Laz Rojas' WolfenDoom for ZDoom [v1.32]

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Wiw
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [Release] Laz Rojas' WolfenDoom for ZDoom

Post by Wiw »

You are a marvel, NightFright! The WolfenDoom WADs were the reason I first got Doom II in the first place, I being attached to Wolfenstein 3D and all. And these rereleases function better too! The only qualms I have with it so far is 1: the different faces in 2nd Encounter, as shown above, but that'll be fixed - and 2: in Arctic Wolf, the guards are easily gibbed by an STGW-44, at least on the lowest skill setting - on higher settings it seems okay. Anyway, great stuff!
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Second Encounter v1.02

Post by NightFright »

For those of you who cannot wait, here is an updated version of Second Encounter with the following fixes:
- Statusbar mugshot not changing any more
- Statusbar ammo text corrected: "SHEL" now "MAG"

Second Encounter v1.02 (2.5 MB)

See if it works properly for you now. Basically all I did was to remove the mugshot images from my fix file to use the ones from the original wad only.

Regarding StGW in Arctic Wolf:
I have also noticed this, but right now I dunno how to approach this issue. I could reduce the damage of the weapon in general, but then it would also affect higher difficulties. Is there a way to affect damage of one specific weapon only for certain difficulty modes?
Last edited by NightFright on Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wiw

Post by Wiw »

I suppose you could give the guards just a few more hit points, just enough to keep them from getting gibbed. Not sure, might need a little experimentation.
Wiw

Post by Wiw »

I should probably warn you that some of the mods crash in GZDoom - I've had crashes on Astrostein 2 and 3, and Halten Sie so far. It's mainly down to access violations or something, I've attached a crash report so you can check it out. It works fine in ZDoom though. Might just be the version of GZDoom I'm using.
Attachments
CrashReport.zip
(23.04 KiB) Downloaded 75 times
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

Please note (again) that I am not involved in (G)ZDoom coding and therefore cannot look into issues that obviously originate from changes applied to the port after the release of this collection.

What you should also try is to run the mod only with the original wad (without the addon wad I created) and see if it still crashes, so you see if it's a general issue or something that I did later on. One way or the other, you would need to head over to the bugs section and report it with more details about the version you use, the error you are receiving, eventually hardware configuration and so on.
GreenDoomguy1999

Post by GreenDoomguy1999 »

You also need a lot of fixes in portal.pk7
1.Sprites of teleportation all in the game
2.No random sounds ( when taking first-aid kits , keys , etc.)
3.pistol and chaingun are still using the Doom sounds and sprites
4.Sprites of soldier ( which replaces zombieman) have small errors , namely a cap (or it ) periodically replaced by a helmet
5.Sprites tearing the meat from a SS soldier( SS soldier uses sprites from the original Wolfenstein 3D)
Attachments
Screenshot_Doom_20150709_154830.jpg
A few lost pixels in sprite
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Instead of "You need", what about "I spotted, would you be so kind"?
GreenDoomguy1999

Post by GreenDoomguy1999 »

Tormentor667 wrote:Instead of "You need", what about "I spotted, would you be so kind"?
Sorry, my English is bad, and so get this nonsense
durbdoogle

Post by durbdoogle »

Just discovered this. Thanks for your work. I remember playing these mods way back when :) Hey, here's a crazy thought. Is this version of WolfenDoom compatible with wildweasel's Nazi's mod? How cool would that be!? It would add a little variety to Wolf's enemies and gameplay. Has anyone attempted it? I'd try it but I'm away from my PC for the next week or so. Thanks again NightFright :D
Wiw

Post by Wiw »

durbdoogle wrote:Just discovered this. Thanks for your work. I remember playing these mods way back when :) Hey, here's a crazy thought. Is this version of WolfenDoom compatible with wildweasel's Nazi's mod? How cool would that be!? It would add a little variety to Wolf's enemies and gameplay. Has anyone attempted it? I'd try it but I'm away from my PC for the next week or so. Thanks again NightFright :D
I have. It works for the most part, although some of the atmospheric effects do appear as Geists. At the start of Second Encounter, for an example. Also there's one such effect that manifests itself into that guy in the chair at the start of Eisenmann. Not to mention some of the fountains are replaced with statues of the bosses, but they don't really do anything.
durbdoogle

Post by durbdoogle »

Wiw wrote: I have. It works for the most part, although some of the atmospheric effects do appear as Geists. At the start of Second Encounter, for an example. Also there's one such effect that manifests itself into that guy in the chair at the start of Eisenmann. Not to mention some of the fountains are replaced with statues of the bosses, but they don't really do anything.
Oh neat. That's not too terrible. Kinda Wolfen fever dream. You can progress through levels normally? Like no issues with keys or whatever? Thanks for the reply too :)
SamuraiSTALIN

Post by SamuraiSTALIN »

This is freaking awesome! Now if only this were compatible with Weasel's "Nazis!".
Wiw

Post by Wiw »

durbdoogle wrote:
Wiw wrote: I have. It works for the most part, although some of the atmospheric effects do appear as Geists. At the start of Second Encounter, for an example. Also there's one such effect that manifests itself into that guy in the chair at the start of Eisenmann. Not to mention some of the fountains are replaced with statues of the bosses, but they don't really do anything.
Oh neat. That's not too terrible. Kinda Wolfen fever dream. You can progress through levels normally? Like no issues with keys or whatever? Thanks for the reply too :)
No issues with keys for the most part. The only exception is the SoD Lost Levels and Revisited; the keys won't open the doors even if you have them. On top of that, Revisited has graphical errors too.
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

But only if you use that mod, right? Without it should work fine. Or I need to find myself some strong rope with a tree. :P (Dunno how you can make both compatible, though. Never thought about modding all this actually. Maybe Weasel can check if it's possible.)

I will look into all the issues you write about, but I am currently still working on my other project for Duke3D, so this may take a while.
durbdoogle

Post by durbdoogle »

NightFright wrote:But only if you use that mod, right? Without it should work fine. Or I need to find myself some strong rope with a tree. :P (Dunno how you can make both compatible, though. Never thought about modding all this actually. Maybe Weasel can check if it's possible.)

I will look into all the issues you write about, but I am currently still working on my other project for Duke3D, so this may take a while.
That would be awesome! If I had any modding talent at all I'd look into it but all I can do is play and enjoy a modder's work. I understand you are busy with your main project though :) I'd also ask Wildweasel but I'm just a newbie here and doubt he'd look into it and I'm sure he's cooking up another crazy mod and has moved on from "Doom Nazis!"

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”