Laz Rojas' WolfenDoom for ZDoom [v1.32]

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
irukanjji

Re: [Release] Laz Rojas' WolfenDoom for ZDoom

Post by irukanjji »

Thanks m8, i´ve played all this wads with doom legacy, but with gzdoom it´s better
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

NightFright wrote:For some reason, some sounds in this addon didn't play back for me when I tried (with ZDoom at least).
Yes, some stuff in the original mods is broken in ZDoom. Which is why I figured a fix pack was being made.
scalliano

Post by scalliano »

Excellent! I forgot how many of these there were. Fitting, what with BoA in the works.
Thorir

Post by Thorir »

For the boss enemies angled sprites should be added. I sawed some a few years ago somewhere, so they are exist.

By the way it's great. Maybe the SMG firing sound could be a bit louder.
Echelon5

Post by Echelon5 »

Yeah I was thinking the same thing on the SMG fire sound. I don't think the original DOS version's sfx mixes well with the new (excellent!) sprites.
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

@Tormentor:
Thanks for featuring this pack on your website. It is highly appreciated. ^^

@Thorir/Echelon5:
You are probably referring to this thread about bosses rotations. If it's just a matter of adding the new frames with the proper frame names, it's worth thinking about it.
Regarding the SMG sound: I assume you are only talking about the Laz Rojas packs, but not the SOD packs (Lost Episodes, Spear Revisited)? Because I wouldn't touch those, sorry (was only doing some bugfixing there, nothing else). I gotta check the volume again by myself, but adjusting it wouldn't be a huge problem, I guess. However, I cannot say when I can work on this again in general, it may take quite some time.
SiFi270

Post by SiFi270 »

I see the weapons are adjusted to be more like their Wolf3D counterparts in the remakes, and I'm glad for that, but are there any plans to do the same for the new missions like Rheingold and Arctic? I'm not exactly sure how the Kar98 would be handled in the former, but I do know it's also been in several Wolf mods like Castle Totenkopf, so unless I have no idea what I'm talking about maybe that could be used as a starting point of some kind?

If these changes were made I'm not sure what that would mean for the Astrostein weapons, unless someone knows how they behaved in LR's original Mac-enstein version.
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

I have already explained it before: Neither did I touch the weapons of any addons that didn't cover the Original Missions, Nocturnal Missions, SoD or Second Encounter nor do I intend to do so. Reason for that is that different sets of hand sprites are used and they don't fit together. Consider the new weapons in those four packs as some kind of bonus feature which is supposed to make the remakes of these official missions look more polished than the rest of Laz Rojas' work. I never intended to apply all this effort to every addon.

Additionally, one would need weapon replacements that fit the style of all the existing ones that osjclatchford and Sgt. Shivers made. I am not a sprite artist and cannot provide this by myself.

I am aware that there are some of you who consider this being work only partially done, but I had to set certain limits to this project and I will stick to them. Take this release pretty much as it is, for it is unlikely that any further enhancements will be applied to it from my side. It's highly unlikely that I will either find time or motiviation to work on it again, especially not like I did when I created it. My focus now just is on eliminating remaining bugs or annoyances.
TheRealRudy

Post by TheRealRudy »

Hey, first of all, thank you so much for this dude, it's really awesome to being able to play this on a proper sourceport. Secondly, is there a way to get WolfenDOOM working with an editor like Doom Builder 2? I'd love to create some of my own levels with these assets.
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

I also used DB2 for this. I don't have it in front of me right now, but basically you load a map with doom2.wad as iwad and the wolfendoom wad as pwad, just as if you wanted to launch the game. My fix wads can also be loaded, but unless you edit the actual Rojas maps, that won't be required.
TheRealRudy

Post by TheRealRudy »

I've tried that, but all the textures appear non existant in the editor, and you can see from the enemies really only the siluet, the rest of them is grey.
I've also tried loading on of the maps, but question marks everywhere.

Edit:
Nevermind, I got it working :)
idfreak

Post by idfreak »

NightFright, I've just discovered that halten.pk7 crashes in the latest build of GZdoom. It runs fine in the current Zdoom build though. Wondering if you can reproduce this? It occurs as soon as I choose skill level and hit enter. All your other .pk7s play fine in GZdoom as well.

Here's the crash report, which is incomprehensible to me but maybe useful to you?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spoiler:
idfreak

Post by idfreak »

Here's something interesting from the tail end of the "log.rtf" document GZdoom generated:

Playing demo DEMO1
Cannot play non-GZDoom demos.
Playing demo DEMO2

No idea if this is useful... :(
armymen12002003
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by armymen12002003 »

idfreak wrote:Here's something interesting from the tail end of the "log.rtf" document GZdoom generated:

Playing demo DEMO1
Playing demo DEMO2

No idea if this is useful... :(
Umm you kno there is a edit button right?
idfreak

Post by idfreak »

I'm sorry, are you a mod? If not, maybe you could try to help with the actual issue at hand.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”