[slow WIP] Shadows of Apocalypse - BETA public DEMO

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: [slow WIP] Shadows of Apocalypse - BETA public DEMO

Postby BoJustBo » Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:17 pm

Ah you're correct. Since I've never played a Strife mod before I hadn't even noticed that GZDOOM wasn't finding the strife wad. Thanks for the help.

The mod looks fantastic, I've never played a "doom" mod with so much voxel art before. The world feels quite cohesive despite using assets from so many places. The only thing that felt a little odd was stores with plenty of stuff on the shelves and working computers in bombed out buildings.
I will say though that it is quite easy, unless you are up against multiple shotgunners with only melee you never feel in danger (I've not played for that long so maybe that changes later, but I did play on survival difficulty.) The starting weapon is more than enough to take care of everything and if you just look around in the starting town you'll have plenty of ammo.
Another thing that bugged me a bit is enemies that drop multiple credit sticks. Since you have to be very precise to pick up objects you get to hear about 10-15 "Nope" while trying to pick them all up from the ground.
BoJustBo

Previous

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects