Temple of the Lizard Men 4 - GOLD EDITION RELEASED!

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Alando1

Re: Temple of the Lizard Men 4 Project Thread

Post by Alando1 »

@Blue Shadow - I just incorporated the fix into the TOTLM4 pk3 and it works beautifully. I was quite impressed with the dual HP bars with Triton and Gorgon. It looked amazing! Thank you very much, Blue Shadow. This helped immensely :) While I was incorporating this fix, I decided to include the update patches into the pk3 file. I've been testing everything and, so far, things are looking good.
When TOTLM5 is in its beta stages, it would be an honor to have you part of my beta testing team. :)
Thank you again. I'll be uploading an updated version of TOTLM4 within a few days.

@shadstarn - Any updates to prior TOTLM entries or TOTLM4 will be displayed on page 1 of this thread.

-Alando1
Blue Shadow

Re: Temple of the Lizard Men 4 Project Thread (V2.0 COMING S

Post by Blue Shadow »

You're welcome.

I'm looking forward to the fifth installment, which I'm a little surprised that is currently in the works.
Alando1

Re: Temple of the Lizard Men 4 Project Thread (V2.0 RELEASED

Post by Alando1 »

Hey guys, TOTLM4 V2.0 is released. A lot of the bugs in the first version have been fixed. Download is available on page 1. Enjoy!

-Alando1
JMP-Jack

Post by JMP-Jack »

Steve Flashlight Adaptation

I don't have much experience with Doom modding, but this my simple adaptation might be useful.

All credits goes to SuaveSteve (Original mod page: viewtopic.php?t=59429)
Thanks Steve.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJdMiXF ... e=youtu.be
Attachments
steve_flashlight_Temple_IV_Adaptation.rar
(3.63 KiB) Downloaded 110 times
Rex705

Post by Rex705 »

I still get a bunch of errors that pop up when starting the game. 2-4 only have a small bunch of errors but work from what I have seen. 1 has tons of errors with doom monsters showing up. Maybe after finishing 5 you can do a remake of Lizardmen 1 and get it up to the quality of the others :). A custom HUD would be a nice touch for the series.
Alando1

Post by Alando1 »

Hey guys, I'm back for a bit. I saw the flashlight mod shown by JMP-Jack. I have to say I was very pleased to see this. I am curious if this can override the current flashlight or does it have to manually be put in the pk3 while the old one is removed? All in all, thank you, JMP-Jack for your contribution :) Seriously, the demonstration in the video put a big smile on my face.

@Rex705 - I do have something special for TOTLM1 in the works. I've been considering doing a super polished up version of the original since TOTLM1 isn't looked at as much as its predecessors. By the way, the errors indicated - yeah, TOTLM1 hasn't adapted well with the newer GZDoom's - Definitely the newer and more updated version of TOTLM1 will fix those issues. :)

-Alando1
Alando1

Re: Temple of the Lizard Men 4 - Music Patch RELEASED!

Post by Alando1 »

Hey guys, I have an update for TOTLM4. It is a music patch for those who wish to do let's play videos for YouTube or Twitch. The music patch contains copyright/royalty free music which replaces some songs in the original TOTLM4 which YouTube and/or Twitch might otherwise have issues with. After watching a handful of people play through TOTLM4 and seeing their struggle with YouTube, I wanted to put together this patch so anyone who wanted to do a let's play can do so safely. Sorry it took so long to put something like this together but I hope you all will still enjoy. Download is on the first page of the thread.

-Alando1
Doomguy914

Post by Doomguy914 »

Downloading. Hopefully it still works with my GZDoom version and Dark Doom. =D
Unregret
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 9+1

Post by Unregret »

My only suggestion with this series is a common reload button as R; instead of right-click and add alternative fire to weapons (some already have zoom in/out function). That would be convenience; and avoid rebind controls when you play other mods as well. F can be something like kick.
Alando1

Post by Alando1 »

@Unregret - I agree. At the time of making the TOTLM wads (TOTLM2, 3, 4, & 5) I didn't know how to program a more appropriate reload key. Lately, I've been doing some more programming and realized there were special functions for A_WeaponReady - I'm not sure why I had not noticed that sooner. What I might consider in the near future (probably when everything is all set with the Toby Accessibility Mod), I'll make an update patch for all the weapons to have a proper reload key.

Thank you for your feedback and suggestion :)

-Alando1
Unregret

Post by Unregret »

Besides of reload feature, I got a increasing lag during fast weapon menu when playing with Gearbox and try to select weapons. Have to use basic LastWeapon.pk3.
Alando1

Post by Alando1 »

@Unregret - If you don't mind me asking, is Gearbox a weapon/gameplay wad? If so, I think it may be conflicting with the current weapons. The Temple of the Lizard Men wads aren't really compatible with most gameplay mods. Unless you have something like a special inventory system (i.e.: flashlight, weapon wheel, etc.), HUD display, or a unique gameplay mod (i.e.: bullet time) - those usually work with minimal issues. If you could expand on the issue, I can try and see what I could do or recommend for you.

Thank you.

-Alando1
Unregret

Post by Unregret »

Not at all: Here is the mod, you can try to load it together:
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=71086
Alando1

Post by Alando1 »

@Unregret - Thank you. I'll go check it out :)

-Alando1
Alando1

Post by Alando1 »

@Unregret - I checked out the Gearbox weapon wheel system and tested it with TOTLM 1R, 2, 3, 4, & 5. I didn't have any problems on my end. I was using GZDoom 4.7.1 and 4.8.2. It seemed to run alright with those versions. I would recommend contacting m8f and see what he says. It could be something else that might be going on. Hopefully, he could help you further troubleshoot the problem and resolve the issue.

-Alando1

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”