Memoirs of Magic: Full Game is Now Avaliable!

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
TheStrawberryOctopus

Re: Memoirs of Magic

Post by TheStrawberryOctopus »

Captain J wrote:i hope they can have good-to-bad or royal-to-rude tendencies to each one of them! i mean not so evil or hostile, i love them all and that would be real bummer!
Most of the NPC's are at least talkable, but some have their own motives!

Also, I should also point out, that I plan to make every NPC Defeatable. That may also include have some fighting back, which would make them unique enemies in their self, as they are very little repeating NPCs minus villagers!
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

that sounds like an opportunity to make the protagonists into dark heroes, just like bethesda rpg games! and speaking of which, is killing specific NPCs will affect the endings?
TheStrawberryOctopus

Hello again for another NPC Showcase; This time I will be showing the Two powerful and rival Lords of the Night Sky Desert Area; The Hight Priestess and the Dark Lord!

Both of these characters are in a constant war amongst each other, as their settlements are shared between each other. The High Priestess and her Army of Light, and the Dark Lord and his Army of Darkness are constantly at war, with either one not getting the upper hand over one another.

The High Priestess is the biggest Clerical Authority in the World of Magic, being the most powerful Light Magic User there; She is a very zealous and cold leader however, despite what most would consider the role of a good guy. She considers any race outside of humans Sub Human, and has little to no respect to the other species of the World of Magic; especially of those of the Undead. She has a strong sense of Law and Order, and is willing sentence those who do not follow her regime.

The Dark Lord, in comparison to the High Priestess, is exceedingly charming and laid back, but still has earned the Title of Dark Lord Respectively. His Dark Citadel is full of Denziens of the Undead, He Himself being one of the Most Powerful Liches in the land; Like Zandro Doom, his Core Skeleton parts are most likely not human, and it is generally unknown what he was originally before becoming an all powerful Lich. The Dark Lord is always in a good mood, and treats his men well… If they at least serve his end goal; otherwise, he does not have much interest keeping people he deems a waste a time around!

Both of these characters are Demi Gods, and are in their league of their own compared to many of the denizens of the World of Magic; this also includes other lords!

It should be noted, NEITHER of these characters are the main villain, even with the title of Dark Lord. Both of these characters have no involvement with the current choas that is happening in the world, nor do they care, despite what may seem as a world cataclysmic event. Their only interests is combating and defeating one another!

I will see you all again soon for More NPC Showcases!
Captain J wrote:that sounds like an opportunity to make the protagonists into dark heroes, just like bethesda rpg games! and speaking of which, is killing specific NPCs will affect the endings?
Also, to add to that, its more in Line with Arx Fatalis then a Bethesda Game, because you will be able to actually defeat everyone in this!
Redead-ITA

Post by Redead-ITA »

TheStrawberryOctopus wrote:
Captain J wrote:that sounds like an opportunity to make the protagonists into dark heroes, just like bethesda rpg games! and speaking of which, is killing specific NPCs will affect the endings?
Also, to add to that, its more in Line with Arx Fatalis then a Bethesda Game, because you will be able to actually defeat everyone in this!
o boy this one is gotta be gud
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

TheStrawberryOctopus wrote:Also, to add to that, its more in Line with Arx Fatalis then a Bethesda Game, because you will be able to actually defeat everyone in this!
i see. also they looks absolutely great and grand, nice work! so, are they will give their own reward or event after choosing one of their side and defeat her or his enemy? can't wait to see that!
TheStrawberryOctopus

Hello again for another NPC Showcase; this time, I will be showing off the Alchemist Family!

Each Family Member of the Alchemists are in Charge of Upgrading your Special Weapons; each one represents one of the 6 Elements in the game, and each one has a quest linked to upgrading your gear!

The alchemists are another race of creatures akin to the world of magic; I have yet to decide the name for the race, be it dwarfs, elves, gnomes or sprites, but I will eventually. This race of creatures have no physical power, but excel immensely at anything that involves intelligence, which can range from magic to machinery. They are more relatives of this family of alchemists that are not yet shown yet, but something you will most likely encounter later!

All of these characters staffs have a staff themed after their elemental motif. The Most subtle ones probably be the Air Alchemists staff, which is a thunder cloud lighting bolt, with the bolt being the held part of the staff!

These guys were heavily inspired by the Evil Pigs from the Tomba Series with their overall design and body shapes!

See you all again soon for more NPC Showcases!
QuakedoomNukem Cz

Post by QuakedoomNukem Cz »

They look really cool, I am getting back memories of Final Fantasy and Spyro series, not only because of the desing, but the way they represent elements of Earth, and one more question or two, are the maps being worked on and when you think you'll release this game?
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

very neat design! also they kinda remind me of almost of pixie characters from other games, such as harvest sprites from harvest moon!

also alchemists, eh? i suddenly popped a name out from my head for them, it's the Formulons(Or Six Mixies).
TheStrawberryOctopus

QuakedoomNukem Cz wrote:They look really cool, I am getting back memories of Final Fantasy and Spyro series, not only because of the desing, but the way they represent elements of Earth, and one more question or two, are the maps being worked on and when you think you'll release this game?
I have not started on the maps yet, but I have started on the map textures. a Good Chunk of them are already done.

As a release date, I am not sure. It will most likely be next year!
Captain J wrote:very neat design! also they kinda remind me of almost of pixie characters from other games, such as harvest sprites from harvest moon!

also alchemists, eh? i suddenly popped a name out from my head for them, it's the Formulons(Or Six Mixies).
They are actually inspired by a mix of the Black Mages from the Final Fantasy Series, and a helper character from Wonder Boy IV for the Sega Genises; the character being called Shabo.

I am not sure that name would work either, since the race itself don't do magic; They are just intelligent in general.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

right, black mages! i literally forgot about them! i just hope you can come up with nice names, you can do it!

also, can't wait for the even more characters. many or few, doesn't matter!

EDIT: AND, did i mentioned they looks like orko as well?
Last edited by Captain J on Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kodi

Post by kodi »

The alchemists remind me of this guy!
Redead-ITA

Post by Redead-ITA »

The idea of the Alchemist Family remembers me Atelier iris 3
Because Alchemist never been heard of in that game it kinda remembers me How Are inportant those alchemist that you made
TheStrawberryOctopus

Hello Again, Sorry for the last posting, I been Enjoying Star Fox Zero!

Not much to say here compared to previous posts; these two NPCs today are Octii and Psy; Aka, Me and my Lover boy!

Our characters serve as the Curators of the Strawberry Octopus Museum, where you can bring Unspecified statues you have collected for the two boys to color in and exhibit in their museum; the statues consist of every enemy, player, npc, bosses, and generally any other characters for your viewing pleasure. Maybe something will happen if you collect them all!

The idea of the museum came from the Nintendo Gallery from Wind Waker; instead of taking pictures in this, however, you must destroy Marble Golems, which are basically square blocks of marble with eyes. They are generally hidden around the world, but you may receive statues as a reward for quests or other objectives!

See you again soon for what I wager is 2 more NPC showcases. I am pretty sure at this rate, you will see a good chunk of the NPCs this game has to offer!
Captain J wrote:right, black mages! i literally forgot about them! i just hope you can come up with nice names, you can do it!

also, can't wait for the even more characters. many or few, doesn't matter!

EDIT: AND, did i mentioned they looks like orko as well?
kodi wrote:The alchemists remind me of this guy!
Orko was also an inspiration of it. Now that I think about it too, I probably did get some ideas from that guy from Moomins, too; Its basically a big mish mash of a bunch of characters!
Redead-ITA

Post by Redead-ITA »

TheStrawberryOctopus wrote: Hello Again, Sorry for the last posting, I been Enjoying Star Fox Zero!

Not much to say here compared to previous posts; these two NPCs today are Octii and Psy; Aka, Me and my Lover boy!

Our characters serve as the Curators of the Strawberry Octopus Museum, where you can bring Unspecified statues you have collected for the two boys to color in and exhibit in their museum; the statues consist of every enemy, player, npc, bosses, and generally any other characters for your viewing pleasure. Maybe something will happen if you collect them all!

The idea of the museum came from the Nintendo Gallery from Wind Waker; instead of taking pictures in this, however, you must destroy Marble Golems, which are basically square blocks of marble with eyes. They are generally hidden around the world, but you may receive statues as a reward for quests or other objectives!.
So in order to be here and Doing this mod you asked the heroes To kill Computer golem and wifi golem heh? i wont blame ya. your lucky enough to find it so
(im sarcastic if you were askign)
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

TheStrawberryOctopus wrote:Image
A-hahahha, i know them all! i've saw them on tumblr and fancy meeting them here! :D

also, can't wait for even more characters!

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”