Strange Aeons v5.7

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Strange Aeons v5.7

Postby twinkieman93 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:42 am

Rachael wrote:I believe Impie intentionally designed it so that it's IWAD-agnostic, i.e. you can use any Doom-related IWAD with it as long as it has at least the Doom 1 monsters included in it and all of the textures which Doom 1 and Doom 2 have in common. So you could run it with TNT.wad for example. Not 100% sure about Freedoom.

The only unreplaced sprites in the entirety of the mod I can think of is the single shotty and maybe some decorations here and there. It might look a little different but it wouldn't induce any weird graphical glitches I would think.
twinkieman93
The Bullfighter

Postby ImpieTwo » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:37 am

I'm pretty sure it doesn't make a difference which you use. The last update I made was to make sure the ending screens worked properly when run with Doom 2.
ImpieTwo
Banned User

Postby EddieMann » Tue May 15, 2018 3:09 pm

twinkieman93 wrote:
Rachael wrote:I believe Impie intentionally designed it so that it's IWAD-agnostic, i.e. you can use any Doom-related IWAD with it as long as it has at least the Doom 1 monsters included in it and all of the textures which Doom 1 and Doom 2 have in common. So you could run it with TNT.wad for example. Not 100% sure about Freedoom.

The only unreplaced sprites in the entirety of the mod I can think of is the single shotty and maybe some decorations here and there. It might look a little different but it wouldn't induce any weird graphical glitches I would think.

Don't forget the rocket launcher.
EddieMann

Postby ImpieTwo » Wed May 16, 2018 10:48 pm

twinkieman93 wrote:The only unreplaced sprites in the entirety of the mod I can think of is the single shotty and maybe some decorations here and there. It might look a little different but it wouldn't induce any weird graphical glitches I would think.

BFG and fist as well.
ImpieTwo
Banned User

Postby twinkieman93 » Fri May 25, 2018 4:22 am

Right. Somehow forgot about all that. Derp.

While I'm here, I'd like to ask if it's okay if I clean up the monsters/weapons only addon so that it only has one decorate/sndinfo/whatever lump and post it here?

Reason being, I was trying to host a Z& server with it through All Fear The Sentinel's service but apparently hosting servers on a Linux machine with mods that have duplicate lump names causes errors to occur when people try to connect. At least that's the explanation I was given.
twinkieman93
The Bullfighter

Postby Zaratul » Fri May 25, 2018 7:11 am

Mod i propably finished but i always wanted new shotgun replacement(mechanically and visualy),vanilla shotty feels out of place in this mod.
Zaratul

Postby camper » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:05 pm

I was reminded of "Chazm the Rift".
Very good mod.
camper

Postby ImpieTwo » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:21 am

twinkieman93 wrote:Right. Somehow forgot about all that. Derp.

While I'm here, I'd like to ask if it's okay if I clean up the monsters/weapons only addon so that it only has one decorate/sndinfo/whatever lump and post it here?

Reason being, I was trying to host a Z& server with it through All Fear The Sentinel's service but apparently hosting servers on a Linux machine with mods that have duplicate lump names causes errors to occur when people try to connect. At least that's the explanation I was given.

That's fine with me, if the current version causes errors on other systems. Go for it.
ImpieTwo
Banned User

Postby Rex705 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:56 am

Download is for V5.5 not 5.7 :(
Rex705

Discord: Rex705
Twitch ID: Rex705

Postby StroggVorbis » Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:38 am

Rex705 wrote:Download is for V5.5 not 5.7 :(

Here you go, Impie's own website https://mikestoybox.net/doom-maps/ :)
StroggVorbis
Donut eat me pls!

Discord: StroggVorbis#2466
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby ImpieTwo » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:46 am

Rex705 wrote:Download is for V5.5 not 5.7 :(

Where are you getting that download link? The OP links to the download page with the most recent version.

EDIT: Oh, I see what it is. The txt file wasn't updated I guess. The file itself should be up to date though.
ImpieTwo
Banned User

Postby Juste_ssgunner » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:56 am

I'm sorry my English is bad I use a translator :oops:
hey hey this wad is very good its atmosphere, weapons, enemies, setting, gameplay, design, levels is incredible I had always wanted a wad based on lovecraft and I see that you based that idea very well in your wad I would like more gore :D
hey man this work on zdoom 2.8.4t and zandronum 3.0????
Juste_ssgunner
im ready to fight whit imps.....

Postby Rex705 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:43 am

Ok well, I notice two errors when playing.

And at the start of every level it says Null invalid ACS module
Rex705

Discord: Rex705
Twitch ID: Rex705

Postby StroggVorbis » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:40 am

Rex705 wrote:Ok well, I notice two errors when playing.

And at the start of every level it says Null invalid ACS module

The short answer is that they're completely harmless and can be safely ignored.
StroggVorbis
Donut eat me pls!

Discord: StroggVorbis#2466
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby SiFi270 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:24 am

This is honestly a small thing, but I think it might be worth adding a keyconf entry to both the main TC and the gameplay mod so that if vsmooth is loaded before either one you'll still have a functionally identical TravelerPlayer but the weapons leftover from Doom will have smooth animations. You can try it for yourself and see what I mean if you download the below file and then add it to the end of the load order mentioned above.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SiFi270

PreviousNext

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects