Regular Day - I'm sorry

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
TheBadHustlex

Re: Regular Day - I'm sorry

Post by TheBadHustlex »

Captain J wrote:If you have time to spare or to do, you just can mapping anytime. You actually don't have to force yourself to work on this mod.
That's true. I'm not gonna froce myself for it.
Captain J wrote:Large Maps, ponies and furs in this mod gave me a fun time and laugh, though. Yet i've had no gripes about it whatsoever. But i guess it depends on the how the players think about this mod.
Exactly. It may not be repulsive for you, but many people dislike this type of stuff.
Captain J wrote:Even though it's a joke wad, it actually can be good, fun and successful. And don't think jokewads are horrible and just for fun, check this thread out for example. And yes, this mod has own unique style as well.
My two cents; Revive this soon or do it all over again. It's your choice, and Hope you can decide well.
Hm...
Well, I guess it's true. Jokewads don't necessarily need to be bad.
Captain J wrote:I'll be waiting, all the time. So good luck!
Thank you.
You're right about giving up. It is close to being finished. I may as well do it.
Zanieon wrote:So you are basically having the same sudden clarity of mod consistence as i had back in 2012 with my first project, i dropped Doom Reinforced for most of the same reasons you pointed there, my main reason was the sprite salad with the weird mix of the first 3D models i touched to edit and animate.

My recommendation to you is to really start a new one completely with new ideas and other style to it and surely when you look to it at a good stage of development you will want look the past and think "this was so shitty at the beggining but was worth the effort" because after this conflict of ideas you will not derail it all that much again.

This makes me say that every day i remember all the weirdness and stupid ideas i made in the past with Hunter's Moon every time i look at its progression, the mod's past is not pleasing to see and i regret many things i tried make on it but surely it was alot more consistent in gameplay and visual terms than Doom Reinforced.
That would be a good idea, I believe.
I'm glad to see I'm not the first one to feel like this about his project.

Alright. I think I made my mind up. I thought about it through the night.
I will finish it. But that's it. I will not re-do the game, and I will not fix all the inconsistancy issues. Because, as said, it would take so long that I may as well make a new game.
I will make it work without bugs, and I will fix the most extreme flaws. But then, I may do something different.
Ribo Zurai

Post by Ribo Zurai »

Do at the speed you feel more comfortable with, do not feel forced or pushed to rush your project. Also don't listen to the haters on it, we know it's a mod made mostly for the lols, so take some rest and think about returning later on. :wink:
Redead-ITA

Post by Redead-ITA »

When i seen the post about stopping the development of this wad at first i thought
Redead-ITA wrote:oh is just gonna take a break and then rework at the project
Then now that i read better the post i was like
Redead-ITA wrote:oh
i know that now you suspended development heck you remember me in many ways But hey take your time maybe later when your gonna remake it you will do it better and in order my tip is To Write all the problems that you had before so that in the future when you look it up you can head where it needs fixing and when your done and complete The project to be released you know the rest of the problems by feedback
also Sorry for the useless bump
i hope you get better and make it afterwards
HannesH

Post by HannesH »

I will finish it. But that's it. I will not re-do the game, and I will not fix all the inconsistancy issues.
I think throug the inconsistancy it has a insane Little charm like Kind of Grezzo Due (I just a say the Level that nic just took from Blood and put Nazis in)

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”