Strange Aeons v5.7

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Strange Aeons v5.4.1

Postby ImpieTwo » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:59 pm

5.4.1 update: made the impaler stronger so it's a really useful bonus weapon instead of a mostly useless one. Also threw together a "guns n' monsters" wad so you can use the Strange Aeons monsters and guns in other mapsets. Includes a new gun: the super shotgun from Voyager, dropped by the Leng Chieftains.

ImpieTwo
Banned User

Postby Hipnotic Rogue » Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:18 am

Glad to see the weapons/monsters standalone mod. I love SA and being able to carry some of its atmosphere into other mapsets is a boon. Thank you. :)
Hipnotic Rogue

Postby JohnnyTheWolf » Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:12 am

Kickass! But could you not have included the music as well? Also, I am not a fan of there being a powerful weapon that is both ranged and have unlimited ammunition.

Anyway, I just noticed I was still using an older release of Strange Aeons, with seperate files loaded separately instead of being all regrouped into one pk3 file. :P

Time for another fresh start, I guess!

EDIT #1: Out of curiosity, who did the custom stat bar? I am asking, because if it is wrong another mapset, there might be a widescreen version of it.

EDIT #2: Found an issue with the Guns and Monsters addon. While under the effect of the Hulksphere, you can found yourself unable to move through certain areas, e.g. the staircase in E1M2 past the red door.
JohnnyTheWolf

Postby Rachael » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:22 am

I really rather like the music, why would you not want it included? :(

Don't ask authors to do things that hurt the look and feel of the mod just for the sake of your own convenience.
Rachael
Admin

Discord: Rachael#3767
Twitch ID: madamerachelle
Github ID: madame-rachelle
Operating System: Debian-like Linux (Debian, Ubuntu, Mint, etc) 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby JohnnyTheWolf » Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:40 pm

Huh, you must have misread me. I do want the music included. Why would I ask the author not to when it is already not the case?
JohnnyTheWolf

Postby Rachael » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:29 am

Oh - well, in that case -

It appears there are multiple links to the project. One of them is a "guns and monsters only" version and another is the full version (above it) - it's not too obvious which is which because it is more or less disguised as a header above the previously mentioned link.
Rachael
Admin

Postby ImpieTwo » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:12 am

Yeah, the add-on doesn't include the music, so I dunno what you were using. Aheheh.

I rearranged the download page so it's clearer there are two downloads. I think.
ImpieTwo
Banned User

Postby Rachael » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:26 am

I think what would make it more obvious is if the word "Download" is anywhere on that line. It still looks somewhat like a section header - granted, now that I know your formatting style so I know to expect exactly what's there, so it's obvious to me - but I am trying to think in the perspective of someone else and that might not be too clear. :)
Rachael
Admin

Postby Dr. Crowley » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:30 am

Nice to see that you keep updating the mod. Also standalone version is a really good news. But I have a question: is this version compatible with Zandronum multiplayer?
Dr. Crowley

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Postby JohnnyTheWolf » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:56 am

Well, since you do not want to include Strange Aeons music to the Guns & Monsters addon, I guess I will have to do it myself. :?
JohnnyTheWolf

Postby ImpieTwo » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:43 pm

Dr. Crowley wrote:Nice to see that you keep updating the mod. Also standalone version is a really good news. But I have a question: is this version compatible with Zandronum multiplayer?

No idea. I never tested any of my mods for Zandronum.

JohnnyTheWolf wrote:Well, since you do not want to include Strange Aeons music to the Guns & Monsters addon, I guess I will have to do it myself. :?

I would if it wouldn't bloat the mod considerably, unless there's a way to have the music replace the stock doom and doom 2 music without renaming the music tracks and including them twice.
ImpieTwo
Banned User

Postby JohnnyTheWolf » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:53 pm

Fair enough.

Anyway, I found a small issue in E1M8 Deathedral: if you enter the timed secret area with the Berserk pack but do not leave fast enough, you end up getting stuck in there, as there does not seem to be a way to open the secret door from inside.
JohnnyTheWolf

Postby ImpieTwo » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:31 am

JohnnyTheWolf wrote:Anyway, I found a small issue in E1M8 Deathedral: if you enter the timed secret area with the Berserk pack but do not leave fast enough, you end up getting stuck in there, as there does not seem to be a way to open the secret door from inside.

Do you have an older version? I was damn sure that was fixed over a year ago, but now I'm wondering if I missed it after all...
ImpieTwo
Banned User

Postby JohnnyTheWolf » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:51 am

I have the latest available version, yes.

The weird thing is, I seem to be able to open it from inside only once. If I do not leave the secret area and I let the door close again, I get stuck.
JohnnyTheWolf

Postby Ed the Bat » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:11 pm

ImpieTwo wrote:...unless there's a way to have the music replace the stock doom and doom 2 music without renaming the music tracks and including them twice.

There is. The $musicalias command in SNDINFO will let you map one music lump to any number of names. For example, if you want one track to replace Doom II's music for MAP01 and MAP15 (which sound the same):
Code: Select allExpand view
$musicalias D_RUNNIN MYSONG
$musicalias D_RUNNI2 MYSONG
...where MYSONG is the name of your music lump.
Ed the Bat
I'm tired. I want to go home.

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit

PreviousNext

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects