[Wolfenstein: Blade of Agony] v3.1 released (p204)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: [WolfenDoom] Blade of Agony (new shots page 45)

Postby Tormentor667 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:23 am

Yes, actually.

Many light-settings use dynamic lights instead of sector based stuff. I am pretty sure that C1M0 will kill any old-fashioned machine without an up to date hardware.
Tormentor667
needs more detail

Postby demo_the_man » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:32 am

Yeah Dynamic lights can cuase even newer computers to die. I played a mapset with a large amount of enemys with enhaced lighting(torches and sprite lights glow) and my computer began to bleed frames. Still wolfBoa is looking great. Have you guys considered making it for gloom and putting it up as a standalone?
demo_the_man
Did i ever tell ye the story of me old bones?

Discord: demo_the_man#8942

Postby Tormentor667 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:46 am

Considering that BoA is based on Wolfenstein3D and Doom, I doubt it would make sense basing it on Gloom. But I haven't thought about this any further, I don't even know exactly what Gloom is all about (just read a few things)
Tormentor667
needs more detail

Postby wildweasel » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:46 am

Tormentor667 wrote:Considering that BoA is based on Wolfenstein3D and Doom, I doubt it would make sense basing it on Gloom. But I haven't thought about this any further, I don't even know exactly what Gloom is all about (just read a few things)

Since Gloome's primary purpose is to make the creation of standalone games easier, I'm not sure that fits with this project. We'd essentially have to recreate large chunks of the content.
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby Captain J » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:53 am

Tormentor667 wrote:It's a silencer, isn't it?
it is, and i bet it would help to make enemies die very quiet. but i'm not sure that officially silenced luger was existed during the ww2, except customized ones.

but oh whaddahell, nazis did created too many futuristic yet wacky weapons and vehicles at wolfenstein series.
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby osjclatchford » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:28 am

Tormentor667 wrote:It's a silencer, isn't it?

Well it doesn't have to be silenced... I could easily edit that off... just thought you might prefer better hand to gun transition on the sprites themselves and an actual reload anim...
osjclatchford

Postby Koto » Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:59 pm

My two cents, a LANGUAGE lump in spanish for BoA. Hope you like it Torm.
Koto
El conocimiento engendra sufrimiento

Discord: Kotometal#6085
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: [WolfenDoom] Blade of Agony (spoilers page 49)

Postby Tormentor667 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:01 pm

New shots from C1M0 - Warning, spoilers :)
Spoiler:
Tormentor667
needs more detail

Postby Koto » Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:20 pm

I never get tired of saying that this is incredible. I recently downloaded the alpha from GitHub and i'm improving the spanish language lump in there.
Koto
El conocimiento engendra sufrimiento

Discord: Kotometal#6085
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Postby Lycaon » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:49 pm

This blew my mind unlike anything you've ever released. Great job all of you.

I have a problem on the second mission though. I downloaded the demo from http://www.moddb.com/mods/blade-of-agony/downloads/blade-of-agony-beta-v095, I get drastic freezes that render the game unplayable as soon as the second mission starts. The first time it was really bad, I couldn't even move, then I loaded the game again and it worked better, but still buggy. Each time, when I quit the game, I had a crash report. It didn't crash completely, the crash emssage appeared after I quit the game manually. My computer can't be the problem, It runs modern fps just fine. It has Windows XP though, could this be the problem?
Lycaon
Black Metal

Postby wildweasel » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:10 pm

Lycaon wrote:My computer can't be the problem, It runs modern fps just fine. It has Windows XP though, could this be the problem?

This actually doesn't mean anything about how well you can run GZDoom. GZDoom is very, very different from what a modern engine does. What are the specs on your computer? CPU, GPU, RAM, that sort of thing?
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby Lycaon » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:24 pm

I have 4 gb ram, a gtx 650 ti geforce (1gb vram but a lot of cuda cores), a Core 2 Duo microprocessor at 3.14 ghz.

Also, I tried downloading the new demo from github but it won't load. I drag the zip into GZDoom but it doesn't work. I tried unziping it and dragging the folder but it doesn't work as well.

EDIT: this is the error "Script error, ":mapinfo.txt" line 252:
DoomEdNums: Unknown top level keyword"
Lycaon
Black Metal

Postby wildweasel » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:32 pm

Are you running the latest development build of GZDoom?
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby Lycaon » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:35 pm

No, I usually stick with the latest official version, i have 2.0.05. I'll give that a try. Just now, I tried the map again and it worked even better. It seems each time i load the second map, it has more fps, even under the rain. This is what makes me think that it might be an optimization issue of some sort. I'm no expert, but as far as I can tell, if my specs are the problem, the map should always run the same... then again, i'm taking a guess here
Lycaon
Black Metal

Postby Lycaon » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:59 pm

The new version seems to do the trick with the rain/snow options, but there's something wierd about it. NPC's like the merchant and the general start wandering around the map, and the first mission starts at the end, already inside the laboratory, like you placed a second player 1 start to test that part and didn't remove it afterwards.
Lycaon
Black Metal

PreviousNext

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects