[Blade of Agony] New shots of Chapter 3 | p156

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: [Blade of Agony] Chapter 2 released | p140

Postby doomjedi » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:25 am

Thank you :) Made our day as well, very very proud.
User avatar
doomjedi
"Blade of Agony" spriter
 
Joined: 03 Oct 2006
Location: Israel
Discord: DoomJedi

Re: [Blade of Agony] Chapter 2 released | p140

Postby Tormentor667 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:45 am

NightFright wrote:Image

Now I can die in peace.
User avatar
Tormentor667
needs more detail
 
Joined: 16 Jul 2003
Location: Germany

Re: [Blade of Agony] Chapter 2 released | p140

Postby Koto » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:53 am

Congrats Torm for the mod. Although I have not played the second chapter, I'm playing the first one and I see a lot of improvements specially in performance. The only thing that (kind of) annoys me is that specially the 7.62mm magazine displays 5 rounds but it gives just 2 rounds.
User avatar
Koto
Usted no aprende. ¿verdad?
 
Joined: 09 Aug 2013
Location: Pinochestein occupied territory (Chile)
Discord: KotoDerToten#6085

Re: [Blade of Agony] Chapter 2 released | p140

Postby Ozymandias81 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:48 am

This is a day that I will never forget... Jesus.
Not enough words to describe it, thanks everybody both teammates and community, I am already speechless.


@Koto
How that happens (also it's 7.92 and not 7.62)?
Spoiler:
User avatar
Ozymandias81
Doom is a State of Mind... Out of Control.
 
Joined: 04 Jul 2013
Location: Mount Olympus, Mars

Re: [Blade of Agony] Chapter 2 released | p140

Postby Captain J » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:51 am

I'm sure it'll be like ol' WW1 christmas truce when it's completely released! I wish you guys good luck!
User avatar
Captain J
Oh... Oh hi!
 
Joined: 02 Oct 2012
Location: Urban Clustermess
Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Re: [Blade of Agony] Chapter 2 released | p140

Postby Siberian Tiger » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:07 pm

Awesome stuff and congrats on a successful project! I wish I had time to play this masterpiece, however.... :(
User avatar
Siberian Tiger
 
Joined: 13 Jun 2009
Location: United States

Re: [Blade of Agony] Chapter 2 released | p140

Postby AFADoomer » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:26 pm

Ozymandias81 wrote:@Koto
How that happens (also it's 7.92 and not 7.62)?


If it's an enemy drop, it'll be half of 5, which in integer math is 2...
User avatar
AFADoomer
 
Joined: 15 Jul 2003

Re: [Blade of Agony] Chapter 2 released | p140

Postby JoeyTD » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:59 pm

Two things!

One: Loving mod and the new episode. keep up the good work, guys

two: Why I'm not being credited for the centered luger and centered Kar-98 weapon sprites?
User avatar
JoeyTD
BeardedDoomGuy everywhere else
 
Joined: 06 Apr 2009
Location: Map 33

Re: [Blade of Agony] Chapter 2 released | p140

Postby Mere_Duke » Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:36 pm

I've noticed a strange thing. When I try to open the door locked with a cyan key (c2m1 prison door for example) it says "this door needs red skeleton key to open". Both language and lockdefs lumps doesn't contain this phrase.
I play with standalone version of boa w/o any changes (except for ini file)
Mere_Duke
 
Joined: 28 Aug 2016
Location: Russia

Re: [Blade of Agony] Chapter 2 released | p140

Postby JohnnyTheWolf » Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:28 pm

Spoiler:
JohnnyTheWolf
 
Joined: 05 Oct 2015

Re: [Blade of Agony] Chapter 2 released | p140

Postby AFADoomer » Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:01 pm

JoeyTD wrote:Two things!

One: Loving mod and the new episode. keep up the good work, guys

two: Why I'm not being credited for the centered luger and centered Kar-98 weapon sprites?

Thanks!

I'll have to defer to Torm and Ozy on the credit question - If they're yours, then it was an unintentional oversight in the credits file and we'll get it fixed as soon as we can. Sorry!

Mere_Duke wrote:I've noticed a strange thing. When I try to open the door locked with a cyan key (c2m1 prison door for example) it says "this door needs red skeleton key to open". Both language and lockdefs lumps doesn't contain this phrase.
I play with standalone version of boa w/o any changes (except for ini file)

This seems to be caused by the DEHACKED patch in the included Freedoom2 IWAD. We'll work on a fix... If you want to fix it right now, try copying your doom2.wad file into the BoA folder; it should be used as the IWAD instead of FreeDoom, and the messages will be correct (I don't know if this will break your savegames, though!).
User avatar
AFADoomer
 
Joined: 15 Jul 2003

Re: [Blade of Agony] Chapter 2 released | p140

Postby Mere_Duke » Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:13 pm

AFADoomer wrote:
Mere_Duke wrote:I've noticed a strange thing. When I try to open the door locked with a cyan key (c2m1 prison door for example) it says "this door needs red skeleton key to open". Both language and lockdefs lumps doesn't contain this phrase.
I play with standalone version of boa w/o any changes (except for ini file)

This seems to be caused by the DEHACKED patch in the included Freedoom2 IWAD. We'll work on a fix... If you want to fix it right now, try copying your doom2.wad file into the BoA folder; it should be used as the IWAD instead of FreeDoom, and the messages will be correct (I don't know if this will break your savegames, though!).

Yeah, it'll break savegames cause they're attached to IWAD; and yeah it caused by FreeDoom dehacked patch, those strings are there! Thx for reply :)
Anyway, GZDoom has an option to not load deh lumps [Options->Miscellaneous], it was set to 'never' w/o effect.
Mere_Duke
 
Joined: 28 Aug 2016
Location: Russia

Re: [Blade of Agony] Chapter 2 released | p140

Postby AFADoomer » Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:53 pm

Thanks, I reported this behavior as a GZDoom bug.
User avatar
AFADoomer
 
Joined: 15 Jul 2003

Re: [Blade of Agony] Chapter 2 released | p140

Postby Ozymandias81 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:19 pm

JoeyTD wrote:Two things!

One: Loving mod and the new episode, keep up the good work, guys
Thank you kindly JoeyTD

two: Why I'm not being credited for the centered luger and centered Kar-98 weapon sprites?
You are credited properly inside WW-Nazis credits


@AFADoomer
Thank you for those fancy recent fixes (sorry my phone is crap like E.T for C64)
User avatar
Ozymandias81
Doom is a State of Mind... Out of Control.
 
Joined: 04 Jul 2013
Location: Mount Olympus, Mars

Re: [Blade of Agony] Chapter 2 released | p140

Postby JoeyTD » Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:37 pm

Ozymandias81 wrote:
JoeyTD wrote:Two things!

One: Loving mod and the new episode, keep up the good work, guys
Thank you kindly JoeyTD

two: Why I'm not being credited for the centered luger and centered Kar-98 weapon sprites?
You are credited properly inside WW-Nazis credits


@AFADoomer
Thank you for those fancy recent fixes (sorry my phone is crap like E.T for C64)


thanks for clearing that up.

half the text file won't open for me, shame on me.
User avatar
JoeyTD
BeardedDoomGuy everywhere else
 
Joined: 06 Apr 2009
Location: Map 33

PreviousNext

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], mail.ru [Bot], Semrush [Bot], SoulCircle and 9 guests