Nocturne in Yellow (& Knuckles)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Viscra Maelstrom

Re: Nocturne in Yellow (& Knuckles)

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

i'm not seeing a problem with there being more independent games made with the G/ZDoom engine.
Swordman

Post by Swordman »

3noneTwo wrote:that shadowy demon and the screamer both caught me
It would be cool to tell me where is the screamer, I hate those jumpscares
Viscra Maelstrom

what, the giant, creepy thing that cries like a baby? they're not really much of a jumpscare, in that case. there's never any jumpscares in the mod, though a few would-be moments are in just for the sake of fucking with your expectations, which i am okay with (because they're relying on the tension of what you'd expect to happen or something.)
TheMightyHeracross

Post by TheMightyHeracross »

Is there a way to turn off the powers? I'm on MAP03, and if I'm out of mana, I can't use the bow because it still has the power on, but won't shoot due to lack of ammo.
Viscra Maelstrom

the Crucifix should not consume any mana at all. also, you can switch between the different artifacts you give in the inventory or with the quick binds. they may be items, but they're more akin to different weapons using the same pool of ammo.
TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 »

Swordman wrote:
3noneTwo wrote:that shadowy demon and the screamer both caught me
It would be cool to tell me where is the screamer, I hate those jumpscares
Screamer as in "enemy that screams a lot", not screamer as in "jumpscare that screams at you and blows out your eardrums".
There are no jumpscares in the mod.
TheMightyHeracross wrote:Is there a way to turn off the powers? I'm on MAP03, and if I'm out of mana, I can't use the bow because it still has the power on, but won't shoot due to lack of ammo.
Yeah, Viscra is right. Swap to the Crucifix, it doesn't use any mana.
idGamer

Post by idGamer »

TerminusEst13 wrote:Screamer as in "enemy that screams a lot", not screamer as in "jumpscare that screams at you and blows out your eardrums".
There are no jumpscares in the mod.
Speaking of the screaming thing, I was playing through the game on the Funeral March difficulty and noticed that that monster behaves rather oddly. It doesn't really make much of an effort to chase you; it just continuously drives you away and into the corner until you're out of range. While this does make the monster significantly easier to kill, I can see it being an immense pain on MAP06, where iirc there's a platforming segment with one of those enemies.

Although, you might be able to just shoot it from far away.
jpalomo

Post by jpalomo »

It's meant to disorient the player instead of damaging them.
Edit:
To my surprise, this actually works with Doom Touch. Neat.
TheMightyHeracross

Post by TheMightyHeracross »

Yeah, I missed the Crucifix the first run. Thanks!
Swordman

Post by Swordman »

Um, my bad. In my country, screamers and jumpscares are the same thing
Also, I really like this game, but the options meny can be confusing for some new players (GZdoom/GLOOME novices) and also the saves. It's a cool idea the limited saves with "weird purple wizard who saves your memories", but it can be easily avoided pressing F2, a quicksave, it brokes the gameplay in some way. Also, you didn't think about different crosshairs for the weapons? The awesome spear doesn't need a crosshair.

Despite those fails, it's an amazing game, did you consider putting it in steam? (I HAVE NO IDEA HOW THAT WORKS)
Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

Jaxxoon R wrote:I'm almost sad Knuckles isn't actually in this.
HazeBandicoot wrote:I'm amazed no one has made a knuckles mod for this yet...
Blox wrote:and yeah where's the KNUCKLES sound replacements
Working on that:

Just need to decide on a good place to host it.
Jaxxoon R

Post by Jaxxoon R »

Dropbox or Google Drives.
Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

I guess my personal Dropbox would suffice, yeah. Was just a little worried about bandwidth, but eh, it'll probably be nothing.

So, yeah, I present "Noctourne in Knuckles" [sic].

I notice the few music tracks I bothered to do LOOP_START for don't seem to loop properly, instead jumping to the beginning of the OGG file. Odd. They worked fine in GZDoom g2.1.pre-671-gac352dc, at least?

Also I didn't bother to change the intro sequence or weapon sprites any, so those will still reference/be Vikenti.
Swordman

Post by Swordman »

Shadow Hog wrote:I guess my personal Dropbox would suffice, yeah. Was just a little worried about bandwidth, but eh, it'll probably be nothing.

So, yeah, I present "Noctourne in Knuckles" [sic].

I notice the few music tracks I bothered to do LOOP_START for don't seem to loop properly, instead jumping to the beginning of the OGG file. Odd. They worked fine in GZDoom g2.1.pre-671-gac352dc, at least?

Also I didn't bother to change the intro sequence or weapon sprites any, so those will still reference/be Vikenti.
0/10 Needs more oh no. Seriously
Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

Swordman wrote:0/10 Needs more oh no. Seriously
VKHRT754.ogg and VKHRT254.ogg aren't enough for you?

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”