Paranoiac Released [2017-03-31]: Download Page 1

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: Paranoiac Released [2017-03-31]: Download Page 1

Post by Rachael »

Ed the Bat wrote:Said project is even linked in the post before BFG's.
There's nothing like that harrowing moment when you realize your question was answered in the very last post of the thread before you asked it. ;) :twisted:
Ed the Bat
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ed the Bat »

Oh gosh, did I spoil the surprise? :3:
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

Nah, here's a bag of popcorn. :P
enderandrew

Post by enderandrew »

Stupid question. This is a sequel to Paranoid. I was looking to download that and give it a try first. I see references that Ed the Bat has done great work on Paranoid Gold. Is that a remake or updated version of Paranoid? Is it out yet, or that is what people are referencing that might be announced/released soon?
Ed the Bat
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ed the Bat »

Paranoiac can be considered more of an 'Episode 2' than a sequel. Parnoid Gold combines both episodes, on top of giving the whole thing a major overhaul. It's not officially released, but a 'beta' version can be downloaded from the Github page, linked above.
enderandrew

Post by enderandrew »

Thanks for the clarification!
Mere_Duke

Post by Mere_Duke »

Rachael wrote:That's already being done in a future project that combines the two.
Anyway thx for the work for those who commit, I dunno why I've enjoyed it so much since there are tons of half-life mods out there on moddb, but I fell in love with that sprited headcrabs.
And thx for the link to the repository, I'll give it a try.

:D I want more levels
Spoiler:
ReX

Post by ReX »

Mere_Duke wrote::D I want more levels
Five new levels are in development (2.5 of which have been completed). They follow a different, but related, storyline. Those levels are planned for release with the release of Paranoid Gold, but are playable with the already-released versions. Stay tuned.

Although it was not specifically stated by Ed or Rachael, Paranoid Gold replaces all enemy and HUD weapon sprites with models. In addition, Ed has cleaned up many of the existing models, converted all ACS to ZScript, and implemented co-op play in all maps. Plus a boat-load of other stuff.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”