[Wolfenstein: Blade of Agony] v3.1 released (p204)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
TDG

Re: [Blade of Agony] Chapter 2 released | p140

Post by TDG »

Question, the game seems to suffer from a lot of slowdown during the outside parts of level 1. Is there any way for me to improve the performance as right now I can't avoid searchlights and dogs.
Koto
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Koto »

AFADoomer wrote:I've already changed the drops in the dev version to always drop the full 5 rounds, since the sprite is of a full 5-round stripper clip.
Oh, it's an easy way to solve a problem of Misleading advertising.
TDG wrote:Question, the game seems to suffer from a lot of slowdown during the outside parts of level 1. Is there any way for me to improve the performance as right now I can't avoid searchlights and dogs.
I had the same issue and it can be fixed in the Enhanced options by lowering the visual effects.
Bofubutt

Post by Bofubutt »

I'm loving this, and eagerly looking forward to Episode 3.

One recommendation I have is inserting a few more autosave points, particularly near any of the platforming bits or anywhere where there's an environmental hazard that can instantly kill you. The Doom engine isn't exactly well-suited for precise jumps, especially when you're on a tiny platform with no room to get a running start.

E2 spoilers:
Spoiler:
TDG

Post by TDG »

It sort of half solved the problem, now objects like grass and trees pop up in front of me.

Also I checked a recent video on BOA chapter 2, I wonder why the graphics on my computer look so low rez.
Ozymandias81
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ozymandias81 »

TDG wrote:It sort of half solved the problem, now objects like grass and trees pop up in front of me.

Also I checked a recent video on BOA chapter 2, I wonder why the graphics on my computer look so low rez.
Which are your PC specs , @TDG? Also Trees and Grass pop up in front of you because probably you have set waay low values for distance calculation...
For C2M1 I suggest to dectivate snow and set all distances to 2048, plus effects at 1024.

Concerning low res, it depends strictly by how you set details, resolution etc etc, hard to judge your issue (if it exist) from just a phrase...

Don't forget to keep your GPU drivers up to date, and if you experience some weird issues with the Standalone Edition, I suggest to remove the gzdoom.ini file bundled with the .zip file, so you can deliberately config BoA as you wish
timmyr0x0r

Post by timmyr0x0r »

Hi there! I wanted to say that I very much like the new version, been replaying through EP1 so far, and it's a blast!

I do have minor nitpicks as a French player about the Paris level, though. The texture for the bar entry should be "Défense d'entrer" and not "Défènse d'entrer" (so no "è"), and the Resistance soldier at the door should just say "entrez" instead of "entrez-vous" (the use of the pronoun here is very, very improper).
TDG

Post by TDG »

Hello Ozymandias81

My PC's specs

– Windows 7
– x64
– Intel (r) Core (tm) 2 Quad CPU Q6600
– 2.40 Ghz
– 2394 Mhz
– 4 Cores
– 4 Logic processors
– Nvidia Geforce GTX 760

I wouldn't be surprised if my beasty is simply to old, I have it a while already and I have been considering for a long time now to get a replacement with more current hardware when the money is there.
Mere_Duke

Post by Mere_Duke »

Just completed 2nd episode; it's awesome! Already want to play Ep. 3. Thanks Tormentor667 & The Team for that amazing project!

Also I've found some minor flaws (missing textures, 'flying' objects, etc.) so where it's the best place to post a report for them?
Last edited by Mere_Duke on Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:30 am, edited 4 times in total.
Mere_Duke

Post by Mere_Duke »

Forgot to ask for those new CARTRIDGES; they seem to be applied to the prototype machine in the laboratory in headquarters; I've found almost all secrets in the game and finished with all but one objectives done per entire game and found none of them :(
Ozymandias81
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ozymandias81 »

@Mere_Duke
For reports with glitches you must go for Realm667 Team forum
Cartridges will be of some use only after C3 release

Please reduce the amount of spoilers if possible, I think it wouldn't be good for the project (but well I can't see those images from my crappy phone, so idk)

Thank you for your kind words man, we are trying to do our best!
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

Spoiler:
Mere_Duke

Post by Mere_Duke »

Ozymandias81 wrote:@Mere_Duke
For reports with glitches you must go for Realm667 Team forum
Cartridges will be of some use only after C3 release

Please reduce the amount of spoilers if possible, I think it wouldn't be good for the project (but well I can't see those images from my crappy phone, so idk)

Thank you for your kind words man, we are trying to do our best!
OK I'll register there & post what I've found to help this project!
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

JohnnyTheWolf wrote:
Spoiler:
Let's just finish C3 and after that we will plan :)
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

It's always a pleasure to watch commented let's plays :)
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

It really looks fluid and excellent. Those HD versions of original sprite is absolutely amazing in video! But yeah, this guy knows one intentional problem; Enemies don't drop their weapons, at all. Even the worker's toolbox.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”