[Wolfenstein: Blade of Agony] v3.1 released (p204)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Tormentor667

Re: [Blade of Agony] Before and after screens | p184

Post by Tormentor667 »

How can you play this in VR?
skdursh

Post by skdursh »

Captain J, RTCW is the best official Wolfenstein game ever made, no contest. If you don't like it it's because you're wrong. :P
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

skdursh wrote:Captain J, RTCW is the best official Wolfenstein game ever made, no contest. If you don't like it it's because you're wrong. :P
Feel free to take discussions about Wolfenstein games to a new topic. This thread should remain about this specific Wolfenstein project.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

skdursh wrote:Captain J, RTCW is the best official Wolfenstein game ever made, no contest. If you don't like it it's because you're wrong. :P
And i'm afraid i will have to put your reply to "it's your opinion, but just respectable" category. I honestly think it has weird stuff, but i did not said the game is bad for no reason.

The discussion is over. Please keep it clean.
ZDL_800

Post by ZDL_800 »

Well we used a VM to rebuild the game, don't want to state the reason otherwise I'm banned again, edited a few parameters and there you go, Blade Of Agony VR.

I can lean around corners and fire behind the stance position its awesome.
MaxRideWizardLord

Post by MaxRideWizardLord »

I'd just like to take a moment to thank Tormentor667 for making sure Doom Platforming never becomes irrelevant. :wub: Not as versatile, deep, progressive and complicated as JumpMaze mod (unfortunately), but better than nothing. I genuinely appreciate that such sweet elements, even though mostly humbly, still represent in many places around Episode 2. I hope more of that will occur in Episode 3 as well. The classic Platforming with elements of dodging, jumping and avoiding obstacles, is something that we just never can get enough on Doom engine, and definitely something that never can be the excess.

I especially did enjoy the little Puzzle sections, like hiding behind the movable objects to make sure laser won't kill you, this is pretty creative and clever to put such a delicious lovely parts of the maps in your mod to diversify and revitalize the experience so it doesn't just feel like generic linear shooter. Thank you for that. :thumb: The last time I've seen similar kind of puzzles were back in the Team Fortress Classic escape maps, some of ancient TFC maps have EXACTLY the same aesthetic and feel to them and similar solutions to pass through them. Any chance you were inspired by the TFC's community maps? I really enjoy these kind of puzzles, another thing I really ambition to see in the upcoming Episode 3.

I still really hope that BJ in a new episode of your mod will return back to the roots of Wolfenstein's occult theme, which was the core point of Wolfenstein title since '81. Considering that in your mod in the Episode 2 we investigate all sort of occult and ancient civilizations temples, tombs, occult churches and what not, not to mention that it already have enemies with powerful Magic combat abilities, it just begs for BJ to obtain the Magical Powers (like in Tides of War and The Wolfenstein (2009) series) as well to become a overpowered combat Mage. The Wolfenstein '09 is still the best game of the series mostly because you've got the ability to have magical powers to wipe everyone with deadly shock wave, use Magical Powers to slow time\create barrier around yourself, and at the same time carry very complicated Sci-Fi weapons.

I really enjoyed Episode 2 of your mod mostly because of platforming and adventure kind of feel. like it's Indiana Jones and\or Tomb Rider FPS. Although fire arms combat was meh and forgettable, that's why I anticipate something like Thule Medallion (or perhaps something even bigger, better and more magical) give us a warm welcome with a sweet return. Basic fire arm combat against generic humans would put us to sleep, this is why I enjoy to use more Sci-Fi weapons of your mod when possible. I especially enjoy burning people with the Flamethrower and annihilate them with Proton Cell weapons, but it wouldn't just feel right without having even more fun magical combat abilities. The only one thing to wish for is the Return of the Tesla Cannon, a cannon that is canon to the series. But that is just my "two cent", since you as the Master will decide what your truly want out of your project anyway. :mrgreen:
Ozymandias81
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ozymandias81 »

The Occult theme is exactly the keyframe of Chapter 3 :wink:
ZDL_800

Post by ZDL_800 »

Hello.

I can send you the VR edition with the cinematic blood, maybe this could be updated sometime because you have to use an older version of GZDoom which is the only GZVR game which has application stutter.

Still an absolute amazing VR experience, so thankyou for your great works.
ZDL_800

Post by ZDL_800 »

I'm receiving messages of users requesting the VR Edition, I'm not uploading anything without permission so may I ask please?

Give an Englishman Wolfenstein and he can kill Nazi scum only on a screen.

Give an Englishman WolfensteinVR and he can go psycho killing Nazi scum its ****** satisfying !

Its personal.
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

If you have built your mod reworking our releases, I fear that we are not okay with it... If the mod is completely standalone, feel free to send us a link via PM, but personally I can't test it since I don't have a VR system, so probably a playthrough movie should be better to show what's going on.
ZDL_800

Post by ZDL_800 »

Hello and thankyou for the reply.

I have not created a new mod using the any assets, all I have done here is configure Blade Of Agony for VR and edited weapons and Ai to implement dynamic cinematic blood.

I added blood because all the death animations are the same, it just make's scenes more dynamic, blood sprays on the walls.

Its still the original Blade Of Agony, I do not wish to change anything else, its a great game and I'm not here to create some spin off.

I cannot believe that no Blade Of Agony Devs have experience their great work in VR, its madness.

Thanks again and hope to speak soon.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

ZDL_800 wrote:I cannot believe that no Blade Of Agony Devs have experience their great work in VR, its madness.
Well, I am interested in testing, but does it work with Occulus Rift?
ZDL_800

Post by ZDL_800 »

Yes it will work but its really buggy with Oculus.

Oculus is nothing but spyware anyway, sell and get the Vive.
ZDL_800

Post by ZDL_800 »

Hello.

Sorry for asking but the pistol is the wrong way round in VR, may I ask whats the classname of the pistol sprite as a weapon pickup?

Basically the VR engine grabs the weapon pickup and allocates this to the weapon placement.

Thanks again.
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

While I am not sure where all of this is going, there are 3 pistols on BoA: AstroLuger, Luger9mm and Walther9mm

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”