[Steam page available] The Forestale [platformer]

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Alekv

Re: [2D Game]Adventures By Alekv

Post by Alekv »

kodi wrote:Figured it may be a timesaver to start out with the collision floors in gzdb,export the map to a 3d model, and make the md3's with that as a base. I'm really just interested in the workflow of using 3d models for map architecture because I'll be doing it myself soon enough :P
No, export OBJ in this case, a waste of time, because 3d model should be adjusted to the floor, and not vice versa, and a 3D model of the floor does not seem so long, it is broken into small pieces, in fact I level collected as a puzzle, but it is very convenient. And you, too, are planning to do 2D game? For 3D alas this is not appropriate because 3D models of large size are lost when the player is not looking at the thing, just for the 3D handy export import OBJ. If interested you can look this topic http://i.iddqd.ru/viewtopic.php?t=7750 only need to be translated via Google Translator.
DOOMERO-21 wrote:very nice
Thanks
Ozymandias81
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Alekv wrote: Videos:
Spoiler:
:shock: WOW, AMAZING! :shock:
cambertian

Post by cambertian »

I really enjoy what you've shown off - the 3D reminds me of the PS1 classic Tomba (despite the two having completely different gameplay.)

Something tells me that this could benefit from some new graphics, though. Would you be interested in some fresh player sprites?
Alekv

Post by Alekv »

cambertian wrote:I really enjoy what you've shown off - the 3D reminds me of the PS1 classic Tomba (despite the two having completely different gameplay.)
ps1 games still somehow beautiful, companies working there, the artists are professionals, and I'm just an amateur.
cambertian wrote:Something tells me that this could benefit from some new graphics, though. Would you be interested in some fresh player sprites?
Yes, it will certainly benefit, but main character's sprites should be with license that allows to use it in commercial use.. it's just that I have a crazy idea to make a commercial project on GLOOME engine, or a free project instead of commercial, but then - I'd like to get a "thank you" benefit from players..
Alekv

Re: [2D Game]Adventures of Alex ~ Strife kingdom [By Alekv]

Post by Alekv »

Add new video..
The game now has 2 modes
1 Adventures
2 Puzzle \ quests
The video shows the quest mode in which it is necessary to collect a minimum of 50 carrots to successfully complete the level .
TheBadHustlex

Post by TheBadHustlex »

This is something I've definitly never seen in Doom. Keep it up.
Captain Ventris

Post by Captain Ventris »

This is a really neat thing, coming along well. Doesn't look wonky like a lot of 2D side-scroller projects. Definitely like to see more things of this ilk!
DOOMERO-21

Post by DOOMERO-21 »

awesome
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

OH GOD!
Ravick

Post by Ravick »

Amazing! :o
Alekv

Post by Alekv »

Thank you very much for your kind words = )
I posted a page on the site http://www.moddb.com
I added a link to the main post , and now anyone can conveniently follow the news and modDB
I will try to publish the latest news more often)
TypeSaucy

Post by TypeSaucy »

Dude, this mod's given me nostalgia. It reminds me of Gex.
Keep up the work, man.
Nash

Post by Nash »

Good news! GZDoom has officially implemented model precaching, it is done by adding actor classes you wish the engine to precache into your MAPINFO (see this page and look for the PrecacheClasses keyword).

Naturally, this feature will also be available in the next GZDoom-GPL update too. ;)
Alekv

Post by Alekv »

Very very sorry, I question duplicates
Tell me please , can I use this version GLOOME for commercial purposes ? Compile your version does not work and does not want to understand .
http://greyserv.net/marrub/gloome_beta_build.html
I would like to take only the engine and comes with its own game .
It is also interesting in this version i can use music in MP3 format, or some other ?
So what about the game! I talked to the publisher, he agreed to publish my game in steam. The game is almost complete, it remains to construct the levels (I just Professional level designer, this remains the most fun =)) and to improve the game interface UI.
But here's the problem with the compilation engine haunts me = (Please tell me if I could use the already compiled version for commercial purposes?

The game was created about a year .. main goal was to get in a retro style, ever the good old games that are stored in our hearts =) It was hard to do it alone, but it is not far off completed yet and want to try to sell to the steam, as well I wonder who he thinks about the price?) For me it is priceless, even if not perfect .. I find it difficult to define = (

Nash wrote:Good news! GZDoom has officially implemented model precaching, it is done by adding actor classes you wish the engine to precache into your MAPINFO (see this page and look for the PrecacheClasses keyword).

Naturally, this feature will also be available in the next GZDoom-GPL update too. ;)
Thank you very much, yet we need to understand whether it is possible to use GLOOME =)
Alekv

Post by Alekv »

update first post! =) Add new screens.
Now this game for GZDoom-GPL.
The planned release date of the end of August \ mid-September

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”