[Wolfenstein: Blade of Agony] v3.1 released (p204)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Tormentor667

Re: [WolfenDoom] Blade of Agony (Chapter 1 | released)

Post by Tormentor667 »

Enjay, thanks kindly for your words. Coming from a person like you, that I admire and respect in a very high sense, this feels like an accolade :) I am glad that you like it and if there is anything we can improve, please let us know, your oppinion is highly appreciated!
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Like it is an understatement. :biggrin:

To be fair, I was so immersed when I played it that, unusually for me, I wasn't spending too much time with a "how did they do that" or a "let's look for bugs" mindset. Again, that is most definitely a compliment because, after so many years playing and mapping, I find it hard to switch off that part of my brain. Basically, when playing Doom, I find it hard not to simply "see the Matrix" whether I want to or not.

I did notice that whoever put the intro together has difficulty with the alphabet though. After telling me that the team is going to be shown to me in alphabetical order, I get told about Doom Jedi, Ed the Bat and then Doom Juan. ;)

During play, the only thing I noticed - and maybe I'm mistaken - was that I *think* that during "Operation Overlord" in the room with the two artillery guns, I'm pretty sure that I pressed use on one of them to place my C4 but the other one lit up (and then exploded). After that, I placed C4 on the other one and it lit and blew up as expected. However, I can't be fully sure that's what happened because as I placed the first C4 charge, I got hit from behind and I spun round to defend myself and so I could just have been dis-coordinated.

Oh, yeah, an autosave in Paris before the timed bridge explosion would have been nice. I didn't make it first time, and I hadn't been saving often enough either. Image

I never mentioned the mine detector before. I love the mine detector.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Thanks again for the feedback :) I really would like to see a commented Let's Play from you by any chance, but that's just a thought ;)

I fixed the two things you've mentioned by the way.
Steve1664

Post by Steve1664 »

I'm having a problem launching the mod version. When I tried to launch it it gave me the error message "Script error, "boa_c1.pk3:actors/misc/player.txt" line 35: "player.viewbob" is an unknown actor property". I went to the Realm667 forums to troubleshoot and learned that I'm supposed to update to the latest version of GZDoom. Now when I got it (version 2.3), unzipping the files brought up a bunch of error messages and it won't work. Is there something wrong with the latest build?
Ozymandias81
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Steve1664 wrote:I'm having a problem launching the mod version. When I tried to launch it it gave me the error message "Script error, "boa_c1.pk3:actors/misc/player.txt" line 35: "player.viewbob" is an unknown actor property".
Did you ever follow correctly what I wrote here? It is pretty important even for the non-standalone version...
Steve1664 wrote:I went to the Realm667 forums to troubleshoot and learned that I'm supposed to update to the latest version of GZDoom. Now when I got it (version 2.3), unzipping the files brought up a bunch of error messages and it won't work. Is there something wrong with the latest build?
How are you supposed to download the 2.3.0 build of GZDoom if it doesn't exist?
Probably you misunderstand something there:
  • Unzip such build on a separate folder then move both Blade of Agony pk3 and Doom2.wad inside the new folder
  • Run the game drag-droppin BoA pk3 over gzdoom.exe
  • Follow my instructions stated on Realm667
The Ultimate DooMer

Post by The Ultimate DooMer »

Enjay wrote:This is one of the most impressive mods ever. The immersion is complete. The mapping is to an incredibly high standard; to the point that I could almost believe it was in a more modern engine like Unreal or something.
Yeah, it's right up there with Paranoid in terms of technical excellence and immersion/atmosphere/playing-a-totally-different-game-in-the-Doom-engine. (feels like RTCW/Wolf2/New Order). One thing I noticed rightaway is that this thing is really made for -fast, it doesn't seem right that the entire Nazi army is slow-witted and takes an age to aim/fire ;)
(it does make certain sections a pain though, notably the defend-a-gun battle and those super-mutants that throw purple gas bombs)

Definitely one of the best things I've played in a while.
OMG the minecart!
Sadly it lacks the ability to protect you from cultists when crouching :( (is there a variable you can check to see if you're crouched or not?)
Steve1664

Post by Steve1664 »

Ozymandias81 wrote:
  • Unzip such build on a separate folder then move both Blade of Agony pk3 and Doom2.wad inside the new folder
  • Run the game drag-droppin BoA pk3 over gzdoom.exe
  • Follow my instructions stated on Realm667
I downloaded the latest build, but when I unzipped it into the new folder it gave me a list of error messages ("unknown method" in brightmaps, gzdoom.exe, gzdoom.pk3, etc.) and gzdoom.exe doesn't work. I'm wondering if anybody else has had this issue with the build, because it's never happened to me before.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

I can unzip it just right. What kind of unzipping program you use? I recommend 7Zip to unzip it.
NovaRain

Post by NovaRain »

Steve1664 wrote:I downloaded the latest build, but when I unzipped it into the new folder it gave me a list of error messages ("unknown method" in brightmaps, gzdoom.exe, gzdoom.pk3, etc.) and gzdoom.exe doesn't work. I'm wondering if anybody else has had this issue with the build, because it's never happened to me before.
The 7z archives on DRD Team are compressed with LZMA2 method. It seems your archiver doesn't support uncompressing LZMA2. Try update your archiver or use other newer ones.
TDG

Post by TDG »

Just read some of your recommendations on the ENH. option settings Ozymandias81.
I also switched to the older release of gzdoom you recommended in an earlier post as the latest post apparently made some objects disappear.

Going to give this a try later. In general BoA worked well for me but during the Eisenmann mission the game really slowed down during the last part of the game in the bunker complex.
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

@TDG

Only r306 of GZDoom had that disappearing issue.
Anyway if you wanna play with a new build of GZDoom I strongly suggest to reconfigure the game by 0 + start a new game
TDG

Post by TDG »

Sorry I am not familiar with that command as I have never used the console or options very much.
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

TDG wrote:Sorry I am not familiar with that command as I have never used the console or options very much.
Erhm I think you misunderstand what I have said: you mustn't use this version of GZDoom (both 32 or 64 bit) and it is better to play the game from 0, configuring all commands simply checking Options and Enh. Options menues in game. :wink:
TDG

Post by TDG »

Oh I am using the older version of gzdoom you recommended in your previous post (gzdoom-x64-g2.3pre-292-g747b612).
I mean that I am not familiar with the description "Play game from 0".
sdk2k9

Post by sdk2k9 »

Any rough idea when the full version will be released?

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”