GDCC Project Template

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!

GDCC Project Template

Postby Nash » Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:49 pm

27 July 2016 update:

This template does not work with the latest versions of gdcc anymore. Because I am not using C for my project, I don't really care about this template anymore... therefore this will never be updated. Only keeping this post up here for historical purposes.

Spoiler:
Last edited by Nash on Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
Nash
Twitter/Facebook/Youtube: nashmuhandes

Twitch ID: nashmuhandes
Github ID: nashmuhandes

Re: GDCC Project Template

Postby Blue Shadow » Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:15 am

Nash wrote:I know there are a lot of people who are curious but have no clue how to even begin

Yup. I'm one of those. Thanks for this! That's one thing out of the way. Now to tackle the other... learning how to actually code for this. :lol:
Blue Shadow

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Postby Nash » Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:22 am

I might put up an example GDCC project in future that will showcase the differences between ACC and GDCC. For the most part, it's the same as using ACC, but there are some fundamental differences that (IMO) is kind of confusing, especially for someone who's not used to the C language.

GDCC really is the superior option if you're doing complicated. large scale projects, unfortunately I won't be using it because my project just would not work correctly when I attempted to port it... the only way is to rewrite ALL of my code from scratch which I totally do not have the time for. A shame because the improvements that GDCC allows would have been a really powerful asset to use. :/
Nash
Twitter/Facebook/Youtube: nashmuhandes

Twitch ID: nashmuhandes
Github ID: nashmuhandes

Postby Nero » Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:15 am

Somehow I guess I'm person number 2. Let's see if coding it this way works :)

Edit:

Wait, where to do I put my scripts? (In this case .C files?) I keep getting a "File not found" error.
Note that I've had way more than the programmer's recommended beeer limit tonight, so maybe I'll figure it out tomorrow, but help a guy out here :P

This topic is where I've moved my questions regarding GDCC.
Nero
Royal Boredom....Why can't I do this in Windows?

Return to Resources