Temple of the Lizard Men 4 - GOLD EDITION RELEASED!

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
leodoom85

Re: Temple of the Lizard Men 4 Project Thread (Update 3/6/17

Post by leodoom85 »

Alando1 wrote:Hey guys, TOTLM4 is almost done. We're smoothing out the edges right now and things are going well. I'm hoping we can get this puppy out between the middle of April and the end of April. We're almost there! :)

-Alando1
Keep it up. The wait will be worthy :)
Dr_Cosmobyte

Re: Temple of the Lizard Men 4 Project Thread (Almost Done)

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

I'm itchy to try it :D
Alando1

Post by Alando1 »

Hey guys, just a quick little update. TOTLM4 is almost there. I'll be sending out the last beta to my team this week and hopefully everything will be good to go. We're all very excited to release TOTLM4 and hopefully you all will enjoy this new installment of the Temple of the Lizard Men series.

Thank you all for your love and support :)

-Alando1
Alando1

Post by Alando1 »

Hey guys, I have some good news. TOTLM4 is just about ready for release. We're just doing some fine tuning and hopefully we'll get this bad boy out to all of you this week (Between May 7th & May 13th). Stay tuned...

-Alando1
Jblade

Re: Temple of the Lizard Men 4 Project Thread (Coming Soon)

Post by Jblade »

fantastic news, looking forward to it eagerly!
leodoom85

Post by leodoom85 »

Alando1 wrote:Hey guys, I have some good news. TOTLM4 is just about ready for release. We're just doing some fine tuning and hopefully we'll get this bad boy out to all of you this week (Between May 7th & May 13th). Stay tuned...

-Alando1
You're killing us with the hype :D
Alando1

Re: Temple of the Lizard Men 4 Project Thread (Coming Soon)

Post by Alando1 »

Hey guys, I've just uploaded TOTLM4 to the idgames archive. I'm hoping they don't reject it (got my fingers crossed). Hopefully, TOTLM4 will be up on the idgames archive with no problem so all of you can play it. If I do encounter any issues, I will supply an alternate link so you all can download TOTLM4 with no issue.

All in all, TOTLM4 has been released - It's DONE! Mazel Tov!

I just want to thank my beta testers for all their help (Janus3003, grouchbag, rsl, Tormentor667, Redead-ITA, & Carrascado) - their ideas, suggestions, and insight has helped make TOTLM4 what it is - You guys are awesome! :) Also, a big thank you to Jimmy for revamping the TOTLM Lycanthrope font and making it look epic!

I would also like to give a shout-out and a big thank you to Megadoomer, who has inspired me to continue the TOTLM series and who has taught me how to make levels fun and immersive. I've applied everything I learned from him to all my projects following TOTLM2. Megadoomer, thank you for everything :)

Most of all, I'd like to thank all of you who have supported the TOTLM series throughout. All your love and support has been very inspirational to me and has kept me motivated.

Thank you everyone, for giving me and my team the opportunity to make a fun and enjoyable experience for all of you.

-Alando1
leodoom85

Re: Temple of the Lizard Men 4 Project Thread (DONE)

Post by leodoom85 »

DAMMIT :D ...waiting for the link Alando
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

I can't wait to play it :)
Alando1

Post by Alando1 »

Hey guys, TOTLM4 has been accepted into the archives! :) I'll provide the link on the first page as well.

Enjoy!

https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/level ... s/lmtmple4

-Alando1
leodoom85

Post by leodoom85 »

Alando1 wrote:Hey guys, TOTLM4 has been accepted into the archives! :) I'll provide the link on the first page as well.

Enjoy!

https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/level ... s/lmtmple4

-Alando1
Finally. The long wait is over, props to all of you. Downloading now :D
Nems
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Temple of the Lizard Men 4 Project Thread (RELEASED!)

Post by Nems »

I'm gonna be kept busy between this and the latest release of Trailblazer. :D
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

I've found a rather serious issue: the key columns can be shot and "killed", thus rendering the map in which they're used broken. I'm using GZDoom 3.0.0.
Jimmy

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Jimmy »

I played the first map last night. I'm gonna play some more of it when I get the chance. First thoughts are the map design is pretty solid, but I have some nitpicks about the new content.

- Reeeeeally don't like how the text in the PDA doesn't wrap inside the screen that pops up. You could set this right with [wiki]SetHudClipRect[/wiki], I reckon.
- In the first cave, I was seeing two types of burning torch - one with a simple sprite animation, and one with fancy special FX for the flame. The inconsistency was a little bit jarring for me, and I'd be inclined to go with just one or the other for this situation.
- The knife is very highly powered, a better weapon in terms of damage output than the dual enforcers, which might be an issue. I like having a powerful melee weapon though, it's about on par with berserk, so maybe this doesn't need to change.
- You might want to look into balancing the volume for each music file, using SNDINFO's $musicvolume parameter.
- Looking at the player character stats, some are demonstrably much worse picks than others, at least on paper. Compare Charlie and Fiona's stats and it's no contest.

Pretty excited to check out the rest of the maps.
Sinael

Post by Sinael »

Started playing it and here's my 2 cents:

- For some reason at least some enemies react to gunshots only when they see you. Numerous times I saw a monster or 2 around the corner and shot them, then went further only to discover that there were a few more monsters in there that didn't react to the gunshots at all and were in their idle state. This allows to trigger them one by one (even unintentionally) and makes ambushes and some fights much easier than they should be.

Here's a video where one lizardman decided to not play along with the resot of the crowd for some reason. This happens quite often if you dont run headfirst into battle.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBPsJW3tOEA

- Dynamic lights in the flashlight should be a bit more dense (more lights per distance) and they should reach bit further.
edit: I've looked into the code and flashlight code seem to be alright, there are a lot of lights defined in there, but judging from the screenshot it seems that not all of them are actually fired (in screenshot you can count 10 distinct lights out of defined 19), and there are no lights close to the player aside from player-emitted ones which leads to flashlight very often not highlighting enemies right in front of the player
Spoiler:
- There are flares dropped down by people (active) but no flare items for you to use (I remember they were a thing in previous temples) Having them back would've been great.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”