[Wolfenstein: Blade of Agony] v3.1 released (p204)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Gez

Re: [Blade of Agony] Gameplay survey, please participate | p

Post by Gez »

Tormentor667 wrote:Please also take into account that this is supposed to be a standalone mod for people outside the community who have no idea about such autoload mods
So people from the community are not supposed to play BOA? You should have said so earlier! :P
jazzmaster9

Post by jazzmaster9 »

Gez wrote:
Tormentor667 wrote:Please also take into account that this is supposed to be a standalone mod for people outside the community who have no idea about such autoload mods
So people from the community are not supposed to play BOA? You should have said so earlier! :P
No one said that. Its that the general populous outside the Doom community play these mods as well.
We always seem to think of the Doom community the majority audience.
No need to be over dramatic
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Gez wrote:So people from the community are not supposed to play BOA? You should have said so earlier! :P
Yes, yes. We get the point. Torm just want this mod to be easily playable for everyone, including community people and the others who don't know much about doom mods without autoloading and such uncomfortable things.

I'm in a bad condition, so excuse me if i'm getting serious here, which is actually not!
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

I have no idea how these shadows will affect performance, but please note that this mod as it was two weeks ago (last version I tested) does NOT run well on entry level systems! Extrapolating from my own crusty Geforce 550Ti it is clear that something needs to be done about performance, rather than adding more and more eye candy. If people experience the glory of < 20 fps choppiness all those features will become meaningless, your mod will get lambasted for just not working right!
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

Graf Zahl wrote:If people experience the glory of < 20 fps choppiness all those features will become meaningless, your mod will get lambasted for just not working right!
It's cinematic.
Caligari87
Admin
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Caligari87 »

Suggestion: Can the nazi scientists have their +FRIGHTENED flag set? It seems weird to me that they'd charge the player like soldiers even if they're armed. Just a nice little tweak to make things more believable.

Related, have some scientists be completely unarmed, maybe even some wandering randomly. It would make the levels feel more alive and less like a shooting gallery.

8-)
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Graf Zahl wrote:I have no idea how these shadows will affect performance, but please note that this mod as it was two weeks ago (last version I tested) does NOT run well on entry level systems! Extrapolating from my own crusty Geforce 550Ti it is clear that something needs to be done about performance, rather than adding more and more eye candy. If people experience the glory of < 20 fps choppiness all those features will become meaningless, your mod will get lambasted for just not working right!
Actually the performance with the new system is better as with the old (subtractive dynlight shadows) so I guess this improvement was a good one :) By the way I just took care of a lot of issues you mentioned for C2M0_B - it should run smoother now.
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Adding here replies from Samsai playtesting on Twitch, just to save them for us later:
Spoiler:
Btw friends, we have been noticed by PCGamer, oh yes... and we are still improving certain aspects of BoA :rock:
Wiw

Post by Wiw »

We have!? I'll have to have a look at that issue!
eadzon64

Post by eadzon64 »

Hello Guys,
i
n the GIT Version there's a Bug that bothers me.
In Level C1M2, where you have to dive to get the green Key and then get attacked by the two Subs.
It is not possible to dive down anymore, and so you can't finish the Level without cheating.
I've tested with gzdoom and qzdoom stable and latest Git builds.
can you please fix it!

sorry for my english, and keep up your great work
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

eadzon64 wrote:Hello Guys,
i
n the GIT Version there's a Bug that bothers me.
In Level C1M2, where you have to dive to get the green Key and then get attacked by the two Subs.
It is not possible to dive down anymore, and so you can't finish the Level without cheating.
I've tested with gzdoom and qzdoom stable and latest Git builds.
can you please fix it!

sorry for my english, and keep up your great work
Sorry eadzon64 but I can't reproduce that, it works as intended for me. :|
eadzon64

Post by eadzon64 »

Ok, solved the Problem, by setting Axis 5 under Joystick options, from moving up/down to none
that fixed it for me

thank you, and again sorry for my Denglisch
merlin86
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11 Pro

Post by merlin86 »

Ozymandias81 wrote: Btw friends, we have been noticed by PCGamer
Really impressive, and nice article.

And finally they wrote GZDoom and not "a doom mod" like BoA could be done in Vanilla Doom + DeHacked (as happened in an italian website, like Tom's Hardware, for another mod which I can't remember)
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Lol happens frequently with Doom related mods, but in Italy these things happens everywhere...
Spoiler:
merlin86
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11 Pro

Post by merlin86 »

@ Ozymandias81 : are you helping in this project, too?
Spoiler:
EDIT: Just tried the astrostein secret levels: I had from 40 to 60 fps for the whole time and I was playing with 1440x900 screen resolution.

My configuration is: 3.4 GHz i7, 32 GB RAM and a GT950 with 2 GB RAM on-board

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”