Temple of the Lizard Men 4 - GOLD EDITION RELEASED!

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Alando1

Re: Temple of the Lizard Men 4 Project Thread (UPDATE PATCH!

Post by Alando1 »

Hey guys, once again, sorry I have not checked back in a very long time. Life keeps getting in the way - we'll leave it at that...

Anyway, replying to Cyberdemon2006 & IvanDobrovski:

@Cyberdemon2006 - Your question regarding the weapon issue in TOTLM1 - The KEYCONF lump is a bit out of date so any weapon slot definitions won't be read on later versions of GZDoom properly. The TOTLM1 update patch on the main page of the thread should fix this issue as well as providing weapons with proper reload scripts. The NSFW sprites for the original TOTLM2 & 3 can still be acquired through the original Doomworld download from the archives. If you'd like to take those particular sprites from the former and make a sprite wad that overrides the censored versions, you can.

@IvanDobrovski - "Should put "Fail" if it's not meant to be used in the place, instead of "Stop" in the actor state." -- Would you be able to show an example of how to use this function? I haven't seen enough examples to get an idea of how that function works.

I do want to apologize again for not being on the forums as often as I would like. Even though the family related issue I was going through has eased up a bit, however, there are other personal things going on as well.

If any of you have any questions or concerns, please be patient. I will try to get back to you within at least a week or two.

Thank you.

-Alando1
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

Bug report: reloading a weapon on the hardest difficulty setting puts double the amount of ammo in the "clip" while at the same time takes only half the amount of ammo from reserve.
IvanDobrovski

Post by IvanDobrovski »

Alando1 wrote: @IvanDobrovski - "Should put "Fail" if it's not meant to be used in the place, instead of "Stop" in the actor state." -- Would you be able to show an example of how to use this function? I haven't seen enough examples to get an idea of how that function works.
Sure, I'll provide an example on one such item and how you can fix the problem. (Mind you, all your quest/puzzle whatever items have this problem IIRC)

Code: Select all

Actor TalonKey : CustomInventory 6059
{
//$Category TOTLM3_Keys_Special
  Radius 8
  Height 8
  +INVENTORY.INVBAR
   Inventory.Icon ARTITALN
   Inventory.PickupSound "misc/getkey"
   Inventory.PickupMessage "You got the talon key"
   Inventory.MaxAmount 1
   inventory.InterHubAmount 0
   Tag "Talon"
   Scale 0.15
   States
   {
     Spawn:
         TALN A 6 Bright
         TALN A 6
         Loop
     Use:
         TNT1 A 1 A_JumpIfInTargetInventory("KeyReceiver_Talon", 1, "RemoveKey")
         TNT1 A 1 A_GiveInventory("TalonKey", 1)
         TNT1 A 1 A_Print("Can't use the talon here.")
         Stop ------- Change this to Fail from Stop
     RemoveKey:
         TNT1 A 1 A_GiveToTarget("TalonKey", 1)
         TNT1 A 1 A_TakeInventory("TalonKey", 1)
         Stop
    }
}
Alando1

Post by Alando1 »

Hey guys, I'm back for a bit.

@Blue Shadow - That's an interesting find. I'll look into it - It sounds kind of strange that it would do that but I'll take a look at it.

@IvanDobrovski - Thank you - I will implement this fix in the update patch.

Thank you guys for keeping a good look out for any little bugs. As always, I will try and be on the forums when able.

-Alando1
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

Alando1 wrote:@Blue Shadow - That's an interesting find. I'll look into it - It sounds kind of strange that it would do that but I'll take a look at it.
It's not. On the hardest difficulty, the ammo factor is doubled, i.e. you get more ammo than normal. What you want to do is set the [wiki=Inventory_flags#INVENTORY.IGNORESKILL]INVENTORY.IGNORESKILL[/wiki] flag on the ammo types which act as a clip/magazine.
SuaveSteve

Post by SuaveSteve »

You should put a link in OP for part 1 for the file to combine the patch with.

I'd also replace the "4" in the thread title with "series" as it seems this is the place to get the latest downloads for all parts?
MainMan

Post by MainMan »

Hi! I have a problem.
I´m trying to play updated TOTLM1, but I´m still getting "Class Class2Ammo referenced but not defined" error.
I tried various versions of GZDoom (1.3.7 - 3.2.0) and GDoom with no luck.
I would really love to see the new sprites and blue lizzard fixed. Thanks!
Korell

Post by Korell »

MainMan wrote:Hi! I have a problem.
I´m trying to play updated TOTLM1, but I´m still getting "Class Class2Ammo referenced but not defined" error.
I tried various versions of GZDoom (1.3.7 - 3.2.0) and GDoom with no luck.
I would really love to see the new sprites and blue lizzard fixed. Thanks!
Firstly, which IWAD are using? I was getting an error trying to use it with doom.wad, but it loaded up okay with doom2.wad.

However, using it with the update, it doesn't work correctly on newer GZDoom versions (I'm currently using GZDoom 3.2.0) because the update tries to redefine some of the actors by using the same name, and newer GZDoom versions don't allow this (instead renaming the duplicate actors). The problem it causes is that the weapons cannot be switched. I did manage to resolve it (and then play it all the way through) by modifying the original lmtemple.WAD. I copied all of the new files from the update into lmtemple.WAD and then went through the three code files (SNDINFO, KEYCONF and DECORATE) and added/replaced the original code with that from the update. The result now is that I don't need the update file and just use my modified lmtemple.WAD (along with the optional healthmod.WAD and TOTLMBlueLizard.wad files).
Korell

Post by Korell »

Well, I decided to give the Temple of the Lizard Men mods a try today, and I'm really glad I did as they are a lot of fun. I played through all of the first and second games (after applying fixes to the first game so that it would run correctly on GZDoom 3.2) and I've also played the first 7 or so maps of TotLM 3 and three maps on TotLM 4. You can really see how the games develop with each one. Very nice.
Last edited by Korell on Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alando1

Post by Alando1 »

Hey guys, it feels like forever since I was last on. I now have time to work on the TOTLM4 fixes and I'm currently working on an updated update patch. I don't know when this will be available but, I will let you know when it is. I'm in the process of figuring out how to fix the MAP12 Boss HP Bar glitch. I'll keep you posted.

-Alando1
Alando1

Re: Temple of the Lizard Men 4 Project Thread

Post by Alando1 »

Hey guys, I know it has been quite some time and I apologize. I have not figured out how to fix the boss HP bar on MAP12 but the updates for the other fixes will be posted soon. I admit this was quite difficult to fix the boss HP bar but I can assure you I will not have a tag team boss battle ever again in any project... including Temple of the Lizard Men 5...

In addition, I had been working on two other really important projects:

1. I've been working on an accessibility wad for Toby, a passionate gamer who is visually impaired. I'll provide a video to show you in detail below. The video is from YouTuber dansg08, who is presenting my project for Toby.

2. I've been working on a sci-fi / fantasy, action, adventure, comedy novel series.

All in all, I apologize once again for the super late update but things have been very busy for me.

Hope all is well with you guys :)

-Alando1

Toby Tribute wad:

Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

Alando1 wrote:I have not figured out how to fix the boss HP bar on MAP12
I could take a stab at fixing it, but I need the ACS scripts/libraries (if they're actually there in the pk3 file, I don't know where exactly to look for them).
I can assure you I will not have a tag team boss battle ever again in any project... including Temple of the Lizard Men 5...
I'm not sure what's bad about that. It makes a refreshing change from having to fight a single boss which spawns minions.
Alando1

Post by Alando1 »

Hey Blue Shadow, I have the script I used for all the main bosses. The only differences are the TID's. If you can figure out what the issue is, that would be awesome. If there is a way to have two HP bars on the screen at once, that would be great. If you need to, you can find the graphics for the HP bar in the main resources wad in the lmtmpl4 PK3 as well as the boss DECORATE script (DEC_BOSS).

Code: Select all

#include "zcommon.acs"

int monhp;
int mtid = 407;
int mmaxhp = 8000;

Script 407 (void) 
{              
int hdisp;
monhp = getactorproperty(MTID, APROP_Health);
setfont("NORMAL");
hdisp = (monhp * 100 / mmaxhp);
sethudsize(800,600,0);
if (hdisp <= 0)
hdisp = 0;
hudmessage(i:hdisp; 1, 0, CR_WHITE, 120.1, 10.1, 1);
int acounter;
int bcounter;
setfont ("MONHPBAR");
hudmessagebold(s:"a"; 1, 101, CR_GREEN, 0.1, 1.1, 1);
for (acounter = 0; acounter <= hdisp; acounter++)
{
if (hdisp <= 0)
break;
bcounter = bcounter + 2.0;
setfont ("FILLNORM");
if (hdisp < 75)
setfont ("FILLCAUT");
if (hdisp < 50)
setfont ("FILLDANG"); 
if (hdisp < 25)
setfont ("FILLCRIT");
hudmessagebold(s:"a"; 1, acounter, CR_GREEN, 23.1 + bcounter, 7.1, 1);
}
bcounter = 0;
acounter = 0;
delay(1);
restart;
}  
Thank you for your help. :)

-Alando1
shadstarn

Post by shadstarn »

where can i find the latest version of the previous versions? i cant find htem here...
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

Okay, the health bar problem should be fixed with this. Inside it you'll find these files: BossHPBar_Scripts.wad, DEC_BOSS and MONHPBAR.png. They're modified versions of the original files from the mod itself. Here's a rundown of what I did:
  • BossHPBar_Scripts.wad: replaced the compiled ACS lumps with a single ACS library. It contains the re-worked health bar code.
  • DEC_BOSS: modified HellTaur, ShadowSorcerer, Gorgon and Triton actor classes:
    • Removed TID assignment from the Spawn state, since it's not needed anymore.
    • Added an Idle state. The idea is that the monster goes from the Spawn state to the See state once and only once. And that so it executes the health bar script upon spotting the player. The Idle state is like the Spawn state, with the difference is that the monster goes from it to the See2 state.
    • There is no longer a health bar script per monster. All of them use the same health bar script. The script uses two arguments to determine the bar's position on the screen.
    • Made sure all state redirections point to the See2 state, instead of See.
  • MONHPBAR.png: shortened its width by one pixel. This is to fix the one-pixel-wide gap that can be see if the bar is full. Also, removed an excess stripe of pixels at the bottom.
Alando1 wrote:If there is a way to have two HP bars on the screen at once, that would be great.
With the changes I've done, Triton and Gorgon's health bars should work just fine.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”