[Wolfenstein: Blade of Agony] v3.1 released (p204)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Ozymandias81
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [Blade of Agony] Road to Wolfenstein Devblog Part 07 | p

Post by Ozymandias81 »

A week ago Starfox Mulder, a well known italian blogger from the website I Bitelloni, interviewed me about BoA and its genesis... This is probably the first satirical article made out of BoA, enjoy it specially if you are italian, like me :cool:

Ozy's Interview for I-Bitelloni blog
ZDL_800

Post by ZDL_800 »

Hello.

Why is the package flagged by many vendors as malware using Virustotal? What's going off here? How can you run this with the latest GZDoom? Noway were using the custom exe's. 100% malware.

Using the recent GZDoom it errors with this log.

Script error, "boa_c2.pk3:scripts/menus/playermenunamebox.txt" line 13:
Unknown identifier 'MAXPLAYERNAME'
Script error, "boa_c2.pk3:scripts/actors/playerfollowers.txt" line 321:
Type mismatch in function argument

Anybody have any idea how we could fix these 2 errors?

Thanks again.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

It's a bit silly to accuse these developers of distributing malware. They are many things, but malicious is definitely not one of them.

That being said, if you're that adamant about not using their supplied executable, the only thing I can suggest is when the executable is extracted (if you're really that security conscious you're fine as long as you don't run it), you can right click on it, select properties, and then go to the "Details" tab. Under there, you should be able to find the GZDoom version that runs their game.

Then you can, to your heart's content, find the right GZDoom version and simply snap it into place, without ever worrying about the harm that they probably will never do to your system anyway.

(As an aside: I get it. I don't like running executables unless I compiled them myself or I feel perfectly safe with the distributor, but accusing BOA devs of distributing malware is definitely slanderous, and a VirusTotal scan is not proof or evidence of it)

Anyway - unpleasantness aside, you might try and load a dev build from the project's github. Here's a link. I think chances are pretty good they've nailed down some of the problems that have cropped up in recent GZDoom versions - this might run better. Just be warned that it's obviously in-development, which means it does not come with any assurances from the team that it is indeed stable or will work as intended.
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Thank you Rachael for the extensive reply, and in addition of what you said there are two things to state:

1) As I already stated trillions of times on ModDB page about our executable being an injected file which execute a batch process, I have also said clearly since 2017 that it is a phalse positive, not like some morons which think that we want to infect other's people pc just for fun
2) Every kind of antivirus have option to EXCLUDE a file from potential threats, use Google and invest some time to know hot to do it for your Anitivirus
3) If you don't have any options then download this build and use boa_c2.pk3 and Doom2 wad all inside a separate folder, so you can also take care of Enhanced Options as best as you want for your pc

About the Git build: Intermap needs some adjustments over Chapter changes, so expect some incorrect behavior there but you can test it and spoil yourself about Chapter 3 progress as well too.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

@Ozymandias81: Are you still using the launcher I gave you a couple years ago?

If not, and if you have a source code for the batch, I can probably translate it into C/C++ for you, upload it to Github, and apply continuous integration to it (which automatically compiles it for you so that you don't have to install compile tools) so that you can modify it at your heart's content and get a "clean" executable that you can distribute that won't set off false positives.
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Well I have done several replies on ModDB where I have included your executable, on my end I work (and play) with drag & drop method and GZDoom needed build (or recent devbuild), but mostly I play from GZDBuilder test
Indeed your help would be awesome, even if I don't own the source code... Should ask to Torm when he will return from vacancy, meanwhile feel free to commute your executable to use at least custom icons (I don't have any experience in C++ programming but I can rip icons thanks to 7zip if needed). For sure it would be something nice for when C3 release will happen
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

How can one spend over 6 hours on an easter egg that doesn't take more than 6 minutes to complete?! :roll: Curious if someone recognizes this game from the 90's :D

Kostov

Post by Kostov »

Does the project need any more voice acting? Here’s an example of my voice, both with and without effects (with Doom-level sound quality).
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Undead wrote:Does the project need any more voice acting? Here’s an example of my voice, both with and without effects (with Doom-level sound quality).
Hell yes, this is awesome! Currently we have not started on the voice acting yet but consider yourself in as soon as we do :)
Kostov

Post by Kostov »

Great. PM me with details about which characters I’ll voice, as soon as things get prepared.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Do you have a GitHub account?
Kostov

Post by Kostov »

Yep, name’s Nemrtvi on there.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

I added you to the contributors, more information as soon as we plan the voice acting :) Thanks already for the offer!
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

If you need a female voice I volunteer - but fair warning, I'm better in a female officer or villain role than I am in many of the others.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Can you do a french accent?

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”