[Wolfenstein: Blade of Agony] v3.1 released (p204)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: [Blade of Agony] Secret screenshot galore | p183

Post by Captain J »

Just downloaded the standalone from Blade of Agony | Chapter 1+2 (v2.0, standalone), on mod db. But for some reason, my antivirus detected boa_c2.exe as trojan and i just don't get it.

Isn't this just separated launch program or something? Or is my antivirus acting way too sensitive?
Ozymandias81
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ozymandias81 »

If you read the horseshit of replies I give to users on ModDB, all of them will say that it is a phalse positive... In case you want to use a fancy executable and that you can't avoid your antivirus to stop removing the .exe or not downloading the file, you can get our releases from Github or then utilize Rachael old .exe to run it custom somehow
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

So it's safe. I didn't know that, but would be nice if you update the exe program inside the main file into something safe and... Innocent. To avoid the antivirus' whining, or maybe warn the people about this on OP and whatnot.

But hey, thanks for your reply. I can play the game safely then.
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

That's something which will happen for Chapter 3 release, Rachael is already helping us with that and phalse virus threats shouldn't happen with such release.
About the ModDB file well, I am not the one who manage it so idk if that's possible without zero-ing downloads counts and rank. Have fun with it! :wub:
doomjedi

Post by doomjedi »

Keen levels of Blade of Agony have been nominated by Keen community for most promising Keen project of 2019 8-)
https://pckf.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6570
TDG

Post by TDG »

I have another issue that keeps bothering me, I can't remove the files as I keep getting the message that I don't have authorization for that. And all I did was unpack the file I downloaded from the BOA site.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

I‘d suggest checking your virus tool
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Tormentor667 wrote:I‘d suggest checking your virus tool
Yes that first, and which antivirus though? It sounds like a quarantine process prevent you to do that.
But also do you have administrator permissions in your OS? I assume it is Win10, in case read here how to change authorizations for files and folders.
Or check in your antivirus which files gets quarantined and tell the program that they are safe so you can do remove files you don't want (don't move them it wil happen the same)
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Blade of Agony - Chapter 1, Mission 4 (before and after)
Working on Chapter 3 doesn't mean that we don't care about Chapter 2 and Chapter 1. We are still improving our work, adding content to the already finished missions to make sure that everything is streamlined and polished. I promise you: There is so much to discover that it is worth playing all Chapters in one go. It's almost like a reforged remastered edition now!

Link: https://imgur.com/zg7ThBO
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: [Blade of Agony] Before and after screens | p184

Post by Rachael »

I've been working on a fully graphical launcher, I admit it's not going as fast as I'd like, it has a combo-box drop down to set a graphics preset though, I mostly just have to add code the buttons I created on it to get it to launch the game. xD
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Ooo more darkness is fine too. At least we have plenty of lights!
TDG

Post by TDG »

It's not Avira, I keep getting the message that I do not have the administration rights to remove this program/these files.
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

TDG wrote:
It's not Avira, I keep getting the message that I do not have the administration rights to remove this program/these files.
Try then what I have said first, otherwise it is a problem with TrustedInstaller and you need to use tools like TakeOwnership to fix permanently the issue
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Blade of Agony - Chapter 1, Mission 1 (before and after)
Some more footage of the improvements we are doing in Chapter 1. The left shots are from the original C1 release in 2016, the right ones are from the current build that we prepare for the Chapter 3 finale. Next to litle improvements, texture changes and atmospheric additions, we also incorporated displacement maps for a few textures. You most propably can't spot them on the screenshots but they look fabolous when moving around.

Link: https://imgur.com/iJyc9CZ
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Say, do Dogs have idle rotations? You know, the sprites of them standing still or kneeling? Because it quite looks awkward while their masters are standing still.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”