Resident Evil code name Hunk [released demo v1.2]

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: [WIP] Resident Evil B.O.W. nation (gzdoom)

Postby DOOMERO-21 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:35 pm

Here a new video showing more rooms and cutscenes!
DOOMERO-21

Postby YukesVonFaust » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:05 pm

Dr. Young looks good though.
also, Nemesis FTW!
YukesVonFaust
Give Me a Shake...

Discord: Yukes von Faust#9009
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit

Postby Jaxxoon R » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:20 am

Neat. I really like this a lot, especially the goofy voice acting--- It's just so true to the originals. It's like Resident Evil 4 was made a generation early, it's awesome. I didn't know Nemesis was a cyborg, though. I guess that comes from my having never played Res-E 3.

But I think it's kinda cheap to reuse the "goin up the stairs" animation for when Hunk goes downstairs, and the name is kind of... B.O.W. Nation sound like some kind of car plaza special event sale. The Res-E subtitles tend to use singular 'spooky' words or ones that end in "-ation", and sure nation does... but it still doesn't quite sound Resident Evil.
Jaxxoon R

Postby DOOMERO-21 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:03 am

Jaxxoon R wrote:Neat. I really like this a lot, especially the goofy voice acting--- It's just so true to the originals. It's like Resident Evil 4 was made a generation early, it's awesome. I didn't know Nemesis was a cyborg, though. I guess that comes from my having never played Res-E 3.

But I think it's kinda cheap to reuse the "goin up the stairs" animation for when Hunk goes downstairs, and the name is kind of... B.O.W. Nation sound like some kind of car plaza special event sale. The Res-E subtitles tend to use singular 'spooky' words or ones that end in "-ation", and sure nation does... but it still doesn't quite sound Resident Evil.

Yes dude, i need to change the downstairs animation, also the old name was "dead nation", but i removed for not confuse with the other zombie game.
DOOMERO-21

Postby BFG » Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:01 pm

this is so cool and works well with the Doom engines level code, I wonder why nobody thought of this before?
BFG

Postby jdredalert » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:40 pm

Jaxxoon R wrote: I didn't know Nemesis was a cyborg, though. I guess that comes from my having never played Res-E 3.

In fact, Nemesis is not a cyborg. He's a different kind of Tyrant B.O.W., made to retain the T-Virus infected host's intelligence and ability to accomplish missions by following orders. He is fused with an experimental parasite called the NE-alpha which is responsible for Nemesis' the tentacles and the intelligence (the parasite basically becomes a second brain to the host). That "Terminator like" vision was first inserted in one of the Paul W.S. Anderson's Resident Evil movies, and that's probably why Doomero used it.

The fun fact is, Nemesis derives from the T-103 series of Tyrants (the ones we see in Resident Evil 2, commonly called as "Mr. X"), which the concept of a ruthless, unstoppable killer pursuer was inspired from - guess what - the first Terminator movie.
jdredalert
Doom, until the end.

Postby Jaxxoon R » Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:20 am

Ah, I see. I read a bit about early RE canon, it's just the red terminator-esq HUD threw me off, so I figured it was just something I missed.
Jaxxoon R

Postby RUNSABER » Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:43 pm

Mr. X was pure awesome. The Terminator view is cool and to be expected, - I don't see it changing any time soon, and it's a wonderful concept! He is a killing machine after all, one I spent many times dodging in cramped precinct halls and back-alley corridors. Talk about a real nightmare.

I recently played your Mercenaries mod for Zandronum, and I have a few questions..

Is it based around the same code, or is this mod's code modified? If so, will we see easy usability for setting up controls, keyboard play, etc? Various key-binding made playing it on Zandro a chore, with Jump being run, and Run bring sprint, it was confusing. I do enjoy the tank-based gameplay and mechanics, something I've fell in love with since Resident Evil 1.

Lastly, How far will you go in creating side-rooms, non-linear areas to explore in search of ammo, game lore and probably easter eggs? While completing linear objectives is 100% what I want, chasing the game lore's story through text documents would be cool too. I spent hours just reading documents from RE1, 2, 3, CV and REmake's 0, I'll never forget the ominous feeling I get from experiencing what the writer was going through. It's the same feeling I got from reading the document in your video.
RUNSABER
Battlehammer God

Postby jdredalert » Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:43 am

RUNSABER wrote:I'll never forget the ominous feeling I get from experiencing what the writer was going through.

I'll second that. "Itchy Tasty" still gives me goosebumps
jdredalert
Doom, until the end.

Postby DOOMERO-21 » Mon May 04, 2015 7:46 pm

This is a new progress, the first battle between Hunk and Nemesis.
DOOMERO-21

Postby YukesVonFaust » Mon May 04, 2015 7:59 pm

*after watching this video*
It was a perfect "Itchy Tasty" update!
YukesVonFaust
Give Me a Shake...

Discord: Yukes von Faust#9009
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit

Postby BonnieGoody » Fri May 08, 2015 4:13 am

DOOMERO-21 wrote:

This is a new progress, the first battle between Hunk and Nemesis.

Nemesis doesn't really put up much of a fight. If he's like this every time, he's going to need to sit in the corner and cry.

I haven't played that game in a long time, but from what I remember he always took a lot of damage and often started running at you.

Are you still working on the project with Claire in it, that replicates the old pre-RE4 gameplay? I found that one interesting too, since it also replicated the monsters from those in Doom.
BonnieGoody

Postby DOOMERO-21 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:34 am

i have a problem with fraps, but i recorded with a hand camera the new progress, the changes are:

-added new sectors (church and restaurant)
-Nemesis can run
-changed the voice of goblin six

i cant guarantee, but a friend know the actor who make the voice of Hunk on umbrella chronicles, dark side chronicles and operation raccoon city called Keith Silverstein, he will talk with him and show him this project, i hope he accept the offer for be Hunk in this mod (well i am using his voice and editing with audacity, but is not the same when you already count him as Hunk).
Last edited by DOOMERO-21 on Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
DOOMERO-21

Postby jdredalert » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:37 am

It's good to see you're still among the living. :D
jdredalert
Doom, until the end.

Postby DOOMERO-21 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:40 am

jdredalert wrote:It's good to see you're still among the living. :D

Well i was busy with my final exam, thanks to god, now i am a professional, a biochemist. Now i have more time (2 weeks of holidays).
DOOMERO-21

PreviousNext

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects