Paranoiac Released [2017-03-31]: Download Page 1

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Ed the Bat
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Paranoiac Nearing Completion [New Pics 2016-04-04]

Post by Ed the Bat »

When I made revisions to Paranoid, I took steps to ensure co-op would function, including making all scripts account for multiple players, and adding multiple player spawns to each map (which, as of recently, is not strictly necessary thanks to ZDoom adding new accommodations engine-side). I never got a chance to test my work, since my friends no longer play with me. Long story short, it can certainly be done, I did it in Paranoid (as far as I'm aware), and I'd be happy to help realize it in Paranoiac, if there is interest.
Miguel371xd

Post by Miguel371xd »

ok thx ReX for the help im downloading paranoid :D
ReX

Post by ReX »

Ed the Bat wrote:When I made revisions to Paranoid, I took steps to ensure co-op would function, including making all scripts account for multiple players, and adding multiple player spawns to each map (which, as of recently, is not strictly necessary thanks to ZDoom adding new accommodations engine-side). I never got a chance to test my work, since my friends no longer play with me. Long story short, it can certainly be done, I did it in Paranoid (as far as I'm aware), and I'd be happy to help realize it in Paranoiac, if there is interest.
Yes, I do recall your work for Paranoid.

Personally, as I am not a co-op player, I don't have much incentive to undertake the additional work needed to introduce co-op. However, as you are volunteering, I would strongly consider integrating co-op into the game that is released. Let's start a different discussion (initially via PM and then, possibly through the DRDTeam forums for the project). Thanks.
Luigi2600

Post by Luigi2600 »

I'm curious about who you're playing as in the mod. Will it be gordon himself? or will we be continuing as Rolf in paranoiac's plot. Either way I'm excited about how this mod is going. :)
ReX

Post by ReX »

Luigi2600 wrote:I'm curious about who you're playing as in the mod. Will it be gordon himself? or will we be continuing as Rolf in paranoiac's plot.
You'll be playing as Rolf Bellmer, as he tries to escape from Black Mesa. [The TITLEMAP "video" sets up the story for the sequel.]
Luigi2600

Post by Luigi2600 »

Will this feature the clean suit scientists in one level by any chance.
ReX

Post by ReX »

Luigi2600 wrote:Will this feature the clean suit scientists in one level by any chance.
There will be clean suit scientists, but not in the same way as Maps01 and 02 in Paranoid (with one exception, which you'll get to see in Map15). Keeping in mind that the Black Mesa complex has been devastated by the "resonance cascade" caused by Gordon Freeman, and that critters from Xen are porting in to create havoc, the scientists are no longer walking around calmly, saying shit like: "Yes. This appears to be nominal."

And as an update, Paranoiac is, indeed, nearing completion. Honest. I am almost done with mapping for the last of the 12 "main" maps. I still have one of the two bonus maps that I need to complete, but I'll save that for when the Team is beta-testing the main maps.
Luigi2600

Post by Luigi2600 »

ReX wrote:
Luigi2600 wrote:Will this feature the clean suit scientists in one level by any chance.
There will be clean suit scientists, but not in the same way as Maps01 and 02 in Paranoid (with one exception, which you'll get to see in Map15). Keeping in mind that the Black Mesa complex has been devastated by the "resonance cascade" caused by Gordon Freeman, and that critters from Xen are porting in to create havoc, the scientists are no longer walking around calmly, saying shit like: "Yes. This appears to be nominal."

And as an update, Paranoiac is, indeed, nearing completion. Honest. I am almost done with mapping for the last of the 12 "main" maps. I still have one of the two bonus maps that I need to complete, but I'll save that for when the Team is beta-testing the main maps.
If you want I could beta test Paranoiac once you're done with the build. I'm pretty excited for this as I love paranoid in fact I think it's personally one of the best Doom mods ever created.
ReX

Post by ReX »

Ed the Bat wrote:... I'd be happy to help realize it in Paranoiac, if there is interest.
Ed, we're still working on the single-player aspects of the game. However, we'll gladly accept your offer once we're done.
Luigi2600 wrote:If you want I could beta test Paranoiac once you're done with the build.
Stand by, Luigi.
Luigi2600

Post by Luigi2600 »

Will the mod still be released if it happens to get cancelled, I personally think that would be a good enough idea so people can still enjoy the mod.

Also speaking of which it seems paranoid is getting slightly popular after Doom Mod Madness covered it.

ReX

Post by ReX »

Luigi2600 wrote:Will the mod still be released if it happens to get cancelled, I personally think that would be a good enough idea so people can still enjoy the mod.
Patience, my young padawan. Too many people have put in too much work for this project not to see the light of day. The new music, alone, is worth the price of admission (metaphorically speaking, of course. Heh.) It's just that Real Life has a nasty tendency to intrude on the best laid plans of mice & men.
Also speaking of which it seems paranoid is getting slightly popular after Doom Mod Madness covered it.

Thanks for bringing this to light
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

ReX wrote:It's just that Real Life has a nasty tendency to intrude on the best laid plans of mice & men.
Seems all too appropriate that Real Life is Half-Life's worst enemy. =P
JimpArgon

Post by JimpArgon »

wildweasel wrote:Seems all too appropriate that Real Life is Half-Life's worst enemy. =P
Do I sense a Half Life 3 joke in that statement? :lol:
demo_the_man

Post by demo_the_man »

JimpArgon wrote:
wildweasel wrote:Seems all too appropriate that Real Life is Half-Life's worst enemy. =P
Do I sense a Half Life 3 joke in that statement? :lol:
and a jab at black mesa too i bet.
PlayerLin
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support
Location: XinZhuang, XinBei/New Taipei City(Former Taipei County), Taiwan.

Post by PlayerLin »

demo_the_man wrote: and a jab at black mesa too i bet.
But unlike HL3, the Black Mesa did released, just not the part of Xen yet.

Yeah, whatever. :p

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”