[Wolfenstein: Blade of Agony] v3.1 released (p204)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
ZDL_800

Re: [Blade of Agony] Before and after screens | p184

Post by ZDL_800 »

Thankyou very much.

Managed to fix all weapons including the 3 pistols.
Ferretmanjcdenton
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: [Blade of Agony] Screenshots from Chapter 3 | p187

Post by Ferretmanjcdenton »

AWWWWESOOOOME.. can't wait ..this looks soooo damn amazing
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

A lot of detailed and pretty sight! And hope that garage much bigger gate so those planes could enter or leave... theoretically!
Mooney

Post by Mooney »

Looks amazing the detail is incredible.
ZDL_800

Post by ZDL_800 »

Screenshots look brilliant! Great works.

Can I ask? Does the Blade of Agony implement some sort of locked Triple Buffering because I'm just trying to figure out why this game is the only GZ VR mod with slightly delayed head movement.

Feels like input delay which makes you feel sick, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

I can imagine that some post-processing shaders might be responsible for that. You might want to deactivate all of them in the mod.
ZDL_800

Post by ZDL_800 »

Ok I'll disable all shaders, thanks for the update on this.

Update here.

I'm sure I've fixed the issue here, but the settings seem to reset back to default values? Not the default Zdoom panels but the added 'ENH. Options' under this panel all settings revert back upon exiting/starting?

Any ideas?

Thanks again for your help here.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

The problem for us is that we can't reproduce the error. Without being able to reproduce it, it's almost impossible to track it down.
Ozymandias81
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ozymandias81 »

ZDL_800 if you are using "predefined settings", that's intentional since they change a lot from user's side and even some gzdoom exclusive cvars too. In case if you are doing differently, be sure that the file which gets changed is YOURPROFILENAMEONWINDOWS-gzdoom.ini and that it isn't write protected. Anyway more precise explanations would be welcome, specially about which options exactly you change.
ZDL_800

Post by ZDL_800 »

It isn't write protected, the ini gets edited through the options, but on restart, the game sets all settings to default.

Even if you enable 'Read Only' the game demands that the ini cannot be written to, very strange but I cant do anymore.

So in VR,

1. Strange input head movement delay (Does not occur with other mods)

2. Settings revert back on starting the game. ('ENH. Options')

3. Weapons needs rescaling.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Public inactivity doesn't automatically mean inactivity behind the curtain. After months of dedicated commitment we can finally announce that the third chapter of Blade of Agony is finished - well, at least the rough outline. The Final Confrontation, that has been renamed for story-consistency and also as an homage to the original Wolfenstein 3D, is playable from the beginning to the end now. I admonish people not to cheer and ask for the download link though.

Even though we are making big steps towards the release of our game, there is still a lot of work to be done: Adding localization, examining story consistency, gameplay tests and implementing further improvements for the best possible experience.

A few days ago we added a custom help and info system directly into the game, that resembles the areas of our page. This will definitely come in handy for all those playing the mod for the very first time but somehow missted the website. On top of that, a new epilogue and cutscene system has been implemented, beautifying the old text displays with a nice frame and some custom art images.

One of the bigger remaining tasks though is the localization of all language strings we have. There is already a team of translators working on a Google spreadsheet that we've prepared but if you (or anyone else you know who is a native speaker of spanish, italian, german, russian, turkish or franch) might be interested in helping out, let us know and drop us a line.

Well, and we don't want you to visit this thread for paragraphs of boring text, do we? The media area on our webpage has been upvalued with 18 brand new screenshots of chapter 3, so before you leave, you might want to check these out - and stay tuned!
MaxRideWizardLord

Post by MaxRideWizardLord »

Tormentor667 wrote:Public inactivity doesn't automatically mean inactivity behind the curtain. After months of dedicated commitment we can finally announce that the third chapter of Blade of Agony is finished - well, at least the rough outline. The Final Confrontation, that has been renamed for story-consistency and also as an homage to the original Wolfenstein 3D, is playable from the beginning to the end now. I admonish people not to cheer and ask for the download link though.

Even though we are making big steps towards the release of our game, there is still a lot of work to be done: Adding localization, examining story consistency, gameplay tests and implementing further improvements for the best possible experience.

A few days ago we added a custom help and info system directly into the game, that resembles the areas of our page. This will definitely come in handy for all those playing the mod for the very first time but somehow missted the website. On top of that, a new epilogue and cutscene system has been implemented, beautifying the old text displays with a nice frame and some custom art images.

One of the bigger remaining tasks though is the localization of all language strings we have. There is already a team of translators working on a Google spreadsheet that we've prepared but if you (or anyone else you know who is a native speaker of spanish, italian, german, russian, turkish or franch) might be interested in helping out, let us know and drop us a line.

Well, and we don't want you to visit this thread for paragraphs of boring text, do we? The media area on our webpage has been upvalued with 18 brand new screenshots of chapter 3, so before you leave, you might want to check these out - and stay tuned!
Well, as long the Chapter 3 will contain some more awesome occult themed maps with magic combat as some of the devs hinted a while back on this thread, I am will be pleased to help you by translating parts of your game in to Russian.

Just hit me PM if you want some of text translated for you, preferable Discord as I am may not be familiar with certain scientific terminology. Some of the English scientific terminology words may different in Russian language; and if you want me to translate not just from English to Russian, but for Russian audience, I'd have to switch Fahrenheit to Celsius, Foot to Meter, Imperial system of measures to metric, etc.
Koto
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: [Blade of Agony] News for the final release | p187

Post by Koto »

I can help with spanish localization if you don't have someone doing that job.
Tormentor667

Re: [Blade of Agony] News for the final release | p187

Post by Tormentor667 »

Dropped a line to both of you :)

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”