Temple of the Lizard Men 4 Project Thread (V2.0 RELEASED)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Temple of the Lizard Men 4 Project Thread (RELEASED!)

Postby Graf Zahl » Fri May 19, 2017 9:35 am

Mere_Duke wrote:The project was started when there was no GZDoom 3.0.0 so it was tested under outdated versions of gzd.


Then it should also have been tested on 1.8.6 when that was the latest, and on 2.0.5 when that was and so on and so on. 1.8.2 is 4 years old by now! Even the first 2.x version was only released 2 months after.
User avatar
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom Developer
 
Joined: 19 Jul 2003
Location: Germany

Re: Temple of the Lizard Men 4 Project Thread (RELEASED!)

Postby Janus3003 » Fri May 19, 2017 11:51 am

Sinael wrote:Mod is great! So far only played trhough the B route, but will play through the A as well. I also would like to know the source of D_LILITH.ogg.


I had the same question during beta testing.
User avatar
Janus3003
 
Joined: 27 Feb 2015
Location: USA

Re: Temple of the Lizard Men 4 Project Thread (RELEASED!)

Postby Sinael » Fri May 19, 2017 4:23 pm

I may be wrong, but I think you can make monsters remove "deafness" from other monsters in a certain radius whenever they see the player via either ACS or ZScript. I think you should look into this, as it will improve the encounters greately.

I also may have found out a bit more about the rocketlauncher bug in new versions of a game: I haven't used RL much (it severely underperforms shotguns and MG, I think something should be done about that too :P), but I remember using it without issues. I've loaded one of the later levels and encounered tremendous frame drop (even with all the graphic options turned down). I went back to earlier levels where I remember I used it - and had no issues at all. Then I went to find the cut-off point at which RL begins to behave weirdly and here it is: it works well on any map before Map16 (at least on the B route), but on Map16 it causes stuttering, anywhere except one chamber that I found.

Here's a visual demonstration: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMkmPokPDpE

The save file at that exact point, done in stable release of GZDoom 3.0 is included in the video description. Hope it helps you.
User avatar
Sinael
Russian Ripman
 
Joined: 18 Oct 2011

Re: Temple of the Lizard Men 4 Project Thread (RELEASED!)

Postby Mere_Duke » Fri May 19, 2017 8:10 pm

Sinael wrote:I may be wrong, but I think you can make monsters remove "deafness" from other monsters in a certain radius whenever they see the player via either ACS or ZScript. I think you should look into this, as it will improve the encounters greately.

I also may have found out a bit more about the rocketlauncher bug in new versions of a game: I haven't used RL much (it severely underperforms shotguns and MG, I think something should be done about that too :P), but I remember using it without issues. I've loaded one of the later levels and encounered tremendous frame drop (even with all the graphic options turned down). I went back to earlier levels where I remember I used it - and had no issues at all. Then I went to find the cut-off point at which RL begins to behave weirdly and here it is: it works well on any map before Map16 (at least on the B route), but on Map16 it causes stuttering, anywhere except one chamber that I found.

Here's a visual demonstration: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMkmPokPDpE

The save file at that exact point, done in stable release of GZDoom 3.0 is included in the video description. Hope it helps you.

Checked this myself, same behavior.
I think it depends on the area you shoot. I remember minor issues prior to the moment you've mentioned (for example, at the big cave where huge wave of monsters spawns, but I forgot level number)
Mere_Duke
 
Joined: 28 Aug 2016
Location: Russia

Re: Temple of the Lizard Men 4 Project Thread (RELEASED!)

Postby Alando1 » Sat May 27, 2017 7:04 am

Hey guys, sorry I haven't been keeping up with the comments in a few days. I have looked at them, though, and I have taken them into consideration. Recently, I have developed an update patch which would allow everyone to play TOTLM4 with GZDoom 3.0.0. The patch fixes dynamic light problems, particularly surrounding the Quad Rocket Launcher. Now you should be able to unleash hell on your enemies without major lag. The patch also fixes some inventory items and how much you can hold. Toyoch brought up a good point regarding it and I've considered it. I will upload the patch some time in the coming week - I will keep you all informed.

I will be doing another update that will enhance the gameplay a bit but the first update will fix a good chunk of the serious issues.

Thank you all for your feedback. I have made it my prerogative to make sure you all will get the best Temple of the Lizard men experience you deserve.

-Alando1
Alando1
 
Joined: 15 Apr 2013
Location: Long Island, NY

Re: Temple of the Lizard Men 4 Project Thread (RELEASED!)

Postby ActionAlligator » Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:53 pm

Does anyone here have trouble in ToTLM 3 with disappearing key pedestals? I have no idea how to return them so I have to reload the level and do stuff all over again....hoping that another pedestal won't disappear mid-level. I'm on gzdoom 3.0.1
User avatar
ActionAlligator
 
Joined: 18 Mar 2017

Re: Temple of the Lizard Men 4 Project Thread (RELEASED!)

Postby Blue Shadow » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:06 pm

You're probably running into this: viewtopic.php?p=997842#p997842

Yes, it affects both the third and fourth games.
User avatar
Blue Shadow
 
 
 
Joined: 14 Nov 2010

Re: Temple of the Lizard Men 4 Project Thread (RELEASED!)

Postby Mere_Duke » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:38 pm

ActionAlligator wrote:Does anyone here have trouble in ToTLM 3 with disappearing key pedestals? I have no idea how to return them so I have to reload the level and do stuff all over again....hoping that another pedestal won't disappear mid-level. I'm on gzdoom 3.0.1

They may disappear being destroyed by something that deals damage. There is a discussion in this thread about it. Just be careful without them until bugfix.
Mere_Duke
 
Joined: 28 Aug 2016
Location: Russia

Re: Temple of the Lizard Men 4 Project Thread (RELEASED!)

Postby Alando1 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:28 pm

Hey guys, just a brief update. I'm almost done with the update patch. It will fix a good chunk of the problems reported. I'll try to get the patch out to you guys in the coming week. Please note that this patch, too, will allow all of you to play TOLTM4 with GZDoom 3.0.0. It doesn't fix every bug, however, it fixes the major ones.

-Alando1
Alando1
 
Joined: 15 Apr 2013
Location: Long Island, NY

Re: Temple of the Lizard Men 4 Project Thread (UPDATE PATCH!

Postby Alando1 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:08 am

Hey guys, I have the update patch for TOTLM4. I will provide the dropbox link here and on the first page of the thread. This should fix some of the big bugs like the dynamic lighting (mainly for the Rocket Launcher) and the Key Pillars (try killing them now! :p)

Here is the link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/s79ui5jh7k1g0 ... 1.wad?dl=0

Enjoy!

-Alando1
Alando1
 
Joined: 15 Apr 2013
Location: Long Island, NY

Re: Temple of the Lizard Men 4 Project Thread (UPDATE PATCH!

Postby guineu » Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:36 am

Just finished playing this using GZDoom 3.0 with the fix wad. It was perfect, loved it. TotLM2 and 3 were already great, but the maps on TofLM4 are much better and more varied.

Some things I noticed, the PDA text shows outside of the graphic background, I think it's because I'm not using the default HUD scaling. Not sure if the PDA text can be made so HUD scaling doesn't affect it:

Screenshot_Doom_20170706_075926.jpg


Then on the twin minotaurs one of the HP bars doesn't show, but I see on the txt file that's already known.

Finally on map 15b there's this platform that can be lowered but it doesn't raise high enough to let you go back to the earlier part of the level. Not sure if it's intended or not, or maybe I missed something that makes it raise higher:

Default position:
Screenshot_Doom_20170706_103347.jpg

When activated lowers a bit and then goes back to the previous position:
Screenshot_Doom_20170706_103344.jpg


Not a big deal since you don't need to go back to that part of the level to reach the exit, but doesn't seem the intended behavior.
guineu
 
Joined: 06 Jul 2017

Re: Temple of the Lizard Men 4 Project Thread (UPDATE PATCH!

Postby IvanDobrovski » Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:10 am

I don't know where to use the green skull in the I think 4th map, and also if I use it in a wrong place it disappears from my inventory. Should put "Fail" if it's not meant to be used in the place, instead of "Stop" in the actor state.
User avatar
IvanDobrovski
 
Joined: 08 Aug 2016

Re: Temple of the Lizard Men 4 Project Thread (UPDATE PATCH!

Postby Alando1 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:28 pm

Hey guys, sorry I haven't been on the forums for some time. I do apologize to guineu and IvanDobrovski - I didn't know you guys posted something.

@guineu - Glad you liked the campaign. The text appearing outside the PDA screen is a common thing while using the newer GZDoom. There is an option that will allow you to scale the text down to a normal size. I believe it is within the HUD option menu or the Display menu. The screenshots from the Shadow Realm level, MAP15B, the little platform can be raised. The level is inspired by the Spirit world from Doom 2. To locate the switch to raise this platform, you need to go through the translucent rock wall within the main area (a T-Rex man will come out from there). Behind the translucent wall is a path leading to a room up a small flight of stairs. There are 3 shootable walls in that room. The first one will lead you down a path with the switch to raise the platform. The second shootable wall will open the center structure revealing a weapon and the third shootable wall will reveal the room with the exit door (which requires the red key). After the platform is raised, it will operate just like any ordinary lift.

@IvanDobrovski - After you acquire the green skull key, locate the statue with a green skull base. The statue looks like a demon with wings and is from Hexen. All you do is walk up to the statue and it will do the rest. For your note regarding the key disappearing from your inventory, it has been mentioned by a couple of my beta testers but the odd thing is, I have not had this problem happen to me. Unfortunately, I am unable to fix this glitch. All I can say is don't press your "Use Inventory" key while a special key is selected just to play it safe. This glitch has been a mystery to me and my team since we really can't say what causes it.

I hope this was helpful to you both. I hope to be on the forums a little more often but for the past month in a half, I've been bogged down with a family issue. Things have been getting back to normal, so far. I'll try and get back to anyone who has a question, comment, or concern.

Thank you.

-Alando1
Alando1
 
Joined: 15 Apr 2013
Location: Long Island, NY

Re: Temple of the Lizard Men 4 Project Thread (UPDATE PATCH!

Postby Zenon » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:01 pm

Is there a reason why I can't switch to the assault rifle or either shotguns in TOTLM1?

Also, I've been playing TOTLM2 and, while the patching is good, personally, I'd prefer it without the censorship.
If you could separate the two, that'd be brilliant, same goes for TOTLM3.

If you don't want to, that's fine
Last edited by Zenon on Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:04 pm, edited 8 times in total.
User avatar
Zenon
Rabid
 
Joined: 20 Apr 2006
Location: New Zealand

Re: Temple of the Lizard Men 4 Project Thread (UPDATE PATCH!

Postby IvanDobrovski » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:12 pm

Alando1 wrote:Hey guys, sorry I haven't been on the forums for some time. I do apologize to guineu and IvanDobrovski - I didn't know you guys posted something.

@guineu - Glad you liked the campaign. The text appearing outside the PDA screen is a common thing while using the newer GZDoom. There is an option that will allow you to scale the text down to a normal size. I believe it is within the HUD option menu or the Display menu. The screenshots from the Shadow Realm level, MAP15B, the little platform can be raised. The level is inspired by the Spirit world from Doom 2. To locate the switch to raise this platform, you need to go through the translucent rock wall within the main area (a T-Rex man will come out from there). Behind the translucent wall is a path leading to a room up a small flight of stairs. There are 3 shootable walls in that room. The first one will lead you down a path with the switch to raise the platform. The second shootable wall will open the center structure revealing a weapon and the third shootable wall will reveal the room with the exit door (which requires the red key). After the platform is raised, it will operate just like any ordinary lift.

@IvanDobrovski - After you acquire the green skull key, locate the statue with a green skull base. The statue looks like a demon with wings and is from Hexen. All you do is walk up to the statue and it will do the rest. For your note regarding the key disappearing from your inventory, it has been mentioned by a couple of my beta testers but the odd thing is, I have not had this problem happen to me. Unfortunately, I am unable to fix this glitch. All I can say is don't press your "Use Inventory" key while a special key is selected just to play it safe. This glitch has been a mystery to me and my team since we really can't say what causes it.

I hope this was helpful to you both. I hope to be on the forums a little more often but for the past month in a half, I've been bogged down with a family issue. Things have been getting back to normal, so far. I'll try and get back to anyone who has a question, comment, or concern.

Thank you.

-Alando1


Well you clearly missed what I said. I pretty much told you how to fix it...
User avatar
IvanDobrovski
 
Joined: 08 Aug 2016

PreviousNext

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DOOMERO-21 and 6 guests