[Wolfenstein: Blade of Agony] v3.1 released (p204)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Ozymandias81
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [Blade of Agony] Chapter 2 released | p140

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Caligari87 wrote:Finally picked this up after eschewing it for a while because I'm not a Wolfenstein fan.

HOLY. SHIT.

This is amazing. Absolutely gorgeous, plays like a dream, the weapons feel great, levels are intuitive but not too simple, enemies are dangerous and interesting, sound is spot-on... It's a masterpiece! I haven't been this impressed for a long time, nor have I played any one mod like this for so many hours in one sitting. Bravo, team! Bravo!

8-)
Thank you kindly for these super-sweet words Caligari87, we are trying to do our best fighting our limits if possible! :3:
sptect

Post by sptect »

RockstarRaccoon wrote: If you feel like the game was worth replaying as it was, you will definitely want to play it again.
Awesome. Looking forward to playing this amazing TC again!
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

It'd be cool if I'd get the credit for the toolbox, and DoomNukem for the casings. If I'll spot anything else I'll pop up again. Thanks in advance.
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

PillowBlaster wrote:It'd be cool if I'd get the credit for the toolbox, and DoomNukem for the casings. If I'll spot anything else I'll pop up again. Thanks in advance.
Added, thanks for point them up... Usually I don't forget any credits, but well I am human... Maybe. :lol:
sptect

Post by sptect »

One more quick set of questions. Normally I play with texture filtering turned off in zdoom, but I'm tired of more blocky pixels (blasphemous, I know). Can anyone recommend some texture filtering options that smooth out the textures a bit without reducing a ton of sharpness. I've tried setting the texture filtering to linear or trilinear, but it just looks fuzzy to me. Here are my current settings:
Texture Filter Mode: None (trilinear)
Anisotropic filter: Off (my gfx card sucks)
hires textures: Yes
High Quality Resize mode: Off
Resize Textures: Off
Resize Sprites: Off
Resize fonts: Off
Precache GL textures: No

What should I enable in the above and what high quality resize mode should I consider (hq2x? etc). Any advice welcome.
RockstarRaccoon

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

I use XBRZ, but for BoA, I recommend not doing that: there are already hi-res resources and a ton of effects, and that could drop the frame rate to nothing.
doomjedi

Post by doomjedi »

High Quality Resize mode: scalex2 is the sharpest AFAIK.
RockstarRaccoon

XBRZ has better slopes on slanted lines and gradients similar colors. It's probably the best option, but it kills your frame rate.
Bofubutt

Post by Bofubutt »

I really hate how dangerous the fans are in ventilation ducts. It's probably my least favorite thing about this game short of the platforming. I just gave up on getting any of the treasure in some of the levels because the instant my pinky toe touches it, I get sucked into an inescapable deathtrap.
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Bofubutt wrote:I really hate how dangerous the fans are in ventilation ducts. It's probably my least favorite thing about this game short of the platforming. I just gave up on getting any of the treasure in some of the levels because the instant my pinky toe touches it, I get sucked into an inescapable deathtrap.
Simply avoid red lights near those vents, and when you know that you are near them do not crouch, instead run for the necessary distance to flee from them.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Yeah, the red lights saved me a few times. Mind you, the fans are hella dangerous. You just get used to avoiding them though.
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

I see you guys are still using the C4 in the mod, even though it hadn't been invented yet back then.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

To be fair, zombie mutants with weapons embedded in their chests hadn't been invented either.

Or had they? ;)
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

CeeJay wrote:I see you guys are still using the C4 in the mod, even though it hadn't been invented yet back then.
You could probably pretty safely replace "C4" with "Comp B" in all instances in which it's referenced by name.
RockstarRaccoon

The Weasel makes a good suggestion.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”