Memoirs of Magic: Full Game is Now Avaliable!

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
TheStrawberryOctopus

Re: Memoirs of Magic

Post by TheStrawberryOctopus »

Gez wrote:GZDoom-GPL specifically, yes.

But yeah I don't imagine anyone trying to get this clause of the original DSL binding for non-Id content. The spirit of the clause is about protecting Id's copyright on stuff such as the baron of Hell by pointing out that screenshots from Doom are still under their copyright. Extending this to non-Doom content goes quite obviously far beyond this spirit.
Thank you again for informing about this, then; I am sorry if I ask many questions in regard to this. In the future, I want to try my hand with unity or the like, and I just would like my hands not tied behind my back with what I cant and can do with any previous projects, if it makes sense. Although this does put my mind at ease!
mickio1

Post by mickio1 »

Could we get like a demo teaser by letting us play the characters in regular ol doom? pretty pleeeaase with strawberries (pun intended) on top?
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

At least we have teaser videos of it, i'd say we should wait for the demo. Patience makes perfect.
Someone64

Post by Someone64 »

That's not how it goes...

EDIT: I meant the saying. Patience makes perfect? it''s practice. Oh, NVM.
Last edited by Someone64 on Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Yes, i get the point that you want a demo with only characters playable on vanilla doom maps. But i thought waiting until the creator's comeback and then suggesting would be worth the wait(no not the weight). Just my thought.

Well, i should post less.
TheStrawberryOctopus

mickio1 wrote:Could we get like a demo teaser by letting us play the characters in regular ol doom? pretty pleeeaase with strawberries (pun intended) on top?
Someone64 wrote:That's not how it goes...
I'm sorry; I do plan on releasing a demo in the future, but not at this time. I should probably explain my plans in the mean time!

As of now, I am working on the official first trailer for this mod, which has a lot of surprises in store for in. After that, I actually plan on streaming my work on twitch, showcasing me making sprites and modeling out and programming/mapping stuff (This would be very spoiler heavy of course, and I would advise avoiding such things if you want some surprises!) I would however LOVE to stream for you guys and show you my work progress, if you would be interested in such things!

During the course of this, I will be slowly moving towards releasing a demo for the game; They will just be one demo planned for this mod, which will feature the main hub world, one of the major areas including the dungeon, and I -May- include a dungeon boss. Maybe~

Its worth noting btw, that Its been roughly exactly one year since I started this project. In December near Xmas time, it will be a year since I announced working on this!
TheStrawberryOctopus

Hey there, its been awhile Since I posted, and I thought I should tell you whats up!

I am trying to Get everything ready for the first major trailer for this project, which I plan to release around christmas time to coincide with the anniversary of this mod. pretty much everything is done, but one problem; While I have maps I can show for the trailer, I dont feel like they are up to scratch. No matter how hard I try, I cannot seem to create a map up to what I feel needs to be required for the type of mod I am creating. I have ideas for elements to the map, but have immense trouble creating the map itself. I don't know why I have so much trouble, since the style of mapping I am trying to go for is akin to Ocarina of Time/Majoras mask, which is mostly simple shapes, and yet I still struggle with it.

I have been debating for asking for help here; asking for possibly some one here who could help me create maps for this project, but the issue there is the issue of trust. I would need incredible amount of trust in some one to not share elements of this project. I feel like I am in quite the pickle and I don't know what to do. I am also not too sure how some one else would feel working on some one else project.

I just thought I should share my thoughts here; I will get a trailer out by the time I want, but the quality of the trailer will probably drop if I am not able to resolve this issue in the next couple of days. Its quite a heavy thing on my mind at this moment in time!

I am sorry for the slow updates, since I been trying to get this trailer done. Once it is done, I will be a lot more open again with sharing stuff. I just wanted this trailer to be a big surprise in terms of the content inside of it, but I am having trouble getting everything up to scratch!
Redead-ITA

Post by Redead-ITA »

TheStrawberryOctopus wrote:Hey there, its been awhile Since I posted, and I thought I should tell you whats up!

I am trying to Get everything ready for the first major trailer for this project, which I plan to release around christmas time to coincide with the anniversary of this mod. pretty much everything is done, but one problem; While I have maps I can show for the trailer, I dont feel like they are up to scratch. No matter how hard I try, I cannot seem to create a map up to what I feel needs to be required for the type of mod I am creating. I have ideas for elements to the map, but have immense trouble creating the map itself.
Try to make a trailer for a character and make a map for it
Do the trailer and make it for the other while you show more stuff with the next trailer
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Glad it's still kicking and can't wait for the trailer!

And no worries. Imperfect or not, you still can find out to add something fitting. And have you ever posted some threads at the Tutorial section? It might be helpful!
TheStrawberryOctopus

Long Time No see, Everyone; I am sorry for the lack of updates. I have been working on this project the entire time, but I probably should explain what has been going on!

The first year anniversary of me announcing my project is coming up, which is on December the 27th. Since then, I have made a lot of progress; Progress that I want to be a surprise for you all when I get around to showing it. Well, as it turns out, I plan to be releasing the first ever official trailer for this project HOPEFULLY on the 27th, or some time around then. So Next week you guys will be seeing a good chunk of my labor.

That being said, I have been redoing maps as I was not satisfied with some of the previous forest maps I did; For example, this is the revamped Misty Forest, which I feel will be a much more satisfying experience visually and game play wise. Same Inspirations as Before, Turok and Ocarina of Time here!

After I have showcased the first Official Trailer, I plan to do more constant updates. I haven’t decided yet, but I may try and do 2 updates a week and 1 update a week; I have tons of stuff to show off, Such as Weapons, Monsters and other various things I think you all will enjoy. I also plan to make more videos to showcase some of these things!

Everything after the Trailer Update will MOST LIKELY be Spoilers, so I will probably start tagging spoiler related stuff if you people did not want to see such things, so Just a Heads up!

I will hopefully see you all a weeks time from now; Until then, See ya all later!

QuakedoomNukem Cz

Post by QuakedoomNukem Cz »

The revamped Forest map looks 10x times better than the old one, this feels like a homage to Zelda done right. Every single detail just makes me trigger happy, keep it up, and please, no ,follow the sound' stuff in forest, okay?
TheStrawberryOctopus

QuakedoomNukem Cz wrote:The revamped Forest map looks 10x times better than the old one, this feels like a homage to Zelda done right. Every single detail just makes me trigger happy, keep it up, and please, no ,follow the sound' stuff in forest, okay?
They is no Follow the Sound Stuff in the Forest, Dont worry!

It will most likely be some hints here and there, or MAYBE have to crack out your notepad/pen and paper!
Josh771

Post by Josh771 »

Yeah, let's do it the Majora's Mask way: Make me follow an annoying little simian past deadly spinning tortoises covered in spikes through the forest instead, much better.

Also, this looks absolutely awesome. I was a big Legend of Zelda fan back in the day; a first-person Zelda-like setting with roleplaying mechanics (and multiplayer?) sounds like a recipe for many wasted hours, hours which I am eager already to begin wasting. Playable download when?
TheStrawberryOctopus

SidDoyle wrote:Yeah, let's do it the Majora's Mask way: Make me follow an annoying little simian past deadly spinning tortoises covered in spikes through the forest instead, much better.

Also, this looks absolutely awesome. I was a big Legend of Zelda fan back in the day; a first-person Zelda-like setting with roleplaying mechanics (and multiplayer?) sounds like a recipe for many wasted hours, hours which I am eager already to begin wasting. Playable download when?
I think the best way to sum up my project is Fantasy System Shock 2 (Albeit much faster in the shooty combat department!)

In terms of a Demo release, they is one planned, which is what I will be working towards after the trailer is Released. The Demo I have in mind will not take long to produce; I just need to complete a few more maps and It should be ready. I would say a few more months!
enderandrew

Post by enderandrew »

I absolutely love the art style and how well it is executed!

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”