[Blade of Agony] Beta testing & user mods | p1 updated

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: [Blade of Agony] Developer video released | p189

Postby Captain J » Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:51 am

That older version tho... Brings me back memories! A lot of it. Before and after of Blade of Agony. It looks so much nicer now!
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby Tormentor667 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 7:58 am

Captain J wrote:That older version tho... Brings me back memories! A lot of it. Before and after of Blade of Agony. It looks so much nicer now!

We hope it does, took us years to get to this point. But I had a fun ride playing the old beta to be honest.
Tormentor667
needs more detail

Postby ZDL_800 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:35 am

The older version is the VR edition, absolutely brilliant apart from (still cannot figure this out) some kind of built-in triple buffering which delays head movement, its the only VR doom game which does this delayed movement.

I could never play the game without feeling ill. I wish I could figure this out.

The new update I believe may be too new to even start up in VR, I think its up to GZDoom v4?

What I'm trying to say is that the old version is still awesome and useable, the old version should be a VR edition in my opinion leaning around corners in this game is brilliant.

I edited all the weapon placements for VR, just basic stuff but if you have any idea on how to revert back the built-in mouse smoothing or triple buffering, I really want to send you this version.

Great works!
ZDL_800
Banned User

Postby Tormentor667 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:54 am

Wolfenstein | Blade of Agony Chapter 3 - The "Eder Damn" overhaul: What's new?

In this developer video of 'Blade of Agony' Chapter 3, the project lead Daniel 'Tormentor667' talks about the improvements that have been made on the existing maps in Chapter 1+2 while playing the "Eder Dam, Operation: Chastice.

Get some insight information about what the team has been doing all the time to make sure, it is worth it to replay the original chapters before you jump into the final confrontation with Hitler and his henchmen. Get psyched!

Tormentor667
needs more detail

Re: [Blade of Agony] New developer video released | p190

Postby BROS_ETT_311 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:39 am

Well I'm sufficiently psyched, erscheint sehr gut! (Hope I didn't utterly butcher that phrase)
BROS_ETT_311

Re: [Blade of Agony] New developer video released | p190

Postby Tormentor667 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:02 am

BROS_ETT_311 wrote:Well I'm sufficiently psyched, erscheint sehr gut! (Hope I didn't utterly butcher that phrase)

Almost - but I got what you wanted to say :)
Tormentor667
needs more detail

Re: [Blade of Agony] Beta testing & user mods | p1 updated

Postby Tormentor667 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:41 am

Beta-Testing and User-Mods
First page updated!
Tormentor667
needs more detail

Postby SLON » Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:30 pm

Still, I'm wondering if other graphics were considered for the flamethrower. The original Wiesel's always seemed some sort of out of place.
SLON

Postby Tormentor667 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:15 am

For us it is fine as is, it's not a flamethrower only but it also can fire a projectile, so they "Pyrocannon" concept makes sense to us.
Tormentor667
needs more detail

Postby cs89 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:14 am

I'm excited about the 3rd chapter of Blade of Agony. :)
I played the 1st and 2nd chapters and they were really good campaigns.
I'm curious what the 3rd chapter will be about. :D
cs89

Postby Pachira » Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:29 am

SLON wrote:Still, I'm wondering if other graphics were considered for the flamethrower. The original Wiesel's always seemed some sort of out of place.

Could pretend it's a very fancy upgraded Einstossflammenwerfer 46. They don't look too far off from each other.

Brought to you from the makers of the Venom Gun.
Pachira

Postby XLightningStormL » Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:52 pm

Since we are never going to see the STG-44 being usable by the player officially (despite it being a nuisance the enemy uses it regardless) I might as well plug this here, so people can stop harassing the devs about it.

Adds a STG-44 into BOA (Chapter 2 version to be exact), dropped by Waffen-SS, Elite Assaulters, etc.

Credits: WildWeasal, DenisBelmondo
Stats: 16 - 24 dmg, 30 rounds, slot 4, fires slightly faster than MP40 (RL STG44s fire at 600 RPM, MP40s fire at 550), 120 round reserve (240 with max ammo)
Description: Would be workhorse weapon, but the paltry reserve ammo, and rarity of ammunition means that it's unlikely to be a perfectly feasible workhorse, so it's more like the HL2 Pulse Rifle, to balance this the STG is more accurate, fires faster and does a lot of damage (though this does balance out has enemies in BOA are sponges)

Download:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... ASTG44.pk3
XLightningStormL
Former DUSK Wiki Master

Discord: XLightningStormL#7461
Twitch ID: XLightmingStormL

Postby armymen12002003 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:25 pm

XLightningStormL wrote:Since we are never going to see the STG-44 being usable by the player officially (despite it being a nuisance the enemy uses it regardless) I might as well plug this here, so people can stop harassing the devs about it.

Adds a STG-44 into BOA (Chapter 2 version to be exact), dropped by Waffen-SS, Elite Assaulters, etc.

Credits: WildWeasal, DenisBelmondo
Stats: 16 - 24 dmg, 30 rounds, slot 4, fires slightly faster than MP40 (RL STG44s fire at 600 RPM, MP40s fire at 550), 120 round reserve (240 with max ammo)
Description: Would be workhorse weapon, but the paltry reserve ammo, and rarity of ammunition means that it's unlikely to be a perfectly feasible workhorse, so it's more like the HL2 Pulse Rifle, to balance this the STG is more accurate, fires faster and does a lot of damage (though this does balance out has enemies in BOA are sponges)

Download:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... ASTG44.pk3

Even though i like you adding the STG44 to the game only thing I don't like is the looks of the weapon sprite itself looks too skinny.
armymen12002003
Feel THIS, demon!

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby Colerx » Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:10 am

This mod is impressive!!!! great work, can't wait for the final version and play the hell out of it

GOT PSYCHED enough :lol:
Colerx

Postby doomjedi » Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:19 am

Thank you, we are all working towards the finish line :)
doomjedi
"Blade of Agony" spriter

Discord: DoomJedi

Previous

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects