[Wolfenstein: Blade of Agony] v3.1 released (p204)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
ZDL_800

Re: [Blade of Agony] News for the final release | p187

Post by ZDL_800 »

Great news on the update.

Please allow me to send you the cinematic blood/ VR version.

I can PM you the edits.

Thanks again.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Can you elaborate?
RichterBelmont12

Post by RichterBelmont12 »

Take your Time on the Release. I can't wait to finish this game for this years Doom December on my Channel!! :D
MrIcarus

Post by MrIcarus »

SOON
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Oh hi Icarus!
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

MrIcarus wrote:SOON
...hopefully followed by a new video of MrIcarus' take on C3 :)
Alptraum
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Alptraum »

Looks so good. Cannot wait ^^
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

The page got a nice overhaul for the design,
nothing too fancy, but it resembles the ingame graphics much more to make the whole project fit together. There is also some more content to discover on the page, so have fun discovering it!

Link: https://boa.realm667.com
DavidN

Re: [Blade of Agony] Updated page design | p188

Post by DavidN »

I'm just catching up with this after somehow missing it for so long - what an exceptional GZDoom game :) The mood is just incredible, and it's amazing to see such a huge amount of new material that people have contributed. Nazi-bashing is just what we need just now, and I really feel like Indiana Jones sneaking around the bases and catacombs :) I wanted to highlight the music in particular, which sounds like a John Williams film score - who did that?!

Couple of things I'm finding in the 10th June version:

- The "grey doors are just decorative" rule is nice in theory and allows you to make more realistic environments, but it isn't applied very consistently. I've been able to open doors that I'm pretty sure were grey all over (the one to the training field at the start of the game, for example) and there are doors which have red "Eintritt verboten" signs on them that are unopenable. (Bear in mind here that I'm colourblind so I may be making mistakes others wouldn't)
- I'm pretty sure in the standalone version, some of the Freedoom key messages are left in ("this door needs the blue passcard") and don't match up with the actual key colours
- The anti-Jewish artwork you dug up (exhibition in Paris) is very unsettling. Not a comment against the mod... just consider me unsettled!
- In the Paris mission and particularly the tombs mission that I'm on now, it's often very difficult to know where you're supposed to be going next. After each button in the archaeological dig, you have to run round the whole place to find out what it did
- https://i.imgur.com/sGUB6xA.png :)
- The final fight in Paris goes on for ages and the player's really got the idea of it a long time before the troops arrive
- During that same fight, the game behaves strangely when you're at a mounted gun and get shot - you can get knocked back a long way and still remain in control of the gun!

I think that's all the snags that I thought up... going back to playing it now :)

- EDIT oh dear god the button at the back of the underwater pillar in the temple is the biggest example of Hexen2ery I've ever seen - please move that somewhere even remotely noticeable! ;)
Ozymandias81
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ozymandias81 »

DavidN, regarding the C2 release and Freedoom keys, it is an old problem we managed to spot in the past and it is related to some messages present on Freedoom's dehacked lump. For that reason we suggest to play BoA under Doom2, mostly sure C3 release will be an iwad (ipk3). Many things have been changed during these 3+ years of dev for C3, so expect totally new material to taste, like a compass to help you keep track of what to do next. I still wonder how that boat and shark managed to get there lol
doomjedi

Post by doomjedi »

Not exactly bumping the thread (maybe a bit, this mod surely doesn't deserve to be on 3rd page of mods), just wanting to say this is still very much in active development, we're doing all we can, on daily basis - to head this towards a finish line.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

We've come a long way
Comparison shots of the allied headquarter from the beta (left) and the current development version of Chapter 3 (right).
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

I just love how realistic it gets through out the time. Replacing the cubic table and chair into model ones are a neat choice! But would be nice if the War Room(last one) also had the same objects.
Tormentor667

Re: [Blade of Agony] We are almost there | p188

Post by Tormentor667 »

We are almost there!
c3m0_a-finished.jpg
After almost 6 years of being in development, we reached a special milestone today. With the latest commit on Tuesday, November 10th, 2020, the mod is fully playable, that means: all chapters can be played through from start to finish.

Because any of us in the dev team lives several thousands miles apart from each other (not to mention COVID-19 restrictions), we had to celebrate this with some good old German beers in our chat group, exchanging a few photos and videos to make sure everyone was drunk to celebrate this glorious moment - well it wasn't that glorious anymore after beer number then but... well, we had some fun, now on to the news people are waiting for.

In the middle of the year, we were certain that a release in the fourth quarter of 2020 was realistic. But during our own playtests, a large number of issues came up, and we needed to adress those first. This was also the reason why finishing the maps took us longer than expected. We fixed game-breaking bugs, we improved the storytelling, and we added new content to the first two Chapters - we polished like crazy.

Now that all of the maps are done, we will start to balance, fix, and finish the mod in order to make the best possible experience available for all you players out there. This also means that we need to spend some more time on the mod in order to achieve that. As of now, we are confident that a release in the first few months of 2021 is a reasonable target. Until then, we will make sure to keep you informed and entertained when it comes to Blade of Agony.

I recommend subscribing to our YouTube channel. We will be posting some interesting content on our YouTube channel over the next few weeks for those who are really impatient. Until then, stay safe, and have a good time.
Captain J

Re: [Blade of Agony] We are almost there | p188

Post by Captain J »

Whopping 6 years... My how time goes fast. But let me tell you, after all the wait, effort, previews, a bit of drama, trailers and enthusiasm, this project is gonna be super amazing. Don't give up and keep on running!!

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”