Re: [v2.1.1] Eriguns - Now with 100% more SWORDS!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Xaser

Re: [v2.1.1] Eriguns - Now with 100% more SWORDS!

Post by Xaser »

It's Eriguns v2.1.1! Two mods!
Download stuff here!
It's also on GitHub too for some reason

v3.2.1 of GZDoom required. Older ones make the Irebolt crash. If you report this as a bug in this thread, then you are a wet noodle.

• what the is this
eriguns is a simple-ish weaponmoddy thing that takes ErianceAmuscaria's kickass Demon Eclipse weapon sprites and puts a xaseriffic code-y spin on 'em. it's basically just a thing i made once because i liked the sprites but then i released it and some other folks liked it too so das cool i guess
  • okay cool, i've seen this though, what's new
there's two erigunses now! eriguns1.pk3 is the DE-EP1 weapons (with two weaponsets; Standard offers same behavior as Doom2's arsenal while Extended has some extra goodies), and there's a brand-new eriguns2.pk3 that has the E2 weaps with a bunch of cool new behaviors and a tome of power equivalent that replaces the blur sphere. check it; its tight
  • anything else?
well, raven+strife is coming in v1.2 fosho; also, this is the first release of eriguns2 so it's probably got bugs/balance issues, so feedbackify dis thread so i can be mr.fix-it
  • credits dammit
Eriance o' course, Kate for machinegun+supershotgun sounds in eriguns1, and prolly some other folk I'll list once my memory stops sucking
  • are you going to make a real post with details and screenshots n' shit
at some point, yes -- but i'm braindead ATM and it's either post this now or wait for like three daysYEARS so I'm just gonna post it

tl;dr: Image is a thing. play it
  • enjoy, biatchicles
Last edited by Xaser on Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:42 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Carbine Dioxide

Re: [v1.1] Eriguns 1&2

Post by Carbine Dioxide »

Awesome! A tribute to Eriance's masterpieces!
Slax
... in rememberance ...

Post by Slax »

Totally didn't misread that as DrugGuns. Nope.

Anyway, testing later.
Last edited by Slax on Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hellser
Global Moderator
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Hellser »

A quick test with the weapons: I'm going to have some fun later. Thanks for barfing this up, Xaser. Please, barf some more. :)
SyntherAugustus

Post by SyntherAugustus »

What is the Slot 5 weapon in Eriguns 2 supposed to do? I'm trying the secondary fire and I get a Z_floorcheck is not an inventory error.
Matsilagi
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Matsilagi »

Amazing. Really liked EriGuns 2. Probably gonna finish D1 with it instead of EriGuns.
Xtyfe
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Xtyfe »

Oh nice he actually finished the auto shotgun. Shame that he didn't do a railgun though
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

blackfish wrote:What is the Slot 5 weapon in Eriguns 2 supposed to do? I'm trying the secondary fire and I get a Z_floorcheck is not an inventory error.
Er, do you mean the Slot 6 weapon (Irebolt)? Slot 5 (Mauler) doesn't have a secondary fire.

Should've mentioned, the mod requires a recentish Devbuild of ZDoom. Trying again with the latest revision (pre-1312), I'm getting no issues with it.
SAraisXenoQueen

Post by SAraisXenoQueen »

Ah, good. hopefully these will become more widespread. Demonic-themed weapons are something there's a serious lack of in DOOM wads...

I was more partial to the organic/old styled weapons like the scourer, gorewyrm, and the like (most of which had to be cheated via summoning/give codes). but that's just me.
SyntherAugustus

Xaser wrote:
blackfish wrote:What is the Slot 5 weapon in Eriguns 2 supposed to do? I'm trying the secondary fire and I get a Z_floorcheck is not an inventory error.
Er, do you mean the Slot 6 weapon (Irebolt)? Slot 5 (Mauler) doesn't have a secondary fire.

Should've mentioned, the mod requires a recentish Devbuild of ZDoom. Trying again with the latest revision (pre-1312), I'm getting no issues with it.
That explains it. It works with the latest ZDoom but not with the latest GZDoom (3-15-15 build)
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

Latest-Devbuild GZDoom works fine for me too. Can you be more specific about the error? Screenshots/crash dumps if it's crashing? Might also be an autoload problem, if you have any of those.
Shadez12

Post by Shadez12 »

I got this error while loading eriguns2.pk3 with GZDoom 1.9pre-828
Spoiler:
eriguns1.pk3 works fine though.
SyntherAugustus

Xaser wrote:Latest-Devbuild GZDoom works fine for me too. Can you be more specific about the error? Screenshots/crash dumps if it's crashing? Might also be an autoload problem, if you have any of those.
http://imgur.com/EnYgyob if that helps.

Edit: Found the culprit. It's a confliction with GZ-Qtilt. Thanks for the autoload idea. I keep forgetting it's even loaded.
Last edited by SyntherAugustus on Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

the Irebolt secondary fire (which explodes the bolts it fires, right?) works just fine for me too, and i'm using the latest development build of GZDoom, too.
zrrion the insect

Post by zrrion the insect »

I found a bug: hold the altfire of the Tomed sword and when the tome runes out the altfire does not stop until you release the altfire.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”