[Wolfenstein: Blade of Agony] v3.1 released (p204)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
TDG

Re: [Blade of Agony] Secret screenshot galore | p183

Post by TDG »

Ozymandias81 wrote:
TDG wrote:
Tormentor667 wrote:I‘d suggest checking your virus tool
It's not Avira, I keep getting the message that I do not have the administration rights to remove this program/these files.
Try then what I have said first, otherwise it is a problem with TrustedInstaller and you need to use tools like TakeOwnership to fix permanently the issue
Oh wow, that was it. I could remove the files.
I wanted to delete BOA for now as I could not run it on my current computer but I kept getting that message. I never thought BOA was infected with a virus, just that something was triggered in Windows that was getting in the way.

I hope that when I get my new PC I can finally play Chapter 2 as it was meant.
Tormentor667

Re: [Blade of Agony] Before and after screens | p184

Post by Tormentor667 »

Dogs are never idle, they are always loping and looking for their prey ;)
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Rachael wrote:I've been working on a fully graphical launcher, I admit it's not going as fast as I'd like, it has a combo-box drop down to set a graphics preset though, I mostly just have to add code the buttons I created on it to get it to launch the game. xD
Sorry, I totally missed this reply :) I am so much looking forward to this Rachael!
doomjedi

Re: [Blade of Agony] Secret screenshot galore | p183

Post by doomjedi »

doomjedi wrote:Keen levels of Blade of Agony have been nominated by Keen community for most promising Keen project of 2019 8-)
https://pckf.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6570
And won the award too :)
MaxRideWizardLord

Re: [Blade of Agony] Chapter 2 dev news | p138

Post by MaxRideWizardLord »

TDG wrote:Preferably no references to Wolfenstein The New Order.
I for one would rather prefer that this mod ties into Return to Castle Wolfenstein and Wolfenstein 2009, or stand on its own/its own Wolfenstein universe.
The games after Wolfenstein 2009 pretty much killed the franchise for me, that is why I put my faith in mods now.
Exactly the same feeling I have. Wolfenstein 2009 seemed like the last good wolfenstein (both lore and gameplay wise), while the rest titles that came out later killed entirely it's the core point of Wolfenstein series, which is paranormal occult theme, and TNO felt more like linear battlefield\cod clone with blatant generic fire arms and generic human species as foes.

Speaking about robodogs that everyone seen to adore. Everyone seem to forget that robot dogs with massive cannon on their backs were since RTCW, although for console ports only (since PC version was rushes so plenty of contents was cut). RTCW for xbox\ps2 also had magical items for combat, so the times when Blazkowicz turns himself in to powerful Wizard wasn't just in one game. TNO didn't bring anything new to gameplay and lore\weapons\gameplay was incredible overrated as it was nothing new or fun,
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: [Blade of Agony] Chapter 2 dev news | p138

Post by wildweasel »

MaxRideWizardLord wrote:it's the core point of Wolfenstein series, which is paranormal occult theme
Not the "shooting Nazis" part? :?
dpJudas

Post by dpJudas »

In the first Castle Wolfenstein (the one for the Apple II) the core point was actually to escape the castle with the plans. There was nothing occult and you only shot nazis if you absolutely had to. :)
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Honestly wasn't the big fan of such additional occult concept of RTCW. Over technology? Tesla mumbo jumbos? Sure, it can happen. Because Nazis back in WW2 really did created and planned for such ridiculous weapons. But spooky paranormal things like in fairy tale or legends are rather irreverent than what the franchise is currently aiming for. But for some reason Raven Software made another Wolfenstein game and it was also spooky-related. And they dyed BJ's hair brown, and renamed Barnacle Wilhelm to Hans Grosse, which is even more absurd.

Granted, ID's original Spear of Destiny had some occult concepts in the first place. You know, the spear itself? But the game's whole style just got changed again thanks to Bethesda. I do appreciate their change and all, but i see no more of ghosts and paranormal activities in their later series which makes the whole franchise separated and just odd.
Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve »

The occult was the entire plot of "The Old Blood."
TDG

Post by TDG »

Hey Captain J,

I can understand how the whole "Ghostapo" can feel a but overdone to some people and I don't think there should be loads* of it, but so far I enjoy the pulp "secret war" taking place behind the scenes of World War 2 that involve super science! and the paranormal and so far I am pretty happy with what we have seen in RTCW, Wolfenstein 2009, and the now upcoming Blade of Agony.
It doesn't overtake the more "realistic" parts except in the end levels of course as is befitting in such single player campaigns, the player having to stop the SS before they can actually unleash a cyborg army or the forces of darkness that could overrun the allies and the Soviet Union after having experienced during the game's story how destructive these forces are in small proportions.

If anything I feel the new Wolfenstein games have gone way to far with the science! an almost defeated Nazi Germany suddenly unleashing armies of robotic killing machines, Wehrmacht soldiers with incredibly weaponry, and in few decades after they wiped out the forces allies they are colonizing the Moon, Venus, and probably Mars.
That and the writing was what killed the franchise for me. At least the official games, I am glad that projects like BOA continue the spirit of RTCW and Wolfenstein 2009.

* Loads as in the Wehrmacht suddenly being supported by large armies of robots, ghosts, vampires, werewolves, demons etc, but that some appear as opponents I have no problems with.

I liked it that the paranormal and dark magic in RTCW and Wolfenstein 2009 is double edged sword, just as it can be a threat to the Allies and Soviet forces it is ready to turn against the Nazis the moment they become too confident of themselves and make a mistake.
Last edited by TDG on Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

This discussion is pretty unnecessary in somebody's project thread.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Ow geez, i got carried away. I'm not really a big fan of occult additions to Wolfenstein storyline, so i joined the bandwagon to good ol' off-topicaville. Maybe separate the whole discussion about this?
Scuba Steve wrote:The occult was the entire plot of "The Old Blood."
I already noticed the whole plot of this one, actually. But i mean in the real late, the New blood series.
TDG wrote:I liked it that the paranormal and dark magic in RTCW and Wolfenstein 2009 is double edged sword, just as it can be a threat to the Allies and Soviet forces it is ready to turn against the Nazis the moment they become too confident of themselves and make a mistake.
You explained it right there. But i honestly think there are should be more storyline to connect, correct and cover the missing links of Nazi's occult research.

... And the reason why BJ actually dyed his doggone hair.
Echelon5

Post by Echelon5 »

The occult aspects has been part of Wolfenstein's DNA since 3D. Spear of Destiny ends with BJ fighting the Angel of Death using the Lance of Longinus, what kind of crack are you smoking.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

It's obvious what happened to Spear of Destiny. But now let's talk about the later, game-changing, bethesda-scented wolfestein games! Maybe it's still intact in the Old Blood, but not so much in later games. Bethesda could mention this paranormal references later, but they ain't ID nor Raven, so i'm not so sure. Bottom Line: Not a big fan of Occult theme on Wolfenstein franchise but if's actually there so they should bring this up again before it gets rusty around the corner and make more people confused as i am.

I'm... Kinda hoping this argument is all over now. It's clear that the Occult thing is not everyone's suitable taste.
ZDL_800

Post by ZDL_800 »

I have a custom blood mod for this game, nothing too intensive, more like a cinematic effect, we had to edit all the weapons but the blood make's the gameplay just alittle more dynamic, this game is so epic in VR, back to the wall, leaning round corners, just like the title screen. Awesome.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”