Laz Rojas' WolfenDoom for ZDoom [v1.32]

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: [Release] Laz Rojas' WolfenDoom for ZDoom

Post by wildweasel »

durbdoogle wrote:That would be awesome! If I had any modding talent at all I'd look into it but all I can do is play and enjoy a modder's work. I understand you are busy with your main project though :) I'd also ask Wildweasel but I'm just a newbie here and doubt he'd look into it and I'm sure he's cooking up another crazy mod and has moved on from "Doom Nazis!"
Sorry, I haven't really been working on anything for the last several months aside from minor, sporadic updates to a sounds pack for personal use that I'll probably never bother turning into a full mod.
durbdoogle

Post by durbdoogle »

wildweasel wrote: Sorry, I haven't really been working on anything for the last several months aside from minor, sporadic updates to a sounds pack for personal use that I'll probably never bother turning into a full mod.
Call it "The Smooth Sounds of the Weasel" if you do release it. :lol:

Anyway, if you happen to get bored and want to take a look into the compatibility, I'm sure many Doomers would appreciate it :)
wildweasel
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Well, to be honest, WW-Nazis was always intended to be taken on its own, to be combined with map wads (especially Epic2) and not with existing Wolfenstein content. If such a patch does get made, I'm unlikely to be the one that makes it, but if it can be done as a simple add-on patch, I'd support whoever made it.
Fox666

Post by Fox666 »

What I never liked about WolfenDoom is how the shotgun rate of fire was increased to look the machine gun from Wolfenstein, and it turned out into a unfairly powerful weapon. It would have been a way better idea to use the shotgun and replace the Shotgun Guy with the SS. That would also allow the Doom SS to be replaced with another regular enemy, and there wouldn't be Officers dropping chainguns...
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

I have also noticed the machineguns being OP in these addons. Maybe I can try compensating this by decreasing damage of single bullets. In many packs I already tried to change it a bit to the better as these weapons previously fired shotgun bursts in rapid succession. Ofc that made them ridiculously powerful, you would basically never use any other weapon as these are dealing one-hits all the time.

With DECORATE, you can change this to single-bullet shots, but then it's still about bullet damage and fire rate. Gonna try to find a satisfying balance in a future release without nerfing it too much.
Caleb26

Post by Caleb26 »

Wiw wrote:
durbdoogle wrote:
Wiw wrote: I have. It works for the most part, although some of the atmospheric effects do appear as Geists. At the start of Second Encounter, for an example. Also there's one such effect that manifests itself into that guy in the chair at the start of Eisenmann. Not to mention some of the fountains are replaced with statues of the bosses, but they don't really do anything.
Oh neat. That's not too terrible. Kinda Wolfen fever dream. You can progress through levels normally? Like no issues with keys or whatever? Thanks for the reply too :)
No issues with keys for the most part. The only exception is the SoD Lost Levels and Revisited; the keys won't open the doors even if you have them. On top of that, Revisited has graphical errors too.
What? I've made them and played them several times from beginning to the end and I've never experienced any problems with keys. (using gzdoom rev. 1526). I haven't experience any graphical errors in SOD REVISITED. And there are very little errors in LOst Levels. I've no idea why NightFright had to use dehacked when everything was all right - keys were not flashing they were ok.
YukesVonFaust

Post by YukesVonFaust »

Caleb26 wrote: What? I've made them and played them several times from beginning to the end and I've never experienced any problems with keys. (using gzdoom rev. 1526). I haven't experience any graphical errors in SOD REVISITED. And there are very little errors in LOst Levels. I've no idea why NightFright had to use dehacked when everything was all right - keys were not flashing they were ok.
Maybe their Graphics Cards are old yet outdated.
Fox666

Post by Fox666 »

NightFright wrote:I have also noticed the machineguns being OP in these addons. Maybe I can try compensating this by decreasing damage of single bullets. In many packs I already tried to change it a bit to the better as these weapons previously fired shotgun bursts in rapid succession. Ofc that made them ridiculously powerful, you would basically never use any other weapon as these are dealing one-hits all the time.

With DECORATE, you can change this to single-bullet shots, but then it's still about bullet damage and fire rate. Gonna try to find a satisfying balance in a future release without nerfing it too much.
Can you just not make the weapons as close as possible to the original Wolfenstein? =X
Last edited by Fox666 on Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

Most of the WolfenDoom addons don't use original Wolfenstein weaponry. I can try where it makes sense to do so, but in general I think it's better to just try to prevent players from using just one weapon because that's the only one they would ever need.
idfreak

Post by idfreak »

Just wanted to quickly note that halten.pk7 now works fine with the latest build of GZdoom. :)
armymen12002003
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by armymen12002003 »

I don't know if your aware of this but in v1.11 of the spear of destiny the lost episodes these skulls and bones was blocking many places that i was forced to noclip through please fix.
Attachments
Screenshot_Doom_20151019_071050.png
Last edited by armymen12002003 on Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
NightFright
Spotlight Team

SoD: The Lost Episodes v1.12

Post by NightFright »

Interesting. I really need to play this one day so I can see for myself if everything is right with it.

Anyway, I have removed the solid state for this actor (BLOOD_SKELETON) in the DECORATE code.

SoD: The Lost Episodes v1.12 (4.1 MB)

See if it works now. Important: You may have to restart the game and load the problematic maps for the fix to take effect, it may not work with existing savegames if you used v1.11 before.
Last edited by NightFright on Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
armymen12002003

Ok ill give it a try later see if it works
armymen12002003

ok i just tried it and works now thanks man
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

Thanks a lot for the report! If you find anything else during your playthrough, be sure to let me know. I usually try to address showstopper issues like this one immediately. Later on, I will see what I can do about adding bonus stuff (sprite rotations, weapons etc) once I have more time for it again. ^^

In the first post, you can now find a direct link to the fixed addons available so far (Second Encounter 1.02, SoD Lost Episodes 1.12, The Portal 1.1). Additionally, I have updated the first mirror link as it appeared to be down.
Last edited by NightFright on Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”