[Wolfenstein: Blade of Agony] v3.1 released (p204)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
AFADoomer

Re: [Blade of Agony] Chapter 2 released | p140

Post by AFADoomer »

Thanks, Enjay!
Enjay wrote:[minor query: Are stealth kills meant to count towards the kill total? Because they don't seem to. I have the kills stat visible in the automap and after getting a few stealth kills on the humans, the only kills that seemed to have been recorded were the two dogs that had discovered me.]
You are correct - they *should* be counting but are not (internally, the idle sneakable monsters are FRIENDLY, so don't count as kills). This is fixed in GitHub now (I don't think this warrants re-releasing - since there are maps where you cannot get 100% kills, anyway).
The Ultimate DooMer

Post by The Ultimate DooMer »

AFADoomer wrote:
The Ultimate DooMer wrote:Hmm, are you sure that crouching to avoid detection is working properly?

(I've already killed 3 guards by crawling up to them while they were walking towards me)
What skill are you playing on?
Skill 4. (Herrenrasse)
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

AFADoomer wrote:(I don't think this warrants re-releasing - since there are maps where you cannot get 100% kills, anyway).
I reckon it can be explained by the player just being so darned stealthy that even the game didn't notice the kills. ;)
AFADoomer

Post by AFADoomer »

The Ultimate DooMer wrote:
AFADoomer wrote:
The Ultimate DooMer wrote:Hmm, are you sure that crouching to avoid detection is working properly?

(I've already killed 3 guards by crawling up to them while they were walking towards me)
What skill are you playing on?
Skill 4. (Herrenrasse)
Brave... I can't play through without cheating above skill 3.

Are they alerting when they walk up on you, or are they walking up to/around you without noticing you? If you are just lying in wait in the dark (with your stealth bar showing less than a full bar) and stabbing when they are in close range, then that's entirely as intended.

Let's just say that the guards don't see very well in the dark... Or even in dim areas. (Their "eyesight" was more realistic at one point, and the first level in particular was no fun at all for anyone except for me, and then only because I understood all of the internal mechanics *and* knew the level layout)
The Ultimate DooMer

Post by The Ultimate DooMer »

They're just walking straight towards me while I'm crawling straight towards them. (stealth bar at full, but in a lit-up area...notably the top floor of the prison area with the blue/cyan doors)
AFADoomer

Post by AFADoomer »

I'll have to look into this more. There may be an issue with patrolling (as in, actually assigned a patrol path to follow) enemies 'alerting' - yelling and adding to your sighted enemy count - but not actually firing at you.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Can't run it :(

I still using WinXp and it's not a Win32 valid application, for some reason. I think i'll download GZD 3.0.
AFADoomer

Post by AFADoomer »

Yes, you should be able to run the .pk3 with whatever current GZDoom release will run on your system.
doomjedi

Post by doomjedi »

Enjay wrote:I think for the sheer effort they must have taken to make and the wonderful visual value that the enhanced sprites add to the mod, they deserve special mention
Thank you :) So nice to read that, task that seemed so big and impossible to make at first (and then the frustration of none of it being included in c1 release, it was "all or none" for Daniel at that point). When I got into that "hires" project (despite the "scar" of so much of my hires art being scrapped before from one of older projects), I didn't really realize the sheer amount of enemies and npcs this mod has in total, heh :) But positive in-work feedbacks helped to keep going and at the end it was totally worth it, the difference that it makes to the mod.

I keep making new art/enemies for Chapter 3 (already made alot) and you'll keep seeing it there as well :)
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Enjay wrote:Congratulations to the team.
Thanks so much for your words Nigel, I almost cried like a little baby :)
Mere_Duke

Post by Mere_Duke »

Thx Tormentor667 & The Team! This is a good gift for my birthday :)
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

Looks like you got the best advertisement one could possibly wish for:

Now I also cannot ignore it any longer (was waiting for a major update all the time). Downloading and playing this weekend!
Last edited by NightFright on Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

Wow - very nice!
Batandy

Post by Batandy »

Congratulations to the team! :)
I still remember seeing the first screenshot of the mod when you made this thread, I was impressed and i thought it was really outstanding, but i've never could've expected it to evolve into this, you've accomplished some amazing things which will shape the future of the Doom community for the next decades to come.
Caligari87
Admin
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Caligari87 »

NightFright wrote:Looks like you got the best advertisement one could possibly wish for:

Torm & Team, you'd better add this to the site! I'm geeking out that JOHN ROMERO has endorsed your project.

8-)

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”