[Wolfenstein: Blade of Agony] v3.1 released (p204)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
gwHero
Graphics Processor: Intel with Vulkan/Metal Support

Re: [Blade of Agony] New shots of Chapter 3 | p156

Post by gwHero »

Tormentor667 wrote: Image
Impressive lighting!
ZioMcCall

Post by ZioMcCall »

If you're going to add a level where the soviets are attacking the Reichstag in one of the final levels,use this song please :wub:

TDG

Post by TDG »

Hello all,

This is an old question but I never got a conclusive answer on it.

I have been wanting to play Chapter 2 for some time now since it got released and had downloaded the latest gzdoom build (and builds coming after it) but for some reason the game just suffers serious slow down in some of the more complex levels, even if I reduce graphic options (until they are barely existent but then what is the point)

Is my computer simply to slow? (I have included my computer specs, a lot of the text is in Dutch but the hardware specifications should be understandable for English speakers)

I find it very frustrating as I really want to play this game.
Attachments
computer specs.png
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

It is probably your CPU, if I might be honest - the problem with BoA's complex architecture and such is that the CPU winds up being the bottleneck trying to process the scene. Quad cores aren't going to help an awful lot, because the engine is not built for multi-core rendering, so it's going to take single-core performance to improve your frame rate. 2.4 GHz isn't all that much, even by the standards of the time.
Dr. Shotgun

Post by Dr. Shotgun »

I have 3.1 GHz on my quads. Am I also in a bad spot?
Spoiler:
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

It really depends on what generation/model of CPU you're using. Really new CPUs might tend to have worse single-core performance than the generations before them, so it's important that you get the facts and compare benchmarks using a site like http://cpuboss.com/ to compare.
Dr. Shotgun

Post by Dr. Shotgun »

wildweasel wrote:It really depends on what generation/model of CPU you're using. Really new CPUs might tend to have worse single-core performance than the generations before them, so it's important that you get the facts and compare benchmarks using a site like http://cpuboss.com/ to compare.
It's an i5 2400. The site says it's an "8.3 out of 10" but the ratings don't really mean much to me without some sort of frame of reference...

EDIT: wait what
shadstarn

Post by shadstarn »

can someone help me not to have to play the intro all the time.... please.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

shadstarn wrote:can someone help me not to have to play the intro all the time.... please.
Unless someone on the dev team adds a skip-cutscene function, my best advice to you is to save the game after it.
AFADoomer

Post by AFADoomer »

shadstarn wrote:can someone help me not to have to play the intro all the time.... please.
Which intro? I'm pretty sure that they all allow you to press 'use' to skip them, but perhaps I am wrong.
shadstarn

Post by shadstarn »

AFADoomer wrote:
Which intro? I'm pretty sure that they all allow you to press 'use' to skip them, but perhaps I am wrong.
its not a cutscene guys its the intro game.. where you have to do alllllll those training things and view movie of the guy talking breefing
Gez

Post by Gez »

I don't remember having to do the training. Last time I played you could go straight to the briefing.
shadstarn

Post by shadstarn »

umm.. okay i will try this before responding againl.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

You can‘t completely skip the briefing if you mean that.
R4L
Global Moderator
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11 Pro
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by R4L »

Dr. Shotgun wrote:
wildweasel wrote:It really depends on what generation/model of CPU you're using. Really new CPUs might tend to have worse single-core performance than the generations before them, so it's important that you get the facts and compare benchmarks using a site like http://cpuboss.com/ to compare.
It's an i5 2400. The site says it's an "8.3 out of 10" but the ratings don't really mean much to me without some sort of frame of reference...

EDIT: wait what
If only you had the i5-2500k... Then you might be okay.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”