so I thought I would give you a look at the bank that will be featured in my game. I also want to give you a heads up; the demo is very close to being completed. With that being said, I have made many changes, some visual, and some mechanically, which I will explain very soon in a few videos that I will be posting before the demo release!

Every map that is featured in the demo is complete pretty much now; I just need to tidy them up, and tidy up some code and other bits and bobs, and I am done with the demo stuff!

I will see you all again soon!
PlayerLin
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support
Location: XinZhuang, XinBei/New Taipei City(Former Taipei County), Taiwan.

Post by PlayerLin »

Looks so interesting. Hope it won't take too longer. :P

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”