Page 178 of 183

Re: [Blade of Agony] Road to Wolfenstein Devblog Part 07 | p

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:32 pm
by Rachael
Ooof. That I am not 100% confident in myself in. I can try, but I'd probably need to listen a lot of french speakers before I did my set.

Re: [Blade of Agony] Road to Wolfenstein Devblog Part 07 | p

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:24 am
by Graf Zahl
Having once worked for a French company, rest assured that it's close to impossible for a native English speaker to emulate their accent even remotely. :twisted:

Re: [Blade of Agony] Road to Wolfenstein Devblog Part 07 | p

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:00 am
by Enjay
I've always wanted to hear what British accents sound like to non-english speakers when the British person is speaking their language. I know how a French or German accent and many other nationalities sound when English is being spoken but i will never fully be able appreciate how an English speaker sounds to a French person when the English speaker speaks French (etc).

Re: [Blade of Agony] Road to Wolfenstein Devblog Part 07 | p

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:12 pm
by Gez
That greatly depends on the English accent in question, but overall? Very... dainty? It's caused mostly by the lack of French "r" (the English "r" honestly kinda sounds like a "w" to French ears; so you know the "be vewy vewy quiet, we'we hunting for wabbits" Elmer Fudd thing? That's how you all sound like.) and the sing-songy nature of English tonic stress. French is a lot more monotonous: for example, in classical poetry, in English you count the meter (e.g. iambic pentameter) while in French you count the syllables.

From a very quick overview, this video seems correct. The guy can speak French convincingly enough to not sound like an American, and he can also imitate quite well a very thick French accent in English.

Re: [Blade of Agony] Road to Wolfenstein Devblog Part 07 | p

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:54 am
by affandede
If you need more voice actors, I can lend a hand. I don't know what my voice can be used for, enemies or characters, but you can decide on this in a few weeks when I am home.

Re: [Blade of Agony] Road to Wolfenstein Devblog Part 07 | p

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:37 am
by Enjay
Gez wrote:That greatly depends on the English accent in question, but overall? Very... dainty? It's caused mostly by the lack of French "r" (the English "r" honestly kinda sounds like a "w" to French ears; so you know the "be vewy vewy quiet, we'we hunting for wabbits" Elmer Fudd thing? That's how you all sound like.) and the sing-songy nature of English tonic stress. French is a lot more monotonous: for example, in classical poetry, in English you count the meter (e.g. iambic pentameter) while in French you count the syllables.

From a very quick overview, this video seems correct. The guy can speak French convincingly enough to not sound like an American, and he can also imitate quite well a very thick French accent in English.


Interesting about the "r" sound. Some English accents (especially a certain brand of East end of London cockney) actually has a noted feature of the "r" being softened so much that it sounds a bit "w" like even to other brits. It's not just an impediment, it's actually an accent feature. For those who know the actress, I think Barbara Windsor pronounces her "r"s like that.

Scottish "r"s, on the other hand are much harsher, though mostly not in the French way (more at the front of the mouth) but some speakers do have quite a French "r" in their accent.

I wonder if the sing-songyness of English accents sounds anything like how Scandinavian accents sound to British people? I'll check the vid later. Can't watch it right now. Thanks.

Re: [Blade of Agony] Road to Wolfenstein Devblog Part 07 | p

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:07 am
by Tormentor667
affandede wrote:If you need more voice actors, I can lend a hand. I don't know what my voice can be used for, enemies or characters, but you can decide on this in a few weeks when I am home.

Would you mind sharing a demo of your voice?

@Enjay - I am not sure if you can still remember but we really would like to have you as General Miller :)

Re: [Blade of Agony] Road to Wolfenstein Devblog Part 07 | p

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:31 am
by Caligari87
My wife and I can offer generic middle-aged American voices. I'm capable of reasonable accent approximations and some mild vocal "characterization" variations as well. Can PM some samples on request.

8-)

Re: [Blade of Agony] Road to Wolfenstein Devblog Part 07 | p

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:43 am
by Enjay
Tormentor667 wrote:@Enjay - I am not sure if you can still remember but we really would like to have you as General Miller :)

Honestly, I had completely forgotten about it. Even now, I only have the vaguest recollection of discussing it. What did you need from me again (did we even get that far in the discussions?).

Re: [Blade of Agony] Road to Wolfenstein Devblog Part 07 | p

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:49 am
by Tormentor667
Caligari87 wrote:My wife and I can offer generic middle-aged American voices. I'm capable of reasonable accent approximations and some mild vocal "characterization" variations as well. Can PM some samples on request.

Yes please, I would really appreciate that :)

@Enjay - Well, nothing concrete but we were discussing about it and still I think you'd be the perfect choice for the General. I can remember you did some voice acting for UTNT and that fit perfect :)

Re: [Blade of Agony] Road to Wolfenstein Devblog Part 07 | p

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:07 am
by hammer oz
Always a blast to replay this gem while Ep 3 gets done but there is one thing that is a little bothering. The S.S/paratrooper dudes that wield the STG-44's will this weapon see the light of day in the future? it just feels strange to me when you down these guys and they drop MP40s.

Re: [Blade of Agony] Road to Wolfenstein Devblog Part 07 | p

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:14 pm
by LOLANONIMUS
I have a question there is a vanilla version for delta touch and in Spanish? it serves if there is in vanilla

Re: [Blade of Agony] Road to Wolfenstein Devblog Part 07 | p

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:59 pm
by wildweasel
LOLANONIMUS wrote:I have a question there is a vanilla version for delta touch and in Spanish? it serves if there is in vanilla

There will probably not be a vanilla version, knowing the devs. It'd be up to Delta Touch to support it by keeping its "dev" version of GZDoom up to date. (I am told it generally is.)

Re: [Blade of Agony] Road to Wolfenstein Devblog Part 07 | p

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:26 pm
by Tormentor667
New Screenshots and some plot information about Chapter 3 (Warning: Spoiler ahead for those who didn't play C1+2)
Mission 3 of the third chapter is set at Wolfsschanze, the infamous WWII bunker of Hitler. In Blade of Agony it's not only the scenario to get deep into the heart of the Third Reich but also behind the secrets that are part of the occult background you already discovered in the previous chapters. The power of the staff has been unleashed and tested near the town of Rastenburg - but with a different outcome than expected by the nazi scientists. The third operation on Chapter 3 is heavily inspired by the Resident Evil games and the Chernobyl tv series that has been just broadcasted by HBO. Expect terrific places and a very thrilling mission!






Re: [Blade of Agony] New screenshots and plot info | p178

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:17 pm
by Kappes Buur
I just downloaded WolfenDoom-master.zip, loaded some maps into GZDBBFr2072 and ran it with GZDoom 4.1.3 and every time GZDoom bombs out with