[EDGE] Teef's modifications (NEW MOD: Cute!);

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

[EDGE] Teef's modifications (NEW MOD: Cute!);

Postby chronoteeth » Fri Dec 25, 2015 2:17 pm

NEW MOD! CHECK IT OUT!

Been wanting to do a weapon mod like this! Its a gameplay mod that strides itself on not taking it seriously and more or less being more cute and adorable than anything, inspired by the likes of pastel goth, captain jack, tokyo ghetto pussy, and my friends art. Weird weapons with roses and stickers on them! Dumb cute pick ups! Encouraging quit messages! Wow! Big thanks to close friend ouchface/carol for the inspiration! Lub u bub <33

Credits are in the wad, DL here!

And as always, if anyone enjoys my mods, please consider leaving a tip/donating to my paypal! email donation location to donate to is chronoteeth@gmail.com !

Spoiler: screenshots!

ADDENDUM EDIT
Im putting this up here because the more I work on this, the more motivation just aint up to snuff. I need a drive. Ive been modding for years, year upon years upon years. I really, really want to get even any mod done but it ends up bein' canned. I dont want that to happen to this, especially after all the work I put. Im putting this up here because with all the sprite work, sound work, and code work i've done for others, as well as myself, I think that some financial drive might help out a lot. Im using this thread as a place for all my mods.

Its no patreon, nor am I charging for my work, but I am going to put up a donation email that you can paypal to. I do this because at this point it feels like I do gotta work rather than for joy. If anyone, ANYONE at all can help, help if possible. Shit at home, shit at work, shit at anything. Poor poor poor, disabled as in, whatever. I wanna have a drive, and knowing how it goes, I gotta live with it till I get a boost. If anyone EVER is feeling generous or wanna give a good boost, here is the paypal email:

chronoteeth@gmail.com

BTW, I think ill at the least do simple extras for the donators, like getting named after guns or other somesuch. Anything helps. I know people may think this as scummy to ask for donations to help, but sometimes when you've been in the game this long (literally 11 years modding now) it gets heavy y'know.

Lets give it one more go, just once more.

suab 2 is gonna be a huge taking for me to do, the only thing i really have much to show are some preliminary weapon sprite work, but i thought i'd get at least the thread rolling. for the majority of it, its gonna be streamlined and yet harder!

1: UPDATED AMMO SYSTEM
ill be honest w/ you, the system i had was more hassle than efficient. too many ammo types i thought would create a lot of tension, but it ended up bein more of a hassle to browse through all the guns to find what one has ammo for it. SO, back to 4 ammos, but with having 4 ammos, the random ammo drop system of the first is gonna be more randomized with just how much you can get

2: BIGGER WEAPON VARIETY
in 1 its weapon set was honestly tied to the use of RE sprites! I do love how the hyper detailed/photo realistic approach to the pick up sprites, but the RE stuff was limited to more realistic things! cue finding out that the older fallouts used the same methods! using them as a base for some crazier and weirder weapons

3: EFFICIENT WEAPONS AND MOVEMENT
honestly i love the stinted slower weapon feel of the guns, but at times it felt almost too slow? like having to switch between wasnt as smooth or as decent as it could be, so expect much smoother and more refined weapons. that and a better melee alt fire for once. the kick barely worked, and it felt too slow, even with higher jumping to compensate. running is back to normal speed

4: HARDER ENEMIES
to balance it out im also going to use the ammo system for the enemies as well! expect to maybe get certain harder enemies to rarely spawn where easier enemies are, and vice versa! nothing too much though, it'll be properly paced and spaced without having the big issue of being unbalanced

5: A PERSISTENT CREATURE
on a very rare occasion, very rare, like 5% chance, when the enemy dies, a monstrosity will come out. very, very very slow, but constantly following. all other enemies on the map will die and it'll be the only one there. if it touches you, you die instantly. every hit it takes itll teleport randomly to another part of the map, and if it loses sight after awhile itll teleport near you and start stalking you. it can be killed and the reward is great but its so tanky and hellish that it's better to run away, with an atmospheric change if at all possible. this is still iffy but i think i got enough coding snazz to make it roll

i dont really have much to show except preliminary sprite work as this shit will be a long time coming to be made, but honestly at least im gonna be more active showing work unlike my past stuff so i mean hey fuck it man

if anything were to happen to me on the project the work that has been done will go to ispook because of his good zdoom suab conversion

merr chrimbuss
Last edited by chronoteeth on Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:28 pm, edited 9 times in total.
chronoteeth
abubub

Re: [EDGE] Shut up and Bleed 2

Postby Coraline » Fri Dec 25, 2015 2:19 pm

Pretty cool stuff! Can't wait to see more :D
Coraline
EDGE Developer

Discord: Corbachu#5631
Github ID: Corbachu
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: Yes (Using Development/Testing Version)

Postby chronoteeth » Fri Dec 25, 2015 2:21 pm

Coraline wrote:Pretty cool stuff! Can't wait to see more :D

i may need to ask for help down the line if thats ok! code wise, i just need some tips with rts! and i know you're busy but you're also one of the only other active users for EDGE!
chronoteeth
abubub

Postby Coraline » Fri Dec 25, 2015 2:49 pm

No problem! I've been also implementing requests in 3DGE based on what modders want (for instance, partial reloading or a TERRAIN DDF, which I've been working on). And I'll help with whatever you need, as time permits.
Coraline
EDGE Developer

Discord: Corbachu#5631
Github ID: Corbachu
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: Yes (Using Development/Testing Version)

Postby wildweasel » Fri Dec 25, 2015 3:04 pm

The stalking monster sounds amazing, if you can pull that off without glitches, I think I'll be quite impressed.
wildweasel
from a different perspective.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby chronoteeth » Fri Dec 25, 2015 3:37 pm

Coraline wrote:No problem! I've been also implementing requests in 3DGE based on what modders want (for instance, partial reloading or a TERRAIN DDF, which I've been working on). And I'll help with whatever you need, as time permits.

proper partials would be a god send, because atm the partial system doesnt really allow for fluid reload-but-mag-not-empty reloading. as its a gameplay mod new things focusing on enemies and weapons are all i ask for! *likecoughproperhomingweaponabilitywithouthavingtoturnontheautoaimtogetittoworkcough*
chronoteeth
abubub

Postby iSpook » Fri Dec 25, 2015 7:08 pm

Oh. Oh my.
iSpook
What is this, I don't even.

Postby -Ghost- » Fri Dec 25, 2015 7:47 pm

Awesome! I'm glad you picked this back up to keep working on it! The idea of a stalker enemy roaming levels sounds great, hopefully it works out. Simplifying the ammo system is a good call; I'd rather have less ammo types but have ammo more rare. Same for harder enemies, sounds good. Maybe some scarier audio for them as well? I haven't seen many mods really up the creepy factor with good ambient monster/environment noises.
-Ghost-

Postby Captain J » Fri Dec 25, 2015 8:18 pm

Radically rad. Can't wait to play it!
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby Ribo Zurai » Fri Dec 25, 2015 10:00 pm

Oh neat. not wanting to sound douchey, but can we expect a ZDoom version later on?
Ribo Zurai

Postby RUNSABER » Fri Dec 25, 2015 10:08 pm

My man teeth, cooking up another EDGE modded fun-bag :D What I loved about the first one was that it had that Resident Evil feel. Survive to the end of the level, can you do it? That feeling brought about more tension, and the difficulty matched the tone of the mod. RTS triggered by DDF references can allow you to call certain states otherwise not coded in DDF!
RUNSABER
Battlehammer God

Postby chronoteeth » Sat Dec 26, 2015 1:41 am

Ribo Zurai wrote:Oh neat. not wanting to sound douchey, but can we expect a ZDoom version later on?

cant code for zdoom, cant get decorate at all
chronoteeth
abubub

Postby Johnyledger1 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 2:29 am

Oh my gosh it is Christmas. sweeeeeet. I liked the first mod. You then addressed the very things that were kind of stressfull for me when playing it. THEN you are going to make it for 3dge. Oh my indeed. :shock:
Johnyledger1

Postby RUNSABER » Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:21 am

Asking Teeth to port a EDGE mod to ZDoom is rather taxing and selfish to ask. You would be better off doing it yourself if you have the know-how of ACS. Just enjoy it for the port it was intended to be played for, or wait for iSpook to follow suit. Your expectations will surely leave you disappointed again and again if you think we build mods just to be told they arent satisfying enough for their native ports and need to be "ZDoomified". Porting mods.. Would you like to port Knee Deep in ZDoom for EDGE then?
RUNSABER
Battlehammer God

Postby TheMightyHeracross » Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:41 am

We need to add "Don't ask for EDGE modders to port their mods to ZDoom" to the forum rules list. This has been in every single EDGE mod thread.
TheMightyHeracross
...and remember: his silence is golden.

Discord: TheMightyHeracross#1716
Operating System: Debian-like Linux (Debian, Ubuntu, Mint, etc) 64-bit

Next

Return to Gameplay Mods