Strange Aeons v5.7

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
twinkieman93

Re: Strange Aeons v5.7

Post by twinkieman93 »

Rachael wrote:I believe Impie intentionally designed it so that it's IWAD-agnostic, i.e. you can use any Doom-related IWAD with it as long as it has at least the Doom 1 monsters included in it and all of the textures which Doom 1 and Doom 2 have in common. So you could run it with TNT.wad for example. Not 100% sure about Freedoom.
The only unreplaced sprites in the entirety of the mod I can think of is the single shotty and maybe some decorations here and there. It might look a little different but it wouldn't induce any weird graphical glitches I would think.
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

I'm pretty sure it doesn't make a difference which you use. The last update I made was to make sure the ending screens worked properly when run with Doom 2.
EddieMann

Post by EddieMann »

twinkieman93 wrote:
Rachael wrote:I believe Impie intentionally designed it so that it's IWAD-agnostic, i.e. you can use any Doom-related IWAD with it as long as it has at least the Doom 1 monsters included in it and all of the textures which Doom 1 and Doom 2 have in common. So you could run it with TNT.wad for example. Not 100% sure about Freedoom.
The only unreplaced sprites in the entirety of the mod I can think of is the single shotty and maybe some decorations here and there. It might look a little different but it wouldn't induce any weird graphical glitches I would think.
Don't forget the rocket launcher.
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

twinkieman93 wrote: The only unreplaced sprites in the entirety of the mod I can think of is the single shotty and maybe some decorations here and there. It might look a little different but it wouldn't induce any weird graphical glitches I would think.
BFG and fist as well.
twinkieman93

Post by twinkieman93 »

Right. Somehow forgot about all that. Derp.

While I'm here, I'd like to ask if it's okay if I clean up the monsters/weapons only addon so that it only has one decorate/sndinfo/whatever lump and post it here?

Reason being, I was trying to host a Z& server with it through All Fear The Sentinel's service but apparently hosting servers on a Linux machine with mods that have duplicate lump names causes errors to occur when people try to connect. At least that's the explanation I was given.
Zaratul

Post by Zaratul »

Mod i propably finished but i always wanted new shotgun replacement(mechanically and visualy),vanilla shotty feels out of place in this mod.
camper

Post by camper »

I was reminded of "Chazm the Rift".
Very good mod.
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

twinkieman93 wrote:Right. Somehow forgot about all that. Derp.

While I'm here, I'd like to ask if it's okay if I clean up the monsters/weapons only addon so that it only has one decorate/sndinfo/whatever lump and post it here?

Reason being, I was trying to host a Z& server with it through All Fear The Sentinel's service but apparently hosting servers on a Linux machine with mods that have duplicate lump names causes errors to occur when people try to connect. At least that's the explanation I was given.
That's fine with me, if the current version causes errors on other systems. Go for it.
Rex705

Post by Rex705 »

Download is for V5.5 not 5.7 :(
StroggVorbis
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by StroggVorbis »

Rex705 wrote:Download is for V5.5 not 5.7 :(
Here you go, Impie's own website https://mikestoybox.net/doom-maps/ :)
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

Rex705 wrote:Download is for V5.5 not 5.7 :(
Where are you getting that download link? The OP links to the download page with the most recent version.

EDIT: Oh, I see what it is. The txt file wasn't updated I guess. The file itself should be up to date though.
Juste_ssgunner

Post by Juste_ssgunner »

I'm sorry my English is bad I use a translator :oops:
hey hey this wad is very good its atmosphere, weapons, enemies, setting, gameplay, design, levels is incredible I had always wanted a wad based on lovecraft and I see that you based that idea very well in your wad I would like more gore :D
hey man this work on zdoom 2.8.4t and zandronum 3.0????
Rex705

Post by Rex705 »

Ok well, I notice two errors when playing.

And at the start of every level it says Null invalid ACS module
StroggVorbis
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by StroggVorbis »

Rex705 wrote:Ok well, I notice two errors when playing.

And at the start of every level it says Null invalid ACS module
The short answer is that they're completely harmless and can be safely ignored.
SiFi270

Post by SiFi270 »

This is honestly a small thing, but I think it might be worth adding a keyconf entry to both the main TC and the gameplay mod so that if vsmooth is loaded before either one you'll still have a functionally identical TravelerPlayer but the weapons leftover from Doom will have smooth animations. You can try it for yourself and see what I mean if you download the below file and then add it to the end of the load order mentioned above.
Attachments
aeonskeyconf.wad
(77 Bytes) Downloaded 68 times

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”