JP's many mini mods

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Murix

Re: JP's many mini mods

Post by Murix »

Hey could you link the rest of you're "mini mods" they sound really cool as well but I don't know where to find them.
jpalomo

Post by jpalomo »

In the process of updating my mod's I noticed that the lock-on is horribly broken on git builds. Locking on to targets above you is fine, but when you try to use it on an enemy below you, the pitch is altered to face the ceiling. I get the feeling it won't be easy to fix without breaking it for the release version of ZDoom.
Murix wrote:Hey could you link the rest of you're "mini mods" they sound really cool as well but I don't know where to find them.
Everything is in the first post.
IamInnocent

Post by IamInnocent »

Thank you for the codes, I download and edited your lock on script. However when I compiled with ACC and execute the script in game it says unknown script. It seems as if the script was erased during compilation. Because I notice the file size was smaller than other acs. Any solution to this occurrence?
Spoiler:
raikosen

Post by raikosen »

hi jpalomo i used to use this back on gzdoom 2.4.0 but my machine got broken and i was out of doom gameplay for quite some time, now i got new machine but i have a weird bug with this and gzdoom 3.2.1, the thing is that lock-on works as intended when using the key binded for it but only until you kill the enemy targeted, afterwards it disables and you must go to menu to activate it again, another weird thing i saw was that the place where you must do this is in server options but i don't play online, just local, so does this has to do with load order, the file, or anything else?
jpalomo

Post by jpalomo »

The only required file you need to have loaded first is the main file found in the first post. This just sets up all of the CVars and menus. The server options for lock-on can be ignored if you aren't playing multiplayer. As for the bug, I can't say I encountered it in my testing of GZDoom 3.2.1. Are you loading anything else with this? The lock-on uses the +user2 key so if another mod also uses that, there could be issues.

I updated all of the files a few months back, so make sure you download the new version if you haven't already.
raikosen

Post by raikosen »

well here is a pic of my load order with zdl, and yes i got current versions of both files and the bug is as i say, if lock-on is not enabled in server options you can't use it no matter if is set to hold or toggle, and works only while you don't kill the target you have in sight because that deactives lock on, however is possible to lock a target, weaken it, release the lock-on to kill it and then select another target to repeat the process, oh and i didn't mention this but this is happening with pb 3.0 test version, maybe that has something to do with this problem
Attachments
LOAD.png
raikosen

Post by raikosen »

hi man, i just found out a bug with health bar, i went over tu hud options to change the size and position of health bar but icouldn't find the options menu in hud options where is supposed to be, so i had to use the quick menu feature by binding a key to it, cause is the only way to acces to health bar options, can you check if it has something to do with gzdoom or is it just me?
YasuoProjectX
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by YasuoProjectX »

Gzdoom g4.3.3 is not working, i used Grappling Hook only but

Here is my report note
Spoiler:
What version from that Gzdoom to work?
BradmanX
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by BradmanX »

YasuoProjectX wrote:Gzdoom g4.3.3 is not working, i used Grappling Hook only but

Here is my report note
Spoiler:
What version from that Gzdoom to work?
It works just fine in GZDoom 4.3.3 (It's one of my autoloads and I've been using 4.3.3 since it was released), the hookshot needs the main file loaded before it, without that, none of these mods will work.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”