* Versions: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ulachff6zorv ... lBIGa?dl=0 (remember to choose the latest version and suitable for your port)
REQUIRED PORT: GZDoom 2.1.1 or Zandronum 3.0 or ZDoom 2.8.1
If you've never heard of it — here's a list of features and a trailer.
Older 6.1 trailer
FEATURES: (for those who've never heard of it)
Beautiful Doom is a GZDoom mod that remakes all objects and monsters in the game to look more impressive, cool, bloody, you name it, but it RETAINS 100% ORIGINAL GAMEPLAY.
It works with ZDoom too, however objects that use additive translucency may cause some noticeable lag. I recommend playing under this port with turned off debris and fire effects (buttons I and O by default; check controls in game).
* Smoothly-animated weapons with smoke, empty casings, new sounds and stuff that have Doom's original performance
* A set of rebalanced weapons called 'Enhanced Guns': they have alternative attacks and provide more tactical variety
* HD weapon pickup sprites and hi-res main item sprites
* New deaths, animated blood, lots of special effects for monsters
* Physically accurate gibs, unique for every 'gibbable' enemy
* Interactive decorations: breakable lamps, killable impaled victims, etc.
* Light effects, halos, fire, smoke, whatever there is
* Footsteps, smooth water, and lots of other stuff
The mod is a PK3-file that consists of 5 separate wads:
BDoom_MAIN.wad that includes all basic actors and sprites and needs to be ALWAYS used
BDoom_Weapons.wad that includes weapon effects and sounds
BDoom_Monsters.wad that includes monsters, gibs, blood effects, etc.
BDoom_Decorations.wad that includes all decorative objects and also flat sounds and footstep sounds and script
BDoom_HDsprites.wad that includes HD pickup sprites for items and weapons; this one is fully standalone and can be used with vanilla Doom without the mod
Any of the wads can be used separately, but to use weapons, or monsters, or decorations separately you also need to load BDoom_MAIN.wad.
PLEASE REPORT ANY BUGS YOU FIND!
VERSION 126.96.36.199 || January 24, 2017
-- Reduced Imp's fireball size and length of its fire tail, because it seemeed a little too over the top
-- Added new and unique deploy sounds for pistol, shotgun and SSG (as before, heard only when using Enhanced Guns)
-- Brought back the liquid splashes that I accidentally deleted in the previous update
-- Explosives barrels now explode after a 15-tic delay, like in vanilla (thanks Someone64)
-- Picked-up weapons now give the correct amount of ammo (I was able to track down the issue that was causing ammo errors, thanks Someone64)
-- Destructible decorations (lamps, victims, hanging bodies) can no longer be pushed by kicks or Enhanced Shotgun's alt. attack
-- Added new smoother sprite flames for torches, candles and candelabras
-- Candles and candelabras now have a different flame from torches
-- Replaced light halos with smoother ones (with less obvious edges)
- Arachnotron's plasmaballs now has a yellowish-green hue instead of pure green. It's more similar to vanilla and also harder to confuse with Baron's fireballs.
-- Plasmaballs now have shorter trail and smaller halo so they don't obstruct vision too much
-- Small generic pieces of meat now spawn smaller blood while limbs spawn bigger blood
-- Objects falling on hard surfaces (like guns dropped by enemies) no longer produce unnecessary hard terrain sounds (they still produce liquid splashes)
-- Added special death animations for monsters when they're telefragged or killed via console. Previously they just spawned lots of gibs without any momentum which then fell down; now they show basic gibbing animation and spawn blood spurts, which looks better and doesn't cause that much slowdowns when using 'kill monstes'.
-- Adjusted light halos and light sources code so that it consumes less memory
-- Plasma Railgun's ray is now surrounded with blue halo only for a limited part of its length, so that it consumes less memory when firing over very long distances
-- Similarly to blood pools change in previous update, reduced the frequency of checks for the state of Gibs Toggle option which should reduce slowdowns cause by multiple gibs on older systems
NEW FEATURES IN 6.0 (for those familiar with previous versions)
* It's inside a pk3. You can play it as a whole or tear it up and take out the things you like. But make sure YOU ALWAYS USE BDOOM_MAIN.WAD.
* The mod is split into 6 wads:
BDOOM_MAIN.WAD - always needed!
BDoom_weapons.wad - weapons and their effects and also player's new deaths
BDoom_monsters.wad - monsters, gibbing. blood
BDoom_objects.wad - decorations, flat sounds, footsteps
BDoom_HDsprites.wad - HD and hi-res pickup sprites for items and guns
(HD sprites is the only standalone wad that can be used even with original Doom)
* All weapons have been carefully rebalanced to act fully original. Except if you decide to use Enhanced Guns player class which will give you rebalanced weapons.
* Monsters also have fully vanilla behavior. For example Arch-Vile now can resurrect gibbed monsters, and Spider-Mastermind shots at proper speed (although visually it shoots at higher speed, but that's just a purely visual effect).
* Most sprites have been redrawn. There are more variations and they look much better. There are
* Gibs have much improved and optimized physics and better sprites and effects.
* LOTS of new deaths. Including Decapitation death (when you deal more damage than needed for regular death but not enough to gib the monster), lots of regular deaths plus a CHAINSAW DEATH for all zombies.
* New footsteps code by The Zombie Killer.
* HD weapon pickup sprites and hi-res main item sprites.
* Lots of code optimization and bug fixes.