[Wolfenstein: Blade of Agony] v3.1 released (p204)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Re: [Blade of Agony] Chapter 2 release postponed | p136

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Cap J : there's a weapon on BoA files called Elektroshocker. I don't know if the player can use it, but i just made a version that matches hands. (Although i forgot it had green rays :facepalm:)

Wiw: if you refer to me, no, i haven't received any responses about the PM I've sent you.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Development News
The work is continuing and we are on a very good road regarding the second chapter of Blade of Agony. We are still not happy with having to postpone the release but after all the improvements and changes we made in the past 10 days, it was definitely the right choice. Over 60 commits have been happened to the GitHub repo and more that 200 improvements and fixes have been made to the maps, the actors and the whole mod. At the moment our beta testers are still getting through the main part of the meat (especially RockstarRaccoon has been a very important source for input, thanks kindly!) and we are cleaning out the final remaining bugs. Next to that, improvements are happening almost everywhere, even in some maps of chapter 1, so what you will get in the end is a polished release with hours of fun - that's a promise we make. So stay tuned, stay psyched, we are doing our best for you and the project!
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: [Blade of Agony] Chapter 2 dev news | p138

Post by Captain J »

Yeah. Development time is getting tough but you guys doing really great. So don't give up, keep changing and keep going. Looks still promising so far!
Last edited by Captain J on Tue May 30, 2017 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wiw
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Wiw »

GAA1992 wrote:Wiw: if you refer to me, no, i haven't received any responses about the PM I've sent you.
No, I was talking about a few commits I made yesterday. Were they rejected or something? Or did they just not appear? Have I made a mistake in the process?
PulseRifleFun

Post by PulseRifleFun »

Just joined the forums, I want to say I LOVE this project! Take all the time you need to squash those bugs.
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

GAA1992 wrote:I've just posted this on Spriting Carnival, but thought i should share here too.

A Doom handed Elektroshocker.

Credits to who made the doom reznator hand for the master sheet here on the forums. All the other works (blurring, extra frames and getting rid of those annoying green points) made by me.
This looks pretty nice, thank you GAA1992 I am going to recolor it properly for BoA, + adding new recolored brightmaps etc etc... and yes, BJ can use the Elektroschocker in game (Astrostein maps) 8-)
Wiw wrote:Did you receive my commits yesterday? I can't seem to find them.
Uhm no :( , did you properly build your pull request? There are no active one atm
Wiw

Post by Wiw »

Yeah, you're right, I must've misbuilt it or something. How do I do it again?
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Ok friends,I have polished and reworked frames which I needed for Elektroshocker, feel free to use them obviously...
I have added missing portion of sprite on first 2 frames (bottom-right), then shaded off a bit "pieces" in order to let them look as one (original sprite on BoA was not clearly polished). Then did the same for non-fizzleing frames :lol:
Thank you GAA1992, going to add it in a while 8-)
Wiw wrote:Yeah, you're right, I must've misbuilt it or something. How do I do it again?
Save your stuff somewhere, delete your pull request (revert) from your working repository and please follow these instructions :wink:
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

I thank you. It's an honor to be part of a project as good as BoA.
Wiw

Post by Wiw »

What!? It says I don't have permission to push my changes into the repository!
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

In this version:

Code: Select all

W:\WolfBOA>git describe --tags
v1.0-RC1-2482-ge4b3ddc95
Screenshot_Doom_20170530_133554.png
It appears there are missing models in this garage. I try and run over the shadowed areas and am clipped against an invisible wall. This actually happens in several places but this one stands out, in particular.

By the way - I've noticed *HUGE* performance improvements since last time I played.
RockstarRaccoon

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

Rachael wrote:By the way - I've noticed *HUGE* performance improvements since last time I played.
I should go through and do some checking on that next time I pull it out: I'm taking a break after completing my playtest of Chapter 2.
Wiw

Post by Wiw »

I give up! I can't get my head around this Git thing, so I'm just going to dump my proposed changes here. Check my attachment.
Attachments
sprites.zip
More hi-res sprites.
(150.68 KiB) Downloaded 49 times
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Perhaps post this kind of files with PM or something? That might be a bit easy also secret.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

Considering BOA's entire repo is public, I don't see much point in making contributions to it secret.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”