SplatDoom: Horrible Alpha Edition

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

SplatDoom: Horrible Alpha Edition

Postby VriskaSerket » Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:22 pm

...So I tried to make a mod without actually having knowledge on how to do so.
I can, however, justify how extra crappy it is, if you allow me to explain myself with this fancy story:

A lightning strike left me without internet for a bit over a week. So, the incredible boredom, terrible weather and floods made me stay at home. I then had a brilliant idea, and though "Hey! Let's put squids in a serious game." and started making a Splatoon mod for Doom because my life needed squid fights reasons. I had made some first person views of several weapons just for giggles in Garry's Mod (as at the time there were no models avaible for XNALara, which I use the most and greatly prefer over GMod). Of course, I used that. Naturally, that means that the guns' animations are actually just the same single frame moved around in a terribly sloppy manner to simulate something actually happening. Why didn't I make more frames? Because I didn't have internet, and I have Garry's Mod as a shared game, so I can't play it without 'net since I technically don't own the game. I had also a limited supply of assets, mostly I had made on my own with GMod, but without the 'net I couldn't get more. I did have a few songs though, luckily. Of course, without internet I couldn't read guides, ask for info or read the wiki to have a slight clue on how to do something actually useful, but I had fun making this, and that's that.

So!
I hereby present you the most sloppy mod ever: A Splatoon themed mod that's nothing but a main menu change, a few weapons terribly "animated" which replace the existing Doom weapons' sprites, a few songs and absolutely nothing more because I didn't have enough to work with and no access to info on how to git gud.
Spoiler:

I even made a logo! It is truly a work of art:

Spoiler:

I took some screenshots so you can fondly regard horror:
Spoiler:

And here is the largely relevant list of weapon replacements, in case you actually care:

Spoiler:

I can now make better sprites with actual animations, but I kind of deeply regret using arms. I think I'll update it to be armless, to have a Goldeneye-like feel, which I am personally deeply fond of. That, a few sound changes, maybe a few more songs, but that's about as far as my knowledge takes me for now. So, if anyone actually cares about the thing, grab it and do what you wish with it.

So, finally, I give you the download:
https://mega.nz/#!ZoE2WCzA!BisDqwnjIVfW ... O0AGXTaA2I

Spoiler:
Last edited by VriskaSerket on Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:34 pm, edited 6 times in total.
VriskaSerket
a.k.a Squig

Discord: Squig#0592

Re: SplatDoom: Horrible Alpha Edition

Postby Sgt. Shivers » Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:29 pm

Would you be able to rehost it somewhere else? I can't seem to download it.
Sgt. Shivers

Discord: Sgt. Shivers #4769

Postby TheDoomGuy » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:37 pm

I was genuinely caught off-guard by the fact that the weapons are unchanged other than the sprites. Well done. :P

On a serious note, it might be interesting to try to replicate the Splatoon gameplay in ZDoom.
TheDoomGuy

Postby VriskaSerket » Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:25 pm

TheDoomGuy wrote:I was genuinely caught off-guard by the fact that the weapons are unchanged other than the sprites. Well done. :P

On a serious note, it might be interesting to try to replicate the Splatoon gameplay in ZDoom.

As I said, that would be the ideal thing, but I lack the skill and knowledge about modding to go further beyond. I can make what you get here a bit better in regard of sprites and a few extra sounds, but that's pretty much it. I'd like to add more weapons, I still have the 96 Gal, Splatling, Aerospray MG and RG, the other N-Zap (the '89), Custom Blaster, Jet Squelcher, Dual Squelcher and a few more... And of course changing how weapons work.
And also fixing that horrid plasmagun effect that looks so buggy
I, of course, will start a deep research on deep moddin', but by the time I get schoolfed on the matter someone else could probably make miracles with this thing I made. I'll still work on it on my part tho, adding details as I progress.
VriskaSerket
a.k.a Squig

Postby Par9000 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:30 am

3D

YYEEEEEEEAAAAAHHHH
Par9000

Postby Jeimuzu73 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:43 am

Par9000 wrote:3D

YYEEEEEEEAAAAAHHHH

:?:
Jeimuzu73
Name's Odd. James Odd.

Postby CokeMaster » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:43 pm

Can I borrow your sprites to make it better?
CokeMaster

Postby VriskaSerket » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:37 pm

CokeMaster wrote:Can I borrow your sprites to make it better?

Sure, go ahead. I pretty much had no intention of continuing this, honestly.
If you need sounds I can provide 'em.
VriskaSerket
a.k.a Squig

Postby CokeMaster » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:36 pm

Thanks a lot man, I will not defraud you!
If you can provide more content, I will be happy to recive it.
I already working on that, check it out and give me your opinion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DY2oOu8KPH4
CokeMaster

Postby ImpieTwo » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:43 am

VriskaSerket wrote:...So I tried to make a mod without actually having knowledge on how to do so.

Christ, that's me every time I open Slade. Welcome to the club.
ImpieTwo
Banned User

Postby VriskaSerket » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:39 pm

CokeMaster wrote:Thanks a lot man, I will not defraud you!
If you can provide more content, I will be happy to recive it.
I already working on that, check it out and give me your opinion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DY2oOu8KPH4

Awesome, can't wait to see more!
I can give ya all the sounds for all pre-splatling update weapons, as well as octoling and inkling voices, assuming you don't already have them.
Also, this would take a loootta time and, well, I'm a very lazy fug, but... I could make player sprites for octolings and both inklings.
VriskaSerket
a.k.a Squig

Postby CokeMaster » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:50 pm

It would be awesome if you make player sprites
CokeMaster

Postby Lai » Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:27 pm

This might be the First Splatoon mod, with First-Person Mode!!!! I can see the potential right now. Mind if I can be of ur help? Add me in Discord Lai#6215
Lai

Discord: Lai#6215
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Postby shaodoomkahn » Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:42 am

it's would be good if squid sisters,off the hook,desti,meggy from smg4 and female agent 8 and 3 (and even male version) would playble class in this one
shaodoomkahn

Discord: shaobrofan#6262
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects