[MOD] Final NeoDoom

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: [MOD] Final NeoDoom

Postby ibm5155 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:18 pm

Daniel está vivo e ainda fazendo mods? \o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/
ibm5155
Just Spooky

Postby .ex.inferis. » Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:16 pm

Another NeoDoom?? I will spend quality time with this, indeed. Good to see you back, Daniel!
.ex.inferis.

Postby SamuraiSTALIN » Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:07 am

I'm really enjoying these levels! Not such a big fan of the weapons myself, but i'm really picky.
SamuraiSTALIN

Postby BFG » Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:52 pm

he's back the man behind the mask! awesome new chapter in the Neo Doom/New Worlds saga, very detailed maps, you keep pushing Doom to new extremes!
BFG

Postby jdredalert » Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:42 pm

ibm5155 wrote:Daniel está vivo e ainda fazendo mods? \o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/

Spoiler:
jdredalert
Doom, until the end.

Postby TXTX » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:54 pm

I'm playing this right away. I'm one of those people who really miss duke-style maps too much. xD
TXTX
Insane Feline, Hacking through ZScript

Postby DooMAGE » Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:52 pm

Thank you Daniel, long time no see :)
DooMAGE

Postby PFL » Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:05 pm

I have been waiting almost 9 years for this one to come but I knew it was coming; I had seen screenshots lurking around in your database from BrDoom (a pistol shot taken in some grey textures from the first levels an another one that I forgot about).

I like to see NeoDoom flaskbacks in this new one. I also like how you have managed to keep it more Doom than the first one.

The inventory is indeed way more useful. Almost every weapon is used and has a purpose.

The hub system is excellent and adds to this feeling of continuity between the levels.

There were some little homs and bugs here and there but nothing to call your mom. Bugs including Archviles regenerating enemies from different floors is one that may need a check. The map 4 red switch has been mentioned earlier.

I missed the Vixen (not the Mega one). I feel this infamous bitch had her place somewhere in the wad. If you ever touch this one again for a bugfree version, for example, or better, to had a few more maps to it before the final level, PLEASE bring us tha Bitch somewhere (in her original don't mess with me attitude and strength); NeoDoom is all about her, at some point. It was a huge reason why I would go play NeoDoom again a few times (not the kid's Gold Edition).

So, it seems to be the end isn't it ? Well I hope you change your mind in time :) Until then, I give you my personal "Cacoward achievement" for this duo. Truly Awesome.

Take Care Daniel.
PFL

Postby Daniel » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:26 am

Hello people!

Thanks for all the thoughtful comments. Good to see that the ZDoom community keeps running and growing. Glad to see you around, DooMAGE.

Thanks for the helpful hints and bug reports from PFL, TheUnBeholden, Cryomundus and jdredalert. I'm already working on it. I'll upload a new version with these bug fixes, but nothing too different that worths another painful download of 300 MB.

It's hard - if not impossible - to put together everyone's taste... but I hope people may still have some fun with FNDoom. Funny that after a Google search for it, I've found some news in Russian and Japanese sites such as http://iddqd.ru/levels?find=Final+NeoDoom, http://4pda.ru/forum/lofiversion/index.php?t508165-760.html, and http://tieba.baidu.com/p/3951879826. This proves that game editing is a strong world industry nowadays.

A last word: have anyone notice the MAP17 theme? It's related to Brazilian's actual politic situation... maybe you can help us by shotting some politician's heads to open the gate :wink:

Bye!
Daniel

Postby leodoom85 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:57 pm

Hello Daniel, i have played your mod and it´s very good and very difficult, especially in the last levels and i discovered all the secret levels (the volcan level was hard). And you mentioned the theme for the last map and i understand it because although it´s not a difficult situation yet but if it goes that way where i live we will face the same situation :( . Anyway, i enjoy your mod and good luck. Greetings from Chile :).
leodoom85
Dodge this.....
Banned User

Discord: leodoom85#6202

Postby PlayerLin » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:04 am

This is a Chinese(China) site, not Japanese site, Japanese used Kanji, and many differences from Chinese(even it was based from Chinese). :P

EDIT: I read that posts on that link, those users seems don't like the guns and items(complains about underpowered) from itself and try to load BD, AEoD and some other overpowered(?) weapon mods on it... *sigh*
PlayerLin

Location: XinZhuang, XinBei/New Taipei City(Former Taipei County), Taiwan.
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby The Ultimate DooMer » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:25 pm

They obviously don't know what altfire is...they wouldn't complain about underpowered then :p

(and the good thing is that you need that power later in the game, so it's nicely balanced)
The Ultimate DooMer
Will you start the fans please!

Postby KILLER2 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:28 am

Really nice! Was hoping to see a revamp to NeoDoom! Kinda sad the hotkeys are gone though...they were great for my game back in the day. Surprisingly, I never finished the original NeoDoom. As good as it was, it always turned either too easy or too rough (as in unpolished, not hard) for me to want to finish it. I'll give it a shot!

EDIT: A couple of problems I see are the HUD and reloading. The hud is really ugly (thankfully althud fixes it and seems to work well with this at first glance). Reloading on pistol is counter-intuitive since it doesn't work with the "weapon reload" binding and doesn't show how many bullets you still have in the clip.

EDIT2:Bug on Map01:the button on the elevated area accessed with the blue key can be pressed from below. I actually discovered this by pressing that wall thinking the pile of blood indicated a secret.
Another thing:since the saw breaks "stealth", you should consider making it go after the berserk fist in weapon order, if possible.
KILLER2
Banned User

Postby Doomguy 2000 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:36 am

I'm kinda of wondering if this an sequel to NeoDoom or it's own thing? When I first played Final NeoDoom, I was kinda of frustrated since I kept losing my pistol, then once I got to the third level, that's when it became hard for me to get into this more. I finally got to playing more of this wad and it actually does get better if you could get past the first five levels. I played it a little bit from time to time, until I got to the subway where I decided to play it more. The detail is excellent when it comes to some of the greater more colorful levels, take Remebrance for example. I found a spelling error when reading the ending, not going to spoil it, but is beings spelled wrong or is it intentional? Hopefully when I beat this wad and go up against your replacement of the Vixen, that I post of full review of your wad on my forums eventually.

Edit: I keep losing my automatic healing kits for some reason. Do Zombies actually steal those or do they get automatically used when you lose health?
Doomguy 2000
Τηε Λεγενδ

Postby Doomguy 2000 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:57 pm

My review, if anybody is interested.
Doomguy 2000
Τηε Λεγενδ

PreviousNext

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects