Temple of the Lizard Men 4 - GOLD EDITION RELEASED!

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Carrascado

Re: Temple of the Lizard Men 4 Project Thread (Update 3/11/1

Post by Carrascado »

Alando1 wrote:@Carrascado - Thank you for the compliment :) To answer your question regarding the TOTLM1 bug fix, I actually do have something I will be uploading soon that fixes the weapon reload system. I'm currently wrapping things up with my other project, The DOOM Tribute Project, and after that is all done, I will be preparing the TOTLM1 patch wad. Hopefully I'll be able to make it accessible for everyone at the beginning of April.

-Alando1
Thanks to you for your mods :)

That's really nice to hear, I'll be waiting with patience.
Alando1

Re: Temple of the Lizard Men 4 Project Thread (Update 3/11/1

Post by Alando1 »

Hey guys, I recently uploaded a patch for TOTLM1. You will find a link on page 1; I have it marked as "NEW!" In this update patch, if fixes the weapons and the blue lizard man. Further details are included in a text file provided within the zip file.

Another update on the TOTLM front, all levels pertaining to TOTLM4 have been completed! I will soon be asking for people to beta test. If you are interesting in beta testing TOTLM4, feel free to PM me or you can reply in this thread. I'll be bringing aboard my beta testers from TOTLM3 & my other project, The DOOM Tribute Project as well to help with the testing.

Please note that I've been dealing with a family related issue since March, so if I don't reply to any of you quickly, please be patient. I will do my best to get back to you within at least a week's time frame.

Thank you :)

-Alando1
Carrascado

Re: Temple of the Lizard Men 4 Project Thread (Update 4/18/1

Post by Carrascado »

So, I don't have a lot of time because the exams, but I would be glad to help with beta testing TOTLM4 :)

And I hope your family affairs are going well.
Alando1

Re: Temple of the Lizard Men 4 Project Thread (Update 4/18/1

Post by Alando1 »

@Carrascado - Thank you for volunteering to help with the beta testing. Beta testing will begin in a week or two so I'll be sending all beta testers, who are involved, the download link via PM. Thank you again :)

-Alando1
Alando1

Re: Temple of the Lizard Men 4 Project Thread (Update 5/8/16

Post by Alando1 »

Hey guys, TOTLM4 is currently under beta testing. If anyone else is interested in getting involved, please let me know. I also have the official TOTLM4 trailer available for viewing on the first page. I hope you all enjoy it :)

-Alando1
Janus3003

Post by Janus3003 »

Do you want beta feedback here or in PM?
Alando1

Post by Alando1 »

Hey guys, I know it has been a while since any updates on TOTLM4. The beta testing is currently underway. Things are going well and hopefully, TOTLM4 will be done before the year is over. I'm in the process of gathering some of my friends together to do the voice acting. I assure you that the voice acting will be better than TOTLM3. I also would like to take the time to thank my beta testers for doing an amazing job. They have excellent sets of eyes 'cause mine are going on me, LOL.

If you haven't done so already, check out the official TOTLM4 trailer on page 1.

-Alando1
Alando1

Re: Temple of the Lizard Men 4 Project Thread (Update 7/17/1

Post by Alando1 »

Hey guys, quick update! TOTLM4 is in its Beta 1.3 stage. Testing is going well and I am proud to announce that I will be implementing two special, secret levels. Both will be dedicated to all those who have helped shape the TOTLM series and helped make it what it has become today. After four installments of this series, I think it would be quite appropriate to give thanks to those who have supported it.

I'll keep all of you posted on any new updates. Right now, things are moving along well. :)

-Alando1
Gezzdt

Post by Gezzdt »

Hey, glad to hear that the Project is progressing well. Loved TOTLM 1-3 and i am looking Forward to Play part 4. I like the Unreal feeling! :)
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Thumbs up for this. I unfortunately hadn't time yet to play the beta, currently concentrating mostly on own issues and busines but I will definitely play the final version as soon as it is out. Best wishes!
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

I never played ToLM before. Where should I start?
JimpArgon

Post by JimpArgon »

JohnnyTheWolf wrote:I never played ToLM before. Where should I start?
Umm.... maybe with the first one?

That's like saying you have never read the Harry Potter book series before and asking what book you should start with first. Always start with first one. Doesn't matter if its a Game, Book, or Movie.

https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/level ... l/lmtemple
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

No, that is like asking if the first entries in a series are still holding up and if there is one in particular that is worth playing. And yes, it does matter when it comes to video games, because not everything can age well, you know.

For example, you would not tell a newcomer who is interested in Street Fighter to start with the original arcade release, do you?
JimpArgon

Post by JimpArgon »

JohnnyTheWolf wrote:For example, you would not tell a newcomer who is interested in Street Fighter to start with the original arcade release, do you?
Your comparing apples to oranges. But to answer your question, why not? You can see how much the game has evolved over time by playing the first one and working your way up. It makes you appreciate the changes/ new things even better.

Now lets just drop this little side tangent and you can either agree, or agree to disagree. But lets let any other posts be about TOTLM 4's release.
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

JimpArgon wrote:Your comparing apples to oranges. But to answer your question, why not? You can see how much the game has evolved over time by playing the first one and working your way up. It makes you appreciate the changes/ new things even better.
Or lose all interest because the product has aged really badly and is no longer enjoyable. Another example: I fucking hate Diablo II, but I love Diablo III; however, I would have never found that out had I forced myself to play them in order.

So I reiterate my question: as a newcomer, which TotLM should I start with? Which one is considered the best?

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”