Building a Blackthorne simulator on zdoom

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
DOOMERO-21

Building a Blackthorne simulator on zdoom

Post by DOOMERO-21 »

Well i have plans for make "i codified and you create the level", in fact build a level is very easy, the hard part is create all the char actions, enemies, items, etc. i think 70% of the char actions are done. Can be played online, i can´t imagine a coop with this. Well if you not know the original blackthorne i put a video:

original:

zdoom:

Well a friend told me Blackthorne combine very good with Hexen resources, maybe i can include enemies and texture from Hexen and combining with Blackthorne textures.
Last edited by DOOMERO-21 on Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Valherran

Re: Building a Blackthorne simulator on zdoom

Post by Valherran »

Oh wow, I remember that game! :lol:
RikohZX

Post by RikohZX »

Seems like the two major quirks right now are the hitboxes on the character and the Doom momentum with movement. Great progress in recreating a game relatively well otherwise, though.
DOOMERO-21

Post by DOOMERO-21 »

Magic bridge added =) thanks to Seidolon, ibm5155, Enjay and edward850 for solve the idea.
GuardStrike

Post by GuardStrike »

Well damn. Now I want a DOOM version of Prince of Persia.

Imagine the multiplayer. You and other players race to the dungeon exit while carefully getting through all the traps and defeating all the guards together.
Peter Bark

Post by Peter Bark »

this is incredible... do you know what game can also be created the same as this?
Spoiler:
SigFloyd

Post by SigFloyd »

Speaking of Blackthorne, as much as I'd like to see a new one made, I loathe to see what modern Blizzard would do with it.
Ozymandias81
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ozymandias81 »

WOW, that's simply amazing! Do you know that you can waggle 3d sectors, too?

Well, stop chit-chatting! I WANT A DEMO NOW! WHERE IS IT!?!? I NEED IT!!!! :lol:
Zanieon
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Zanieon »

omg doomero, how much the compiled ACS costs to do this now? 15 Megs?

well, besides the jokes i do with your ACS, good work again and i hope see my request of Metal Slug soon ^^
DOOMERO-21

Post by DOOMERO-21 »

added the levitator, but this is a little different from the original, you can´t use the levitator on any areas, but can be added on specific places, the mechanism is this:

like the bridges, i included 15 levitators actors (with different tid), for example levitatorl921, is necessary create a sector with area of 10x10 and tag 921, the levitator actor need to be on that area. Close to the levitator exist another who cancel the raise floor and the sector back to the floor. And finally a custominventory of levitator921 can be pick up for activate the sector area. Is not necessary press use button, only is needed touch the levitator on the area after of pick up the custom inventory (i not used player hits floor for that, the levitator give a inventory to the player for activate the raise floor).
Peter Bark

Post by Peter Bark »

this blows my mind! I hope more people see this thread, this is the future of Doom.
I would love to make a mod based on your code.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”