[Wolfenstein: Blade of Agony] v3.1 released (p204)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: [Wolfenstein: Blade of Agony] v3.1 released (p204)

Postby Colerx » Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:32 am

Coop would be awesome! I would love to play with my brother as well, as we played brutal wolf!
2.0 version I think was almost working even if not tested much yet (most probably some cheat needed sometime), 3.0 goes out of sync almost immediately I suppose due to too many zscripts, I noticed this even in other recent mods, however if you are planning it I'm really happy! :)

Great job once again, I'm currently playing it in my little free time :)

Once finished I would be pleased to join coop testers as well!
Colerx

Postby ZikShadow » Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:59 am

Desyncing due to "too many ZScript" is preposterous. Hideous Destructor is one of the most complex ZScript mods out there, and playing coop with that is perfectly fine. It all depends on the programmers and how their work goes together with GZD's synchronization. Anything that goes differently from one player to another will always cause desyncs, no matter the language used.
ZikShadow

Postby SanyaWaffles » Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:02 pm

ZikShadow wrote:Desyncing due to "too many ZScript" is preposterous.

Completely agreed. I really dislike this phobia of ZScript and all the fearmongering that goes into it.

It's just on the developer to make the code as robust as possible.
SanyaWaffles
Never trust floor sandwiches

Discord: SanyaWaffles#5095
Twitch ID: sanyawaffles
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby Colerx » Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:17 pm

yes my bad, I've just tested 3.1 with newer version of gzdoom and doesn't desync as 3.0, I tought about that because of what I encountered before with other things but seems they were just coincidences.. I apologize
Anyway I'm happy to hear that.
Colerx

Postby guru » Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:50 am

Tormentor667 wrote:Well, we are working on something... if you are interested in testing coop, join us in Github :) https://github.com/Realm667/WolfenDoom/issues

yay!
guru

Postby IDKrisis » Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:09 am

I was enjoying this mod until I reached chapter 3. Although most of the mod seems to be masterfully made, I have only played two missions in chapter 3 and both have proved impossible to complete without a guide. I am constantly getting lost and running in circles, desperately searching for the one hidden switch or clue I might have missed. In the first mission, I found a green key and was left completely baffled, since I had not encountered any doors or switches that it might fit. All the advice and hints at that point suggested that I was supposed to be investigating the gas refinery, but this turned out to be a red herring. I eventually looked up a guide which showed me precisely where the green switch was, which required me to backtrack and leave the refinery that I had been searching fruitlessly for hours.

Now I am playing the secret mission, and have reached "Area 3", but I am once again completely stuck. All of the doors are closed and all of the passages lead to dead ends. I was able to locate and use a rusty crank, but there don't appear to be any more switches or passages to investigate.

EDIT: I eventually used a guide to determine that the switch I needed to advance was located up a slope that I had ignored, since it blended into the walls.

Truth is, I'm not sure whether this is simply me being dense, but it seems to me as if some of the switches are placed in rather odd places. They're not really obscure, but the switches I've been searching for just don't seem to stand out at all.
IDKrisis
Dreaming in Pixels

Postby Scuba Steve » Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:50 am

IDKrisis wrote:I was enjoying this mod until I reached chapter 3.

I hate telling people to "tough it out" and slog through a game you're not enjoying, but the back half of E3 is much stronger than the front, with the final map being an absolute banger.

Truth is, I'm not sure whether this is simply me being dense, but it seems to me as if some of the switches are placed in rather odd places. They're not really obscure, but the switches I've been searching for just don't seem to stand out at all.

Yeah, the game can be very confusing... and it used to be worse.
Scuba Steve

Previous

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects