[WIP] Hungarian Warfare v0.7 demo

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Orka

[WIP] Hungarian Warfare v0.7 demo

Post by Orka »

Hungarian Warfare is a mod that I planned to finish in a 1 year a long time ago... well... I lied to myself and to you all... I'm really sorry about that. But I'm trying to go on as fast as I can and improve more things as the project's process goes on. I would never stop this project but sometimes I just have to rest a little bit. I work on this completely alone and I am not a professional spriter, composer or anything at all so I might work a little bit slow but as I am doing these things my skills get better... I hope so.

I will leave the old post as it was at the bottom with the story and such except the screenshots and download links.

Honestly, I was thinking about asking for help for certain parts of the project but... well, how could I say that? I don't want to owe anyone if you know what I mean. :D If you have an idea you gotta do it yourself, right? :) If I want this to be a project from my ideas I have to do it myself... I guess... maybe I could cooperate with someone but then maybe the project would progress slower cause we have to discuss how things should look/sound like... I don't know... I just really don't know, my god, what am I mumbling about? :D So I guess if anyone wants to help out with the project to get the project progress faster then maybe I would accept it.

Anyway, here is what's new in this version:
-MAP01 redone cause I found a glitch there as well so I might later remake other glitchy maps too.
-MAP07
-Most sounds got improved
-New sprites

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/kab2jvr4z7mk4cy/HW07.rar

=====---Older versions---=====
v0.3 demo - http://www.mediafire.com/download/znisr ... arfare.rar
v0.4 demo - http://www.mediafire.com/download/wp5f8 ... e+v0.4.rar
v0.6 demo - http://www.mediafire.com/download/uj0bb ... +fixed.rar
v0.667 demo - http://www.mediafire.com/file/w4i5ha0e30dd0v9/HW667.rar
Spoiler: Screenshots
Spoiler: Old post
Last edited by Orka on Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:31 pm, edited 26 times in total.
SamuraiSTALIN

Re: Hungarian Warfare (v0.3 beta demo)

Post by SamuraiSTALIN »

Putting your entire GZdoom folder in the download (with doom2.wad included) is a big no-no, mister. Also, this mod is delightfully weird. "OUU! MOMMEE!!!"
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Post by chronoteeth »

besides the fact that you accidentally packaged the doom iwad with the file, this is a fun lil mod! i love how u bitcrushed the sfx to sound really bad (in a good way)

how'd you do that btw with the sfx?
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

SmarineS, if you could upload a copy of your mod that does NOT include the full Doom2.wad with it, that would be appreciated.
Orka

Post by Orka »

Oh, excuse me! ... I just noticed that the link is wrong. I wanted to send it to my friend but I think I missed it. Yesterday I was a little bit tired. I will take care of this link later when I get to computer... Sorry again!
cocka

Post by cocka »

OK, so far, so good. And how does this wad refer to Hungary or to the Hungarian people, culture or language?
Big C

Post by Big C »

It says in the original post, you know. :U
Orka

Post by Orka »

Before anyone misunderstands: I don't hate Hungary or Hungarian people. I am hungarian too so it would be silly if I hate myself, right? :) And it's just a game. This was made for entertaining and this wasn't made to make people hate anyone. Or should I use just nazis, zombies, demons for a game?
Sorry again for the wrong link!
cocka

Post by cocka »

I just thought if it was somewhat connected to Hungary, the wad has some kind of reference to Hungary not only in its story but also in other ways. Such as the flag, the coat of arms, Hungarian speaking characters, jokes, Easter eggs, textures, colours etc..
Spoiler:
Sgt. Shivers

Post by Sgt. Shivers »

Played through the demo, great stuff! I hope you add some more power weapons later, like a rocketlauncher or flamethrower. The enemy set is really great and the sprites make them super easy to recognize and tell apart!
The only suggestion I have is to make the level boundaries more natural, instead of having text walls maybe have a wall of debris and barbed wire?
I look forwards to playing more!
Orka

Post by Orka »

Cocka!
Spoiler:
Sgt. Shivers!
Thanks your comment, I will work on this as much as I can. :)
cocka

Post by cocka »

Spoiler:
Kizoky
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kizoky »

At first I was confused on how was this related to Hungary, or to Hungarian people
Well atleast I understand know why.
Orka

Post by Orka »

Finally I created a level for the final boss of the first episode. I have to make 3 more maps to the first episode and I will upload the next version of the demo.
(Informations in the first post)
armymen12002003
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by armymen12002003 »

It's good don't get me wrong but i think there is room for improvement. but it is good for a first wolfendoom mod

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”